Movies on this site don't work for me..?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zerith65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 zerith65
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts
Every single time I load a movie through the gamespot movie player pop-up window (you know the one for reviews and all the movies that gamespot themselves post) I get a "don't send" error. Every single time. This didn't used to happen. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening?

I use Firefox. But I did test the regular internet explorer and it did the same thing, which leads me to believe that it is not the Browsers fault.

Maybe Windows Media Player upgrade that I did a few weeks back???

I have no idea what is wrong. Any help would be great.
Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts
i updated windows media again, it seemed to work for me
zerith65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zerith65
I did that... still errors.
zerith65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zerith65
Ok wow. I even uninstalled doing the rollback to the previous windows media player (Windows Media Player 10) and still nothing. This is starting to get ridiculous. I can't watch any movies on this site that arn't posted by users.
There is definitely something wrong with this site because I can go to gametrailers, or any other site, and I don't get this garbage.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

The error is a "Don't Send" error , and it appears within seconds of loading the gamespot video player pop-up screen. Every single time it errors out.
jsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 jsd
Member since 2002 • 1492 Posts
Sorry, I've never heard of anything like this before. Can you send a screenshot or something? Upload it to allyoucanupload.com and send me a PM with the link, or post it here. Thanks.
zerith65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zerith65
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

this is a screenshot of me trying to watch the Ocarina of Time Video Review. It seemed okay for a few seconds, then it crashed with a don't send error.
This happens every time I try to watch a video on this site, with the exception of the user videos.
zerith65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zerith65
So I guess nobody has any Idea what the heck is going on. Helpful forums rock.
I still can't view any gamespot videos without a Don't Send Error and its getting to the point where i'm considering just trying to forget gamespot exists and just stop coming here because it's no longer an enjoyable experience.
jsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jsd
Member since 2002 • 1492 Posts
oh THAT. well, to be honest, that's probably nothing to do with us. does it happen in IE?