Lost Account During Transition!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sarcinelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sarcinelli
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Before the transition I used to log in with my email but now it's asking for my username.

I've never paid attention before and don't even know what my username is so I've tried requesting a new password in the hope that the reset email would tell me my information.

To my surprise when I put my email there it says "We couldn't find any account matching this email or username."

Somehow navigating through the "Known Issues & Common Problems" section I managed to receive an email with a link to reset my password but when I try to change it I get a message that says "Your email is not specified".

I hope you guys can help me get my account back I've been a registered user on this site for ages (since 2004 if memory serves) and now I can't even log in anymore! :(

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@sarcinelli said:

Before the transition I used to log in with my email but now it's asking for my username.

I've never paid attention before and don't even know what my username is so I've tried requesting a new password in the hope that the reset email would tell me my information.

To my surprise when I put my email there it says "We couldn't find any account matching this email or username."

Somehow navigating through the "Known Issues & Common Problems" section I managed to receive an email with a link to reset my password but when I try to change it I get a message that says "Your email is not specified".

I hope you guys can help me get my account back I've been a registered user on this site for ages (since 2004 if memory serves) and now I can't even log in anymore! :(

Send me a private message with your email address and I'll look for your account.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#3 rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@sarcinelli said:

Send me your email address in a private message and I'll look for your account.

sarcinelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By sarcinelli

@edgework: Sent. Thanks for looking into this!

LOSTMYACCOUNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 LOSTMYACCOUNT

Were they able to fix your problem? I have the exact same problem. I have sent over 6 emails but no response. Someone on Twitter answered me, so I sent my info in a Direct Message, took a week and 3 more Direct Messages, to get a reply......the answer I got is they are working on it and have no answer for me. Awesome....

NeKryXe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6 NeKryXe
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

i have a similar problem. the weird thing is that i remember my username and my password, but somehow it doesn't work. the weirdest thing is that i was able to login with this older account :\ seems that i lost everything done in the past gamespot.

NeKryXe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NeKryXe

well. i just confirmed that i know my username, my email and my password. looks like my account was deleted :(

JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By JP_
Member since 2007 • 12875 Posts

@lostmyaccount and @NeKryXe:

Send edgework a PM with your Email in it and include your account name so that he can look into it :)

~JP
Community Volunteer

NeKryXe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NeKryXe

i'm going to try that. thanks

LOSTMYACCOUNT