New Karma false flag system is outrageous in system wars!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

if you make a post that goes against a certain arch type lemming / cow / hermit / sheep all those users can flag you and you get banned

how is this fair?

user 1: PS4 has better graphics on GTA5 than xbox 1

say 10 lemmings flag him they only get +1 karma while he gets +10 karma and is banned and if mod accept accusers position they don't get any karma and the mods can't undo the flags apparently like a false flag etc

theres no stopping false flagging people with this

i need help i didn't spam and my flags were not removed for not spamming can someone look into this?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

This is why I like the Rocky character. he does things to prove and accomplishment for himself with a complete disregard for people around him. Even when the character triumphs (or fails gloriously) all he wants is Adrian, ignoring the leering crowd around him.

Modern tv hijacked "aspirational" turning into something more cynical. Instead of accomplishing a goal for yourself; you are consistently required to be judged by everyone else's standards. Which you usually means being placed front of 3-4 millionaires who wish to package you into a product with a god like persona, coupled with am the audience judging you in the most shallow way possible. This includes (but it not limited too) mocking the elderly, the way you look and people with possible mental problems. Who are repeatably allowed back on these shows to be mocked.

This shallow, vacuous, judgmental reality talent show mentality has sadly seeped onto forums essentially turning them into American Idol in which most of your audience are emotionally driven teenagers attempting to destroy each other; taking things a little too seriously. Gaming forums aren't particularly renowned for balanced moderators either. "at your own at your own discretion" when a young person has a god button can lead to a sense of entitlement and camaraderie that is a moral corruption of ethical values by popular demand. Bacon is also very good.