Maybe it's me that is getting old but..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lunaris76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 lunaris76
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Gamespot have always been THE place to be to have news on games. Reviews were always great, accurate and we could easily see what was hot, what wasnt worth trying, etc.

For years, when I was thinking about buying any game, I would come here first.

But things have changed. Now it's real hard to navigate through this maze of videos, of flashy things that are more or less useless gadgets. You want a list of good PS4 games for exemple? good luck with that. You want infos on a game? better be quite browser-wise

I understand that things changes. That new kids growing up like the flashy thing, see videos and things. But for me, Gamespot WAS THE reference. Simple to use, going to the essential. Easy to search through. But this isnt anymore. We saw it coming last few years, but now it's over. And for me, that is a big loss.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#2 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@lunaris76: If you would like you could probably get more attention to your suggestions if you post them here.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts
@lunaris76 said:

You want a list of good PS4 games for exemple? good luck with that.

Click on Reviews, filter by preferred platform, sort by "score: high to low". Done. How is this difficult?

lunaris76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lunaris76

@TheFlush: PS4 Wasnt really a good exemple it's too new

but how about ps3 for instance? Uncharted 2 comes in top 10... how to see whats actually hot?

You sort them by date? oh yeah you cant do both...

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

@lunaris76 said:

@TheFlush: PS4 Wasnt really a good exemple it's too new

but how about ps3 for instance? Uncharted 2 comes in top 10... how to see whats actually hot?

You sort them by date? oh yeah you cant do both...

By hot you mean recent games that have a high score?
Of course you can't sort on both score and date because that's logically impossible.

However, if you leave the default sort by 'release date' it takes only a single page (which takes mere seconds to scan) to see all the PS3 games released from the beginning of march until now. Though a nice feature would be if they made an extra filter to select your preferred game type, like RPG, shooter, adventure, puzzle game etc.

lunaris76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lunaris76

@TheFlush: They could easily have a sort by ratings during a certain amount of time (last month, last 6 months, last year, etc)

As I said it used to be easy here.

ktseymour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 ktseymour
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

@shadowchronicle:

No he really wont. GS users have been saying this for years, and nothing really changes. Look on the bright side though, GS is still way better then IGN, although IGN did have a good run for a bit.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#8 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@ktseymour: Things can change but if you never suggest it they're not gonna given the chance to change it at all.

It might not change but it's better than saying it won't and post nothing if you really wanted it around.