Missing Emblems Thread--(please read first 3 posts)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by thom_maytees (3669 posts) -

I just recently received my Video Virtuoso emblem.

Now, for the E3 2011 Reader's Choice Awards (it has been a month since the voting has ended), Superhero Sound-Off , and the Comic-Con Virtual VIP emblems...

Update (7/27): just learned that I received my Good Taste emblem back.

#302 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -
[QUOTE="jediknight52501"]i know i am missing 2 Emblems, but sometimes you have to wait. patience is key when you know they are working to fix the problems so that that in the future the system will work right the first time.dab198
Just saying you're missing 2 isn't helpful; you need to know which ones they are. If they're Fuse emblems, you won't be getting them back for a while.

i am missing the E3 Reader's Choice Emblem and the E3 Facebook Freedom Fighter. i hope that helps?
#303 Posted by charlie_killer (114 posts) -

Has anyone else lost the "And i'll Form The head" and "Good Taste" emblem?

#304 Posted by dab198 (3905 posts) -

Has anyone else lost the "And i'll Form The head" and "Good Taste" emblem?

charlie_killer
Both of these are mentioned in the third post of this thread as emblems you should not currently report as missing.
#305 Posted by shinian (6871 posts) -

Hello there. Just reporting that I'm missing the e3 2k11 E3 Reader's Choice Emblem.

#306 Posted by LankyKong (2678 posts) -

Still missing the E3 Readers Choice Emblem.

#307 Posted by dalger21 (1169 posts) -

I would imagine people will start to see the e3 reader's choice achievement as I just noticed I received it so I'm sure others will too soon.

#308 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4089 posts) -

I would imagine people will start to see the e3 reader's choice achievement as I just noticed I received it so I'm sure others will too soon.>dalger21

I concur, I just received it also. Only the Facebook Gold and Comic Con 'I'm Attending' emblems still missing for me.

#309 Posted by thom_maytees (3669 posts) -

I would imagine people will start to see the e3 reader's choice achievement as I just noticed I received it so I'm sure others will too soon.

dalger21

I received mine recently. I am waiting for the Comic-Con emblems for Virtual V.I.P. and for posting a Tweet on what will I do if I have superpower.

#310 Posted by charlie_killer (114 posts) -

Holy crap i actually got the 2011 Readers Choice Emblem! Now i'm only waiting to get back my Good Taste and I'll Form The Head emblem, along with the Superpower submission emblem.

#311 Posted by dab198 (3905 posts) -

Holy crap i actually got the 2011 Readers Choice Emblem! Now i'm only waiting to get back my Good Taste and I'll Form The Head emblem, along with the Superpower submission emblem.

charlie_killer
Like I said a couple of posts back, do not expect to get Good Taste or I'll Form the Head back in the near future. Do not report those as missing again.
#312 Posted by charlie_killer (114 posts) -
I wasn't reporting, i said i was still waiting to get those back.
#313 Posted by PolskaKing (39592 posts) -
Still waiting for the E3 facebook Gold, or are there still problems with that?
#314 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -
I wasn't reporting, i said i was still waiting to get those back.charlie_killer
Same thing really as extra posts about the same thing will make it harder for all to get the emblems.
#315 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
Thanks guys. I think everyone by now has got E3 Reader's Choice Emblem. We appreciate your effort
#316 Posted by shinian (6871 posts) -

Thanks guys. I think everyone by now has got E3 Reader's Choice Emblem. We appreciate your effortSandulf29

Nope, still waiting here:P

#317 Posted by LankyKong (2678 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sandulf29"]Thanks guys. I think everyone by now has got E3 Reader's Choice Emblem. We appreciate your effortshinian

Nope, still waiting here:P

Me too.

#318 Posted by charlie_killer (114 posts) -

Quick question: Did anybody else here participate in that whole superpower thing Gamespot held a while back? Cause i did and i got message saying that i got some sort of emblem or did i misinterpet that or what, kinda confused :P

#319 Posted by gmax (6861 posts) -
The only recent Comic-Con event emblems that may have already been awarded are these: [size=29] [/size] The first two are for watching the live coverage and the last one is for the staff secret identity activity. The awarding process for these emblems may be complete, but I would not know that for a certainty. I don't think any level changes have been made for the staff secret identity activity. There were several other Comic-Con activities that are presumably still going to lead to emblems, but I don't think any of them have been awarded. My understanding is that the "sound off" activity is still in this category. I get the impression that Synthia & Co. are still going to be fairly busy for a while yet wrapping all of that up.

#320 Posted by Super-Poke-Bros (1770 posts) -

Aside from the removed Fuse emblems and the ones known to have problems, I'm missing the following:

Vote Rocker
I have the Voted Twice, but not this one. I'm sure the Voted Twice is not stackable over this one, because I've seen people who have it as two seperate emblems.

Greatest Game Villian Bouncer
I voted on everything during that event

Portal Kombat
I sent in the trivia

#321 Posted by dalger21 (1169 posts) -

Aside from the removed Fuse emblems and the ones known to have problems, I'm missing the following:

Vote Rocker
I have the Voted Twice, but not this one. I'm sure the Voted Twice is not stackable over this one, because I've seen people who have it as two seperate emblems.

Greatest Game Villian Bouncer
I voted on everything during that event

Portal Kombat
I sent in the trivia

Super-Poke-Bros

There was a thread on how to achieve the first one you mentioned. Can't seem to find it though. The others are probably too late for you to achieve if you haven't already done so.

#322 Posted by Super-Poke-Bros (1770 posts) -

There was a thread on how to achieve the first one you mentioned. Can't seem to find it though. The others are probably too late for you to achieve if you haven't already done so.

dalger21

I'll try to look for the thread, but I'd appraciate it if someone would post the link :)

Also, I did participate in both events. I remember the Greatest Game Villian event, I remember that I voted on everything from start to finish.
For the Portal Kombat...I'm not sure if I sent in the trivia on time, but there was no mention of a deadline at the time that I posted it.

EDIT:

Oh, yousaid"achieve." I already got it :P
I remember I had it a while ago, but it disapeared. I just have the Voted Twice now.

#323 Posted by gmax (6861 posts) -
[QUOTE="Super-Poke-Bros"]Vote Rocker [5 years ago] Villain Bouncer [1 year ago] Portal Kombat [3 months ago]

It's pretty much too late for all of those, especially the first two. Even if you had details about your participation for the last one the chances that Synthia would be able to verify it now are fairly remote. The Bouncer wasn't for voting on the main bracket battles, and it didn't really give anyone that much trouble unless they were using a browser that wasn't compatible with the actual activity. The "normal" states for the Vote Rocker/Voted Twice emblems were apparently supposed to be no emblems (for not participating), just the Vote Rocker, or just the Voted Twice (which was in fact supposed to replace the Vote Rocker, and would indeed do so). Having both emblems was also possible due to an unintended glitch that required doing something more than voting in each activity. Lots of people knew that and wound up with both, but there are a lot of users who have just one or the other. In any case, those activities were started so long ago that there may not be any official information about the emblems on the site anymore; all I've seen is unofficial (but fairly credible) information.

#324 Posted by Super-Poke-Bros (1770 posts) -

It's pretty much too late for all of those, especially the first two...all I've seen is unofficial (but fairly credible) information. gmax

Is there absolutelyno hope? :(

Can you give me a link to how to use the glitch to my advantage? Or was it something that I had to do while actually voting to get both?

#325 Posted by gmax (6861 posts) -
[QUOTE="Super-Poke-Bros"]Is there absolutely no hope? :( Can you give me a link to how to use the glitch to my advantage? Or was it something that I had to do while actually voting to get both?

It was how many times you had to vote and in what order. And, of course, that you had to do it while voting was still possible, which it no longer appears to be. So yeah, not a whole lot of hope. But if you just want to say it's a vanishingly small amount of hope, I guess you could.

#326 Posted by PolskaKing (39592 posts) -

Quick question: Did anybody else here participate in that whole superpower thing Gamespot held a while back? Cause i did and i got message saying that i got some sort of emblem or did i misinterpet that or what, kinda confused :P

charlie_killer
I did indeed, I haven't gotten anything of that sort yet.
#327 Posted by dalger21 (1169 posts) -

[QUOTE="Super-Poke-Bros"]Is there absolutely no hope? :( Can you give me a link to how to use the glitch to my advantage? Or was it something that I had to do while actually voting to get both?gmax
It was how many times you had to vote and in what order. And, of course, that you had to do it while voting was still possible, which it no longer appears to be. So yeah, not a whole lot of hope. But if you just want to say it's a vanishingly small amount of hope, I guess you could.

I remember seeing a thread on it a few years ago but can't seem to find it. Might have been the emblem thread that was created back then and how to achieve some of the emblems floating around. Seems to have disappeared now.

#328 Posted by Sidburn19 (4646 posts) -

[QUOTE="gmax"][QUOTE="Super-Poke-Bros"]Is there absolutely no hope? :( Can you give me a link to how to use the glitch to my advantage? Or was it something that I had to do while actually voting to get both?dalger21

I remember seeing a thread on it a few years ago but can't seem to find it. Might have been the emblem thread that was created back then and how to achieve some of the emblems floating around. Seems to have disappeared now.

You guys are getting way Off Topic. You might want to continue this conversation over in the Emblem Union.

#329 Posted by MariusCojo (96 posts) -

Synthia said we will receive a legendary emblem for joining the chat during EVO 2011,was that only a joke? 'causehaven't received one

#330 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -
i am also missing the Legend Emblem. it has been a week since the event happened, so i can wait a few more days.
#331 Posted by Sidburn19 (4646 posts) -

i am also missing the Legend Emblem. it has been a week since the event happened, so i can wait a few more days.jediknight52501

Synthia said we will receive a legendary emblem for joining the chat during EVO 2011,was that only a joke? 'causehaven't received one

MariusCojo

You can't be missing an emblem that hasn't even been given out yet.

#332 Posted by MariusCojo (96 posts) -

You can't be missing an emblem that hasn't even been given out yet.

Sidburn19

I didn't said i'm missing that emblem, I just want an answer from an admin or Synthia if it's true that we WILL receive it or it was only a joke

#333 Posted by Super-Poke-Bros (1770 posts) -

Now my current missing emblems are:

So I guess providing proof is the way to go...

I'm missing the Super Tweet emblem.

Super Tweet Icon

Edit: I got Super Tweet :D

I'm know now that I do deserve to get Portal Kombat.

Here's proof:

[spoiler]

This is my sent messages archive. The e-mail was sent on the 14th of May. The trivia ended on May 27th. [/spoiler]

I'm not sure what proof I can provide for the Gretaest Game Villian Bouncer...

but I honsetly did vote on everything...
Here's a picture I took during the voting("Uploaded on September 1st, 2010")

...you can't see the picture can you? If the pictures (and many other things currently) are glitchy...I think it's highly likely that the Greatest Game Villian Bouncer glitched up on me too...

#334 Posted by SR71halo (7796 posts) -

I'm still missing my Microsoft E3 2011 emblem, and it's been over two months.

#335 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -

I'm still missing my Microsoft E3 2011 emblem, and it's been over two months.

SR71halo
a lot of people are missing Emblems from E3 and Comic-Con so be patient. i have been waiting on 4 Emblems for quite a while now and i know i will get them some day.
#336 Posted by DCUltrapro (562 posts) -

I didn't get the emblem for sharing the best sidekick voting competition/contest thing on my Facebook, a friend of mine on Gamespot Fuse has it on his news feed after sharing using the facebook button, however I've performed this twice and still not had the icon. Just thought I'd check. I did receive the one you get for voting in the first stage which is why I thought it odd. thanks!

#337 Posted by woonsa (6321 posts) -

I didn't get the emblem for sharing the best sidekick voting competition/contest thing on my Facebook, a friend of mine on Gamespot Fuse has it on his news feed after sharing using the facebook button, however I've performed this twice and still not had the icon. Just thought I'd check. I did receive the one you get for voting in the first stage which is why I thought it odd. thanks!

DCUltrapro
same here
#338 Posted by Super-Poke-Bros (1770 posts) -

[QUOTE="DCUltrapro"]

woonsa

same here

A lot of people have either didn't notice the Facebook "Share" button (not the "Like" button on the main page). It's been glitchy too. but Gs is working on it. Read here.

#339 Posted by woonsa (6321 posts) -

[QUOTE="woonsa"][QUOTE="DCUltrapro"]

Super-Poke-Bros

same here

A lot of people have either didn't notice the Facebook "Share" button (not the "Like" button on the main page). It's been glitchy too. but Gs is working on it. Read here.

Oh yeah, I clicked like not share. Didn't notice :? Oh well
#340 Posted by SQUALL20XX (6062 posts) -

Sidekick Broter_Peer Pressure

Well I've voted for 64 Sidekicks and got the 64 voting emblem minutes later, then shared that I've done so on FB but still without the sharing emblem, here's a pic taken from my FB wall:

FB Sharing

BTW my local time is GMT+3, if someone wanna check the date stamp on GS I've voted and shared at the same time, further details regarding my FB account/email can be given if needed.

This bug reminds me of E3 2011 sharing emblems, I've literally shared every E3 news, previews and staff blogs on FB, but looks like GameSpot couldn't recognize that I've shared these.

To be connected with FB you need to accept the GameSpot application on FB, so that you can share directly on it, the problem could be that GameSpot isn't able to recognize that we have shared, or it might be coming from FB sharing feedback, either ways this issue have to be solved or GameSpot will never knew that we are sharing, this bug occurred with few users while sharing the Sidekick voting, but with E3 those were a lot of users.

Bronze FB_Silver FB_Gold FB

It's been a while since those were declared bugged, but until now we haven't heard anything official regarding them, it's like GameSpot staff are secretly working to fix them, but without any official statement no one knows what's happening behind the scenes.

#341 Posted by gbrading (8057 posts) -

Well I've voted for 64 Sidekicks and got the 64 voting emblem minutes later, then shared that I've done so on FB but still without the sharing emblemSQUALL20XX

Yeah I'm in the same boat as Squall concerning the Facebook emblem. I likewise shared a lot of things at E3 on Facebook and never got that emblem either. But then again, I have learnt from experience that they are such fickle things. :(

#342 Posted by Sidburn19 (4646 posts) -

I know the answer is probably no, but is the Outlier emblem ever coming back?

#343 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -

I know the answer is probably no, but is the Outlier emblem ever coming back?

Sidburn19
No clue. There are a lot of emblems with zero users and a bug report would have to be made to investigate who should have said emblems and the priority would likely be really low to get fixed.
#344 Posted by Daian (1669 posts) -
Hi, i still haven't gotten my achievement for promoting the Greatest sidekick competition on Facebook and Twitter (Greatest Game Sidekick Peer Pressure). Any help pls? PS. I didn't get Greatest Game Sidekick Backup either but it's been less then 24 hours so i'm saying it just as a sidenote for now :P. I'm mentioning it because they're both FB sharing related problems.
#345 Posted by Dan_Lero (7484 posts) -
[QUOTE="Daian"] PS. I didn't get Greatest Game Sidekick Backup either but it's been less then 24 hours so i'm saying it just as a sidenote for now :P. I'm mentioning it because they're both FB sharing related problems.

That particular emblem hasnt been handed out.
#346 Posted by Daian (1669 posts) -
[QUOTE="Dan_Lero"][QUOTE="Daian"] PS. I didn't get Greatest Game Sidekick Backup either but it's been less then 24 hours so i'm saying it just as a sidenote for now :P. I'm mentioning it because they're both FB sharing related problems.

That particular emblem hasnt been handed out.

Well i have that one now but i still don't have the Greatest Game Sidekick Peer Pressure achievement :|
#347 Posted by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -
I'm missing the pirate emblem. There was a post on the 19th and we were supposed to say a pirate-related joke in the comments section. Well, I made my joke, and while I admit it was crap, I'm not sure why I didn't get the emblem. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6335427/daily-report-talk-like-a-pirate-day
#348 Posted by Dan_Lero (7484 posts) -
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]I'm missing the pirate emblem. There was a post on the 19th and we were supposed to say a pirate-related joke in the comments section. Well, I made my joke, and while I admit it was crap, I'm not sure why I didn't get the emblem. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6335427/daily-report-talk-like-a-pirate-day

It's not even been given out yet, patience is a virtue.
#349 Posted by Darthkaiser (12447 posts) -
Hey there people from Tech Support Well my case is I shared my Greatest Game Sidekick bracket on FB on day one but I'm missing that one emblem  I was wondering if I had any chance of getting it? If not then that's ok I just figured I would try
#350 Posted by PumpkinBoogie (3366 posts) -
Well I'm mysteriously missing my bracket setup emblem for the All-Time Greatest Sidekick. Up until about week or so ago it was there; but upon checking on my emblems (for something unrelated) I noticed it vanished.