My account has disappeared

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for myaccountisgone
myaccountisgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 myaccountisgone
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I can't log in to my original account and I can't request a new password because the 'forgot password?' page keeps telling me my e-mail address isn't in the database. But neither can I create a new account with that e-mail address because the registration page keeps telling me the e-mail address is in the database.

Also, I do still receive GameSpot e-mails, but I can't unsubscribe from them. I did click the unsubscribe links in the e-mails multiple times and it tells me I have successfully unsubscribed from the e-mails every time, but I keep getting them.

Could anyone help me fix this problem? I would really like to get back my original account. If someone from GameSpot needs the e-mail address of my original account, just ask.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#2  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

Hopefully @LarkAnderson can get you back into your account, as I highly doubt it's actually disappeared, the most likely scenario here is that the forgot password feature is broken and needs fixing. You can check if your account still exists or not (GS isn't into a habit of randomly deleting accounts though) if you can remember your full username by navigating to www.gamespot.com/profile/USERNAMEHERE

e.g. www.gamespot.com/profile/myaccountisgone would be for the account you posted this with.

myaccountisgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By myaccountisgone

Good point ^^

Here it is: http://www.gamespot.com/profile/R-d-J/

So I guess it is indeed the forgot password page that's actually broken. (and the unsubscribe button in the daily updates e-mails as well)

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

@myaccountisgone said:
Also, I do still receive GameSpot e-mails, but I can't unsubscribe from them. I did click the unsubscribe links in the e-mails multiple times and it tells me I have successfully unsubscribed from the e-mails every time, but I keep getting them.

This has been an issue for a [far too long] while now - see the stickied thread...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/bug-reporting-feedback-1000006/email-notification-updates-issues-keep-them-here-31283094/#58

But, don't hold your breath waiting for a fix. :|

myaccountisgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 myaccountisgone

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@myaccountisgone said:

This has been an issue for a [far too long] while now - see the stickied thread...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/bug-reporting-feedback-1000006/email-notification-updates-issues-keep-them-here-31283094/#58

But, don't hold your breath waiting for a fix. :|

Well, that sucks. But currently I'm more concerned about getting my account back.

After that, I'll look into the e-mails :P