Missing Features: Box Scans, Downloads, and Series Info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TigerCatBrandon
TigerCatBrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#1 TigerCatBrandon
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts

One of my favorite uses of Game Spot is tracking classic game information. Box Scans, Demos & Patches, Reviews, Screenshots, Videos, and Forums of my favorite classics from the Sega Genesis to the PS2 really bring back memories and help me when I pick up some of these to play. I also check reviews and information for new games. One of the most frustrating things I no longer see on the site is the "info" feature containing a list of links of games in the series (example: resident evil or final fantasy and all games in the franchise). This was very helpful for information and also finding other games in a favorite series. Also, it seems I cannot access high-resolution Box Scans, Demos, and Patches now. I understand you never had ALL the scans before, but you had enough for printing missing box art and also providing important box information such as 2-player, supports multi-tap 4 player, supports camera, supports online. As for the demos and patches, it is a very sad thing if you no longer provide these because this was a very main feature for trying out and improving gaming. Also, concerning videos of reviews and game play, I am glad you have kept these up, but I have always had trouble playing the older videos on your site with my modern Firefox. I used to download those videos to help the situation. Please see if you can get them working or allow downloads again, but don't remove them. Thank you, much, for supporting game collectors by retaining information on these classics. Please do your best to hold on to the helpful information you have.

soheil_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 soheil_m
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

@TigerCatBrandon said:

One of my favorite uses of Game Spot is tracking classic game information. Box Scans, Demos & Patches, Reviews, Screenshots, Videos, and Forums of my favorite classics from the Sega Genesis to the PS2 really bring back memories and help me when I pick up some of these to play. I also check reviews and information for new games. One of the most frustrating things I no longer see on the site is the "info" feature containing a list of links of games in the series (example: resident evil or final fantasy and all games in the franchise). This was very helpful for information and also finding other games in a favorite series. Also, it seems I cannot access high-resolution Box Scans, Demos, and Patches now. I understand you never had ALL the scans before, but you had enough for printing missing box art and also providing important box information such as 2-player, supports multi-tap 4 player, supports camera, supports online. As for the demos and patches, it is a very sad thing if you no longer provide these because this was a very main feature for trying out and improving gaming. Also, concerning videos of reviews and game play, I am glad you have kept these up, but I have always had trouble playing the older videos on your site with my modern Firefox. I used to download those videos to help the situation. Please see if you can get them working or allow downloads again, but don't remove them. Thank you, much, for supporting game collectors by retaining information on these classics. Please do your best to hold on to the helpful information you have.

I want the video Download button Back .............