Looking for specific games on GameSpot is very slow!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26097 Posts

Before the GameSpot redesign, there was this neat little list that showed every single game for a platform:

It had all the games for a specific console in one place, and all you had to do is click on it and it will take you straight to it's game profile. But you guys removed this!

Now I have to go a bunch of menus and lists to find a game I'm looking for! I liked the old system becouse it took very little time to get to the game you were looking for, but now it takes almost forever.

Is there any change you can add this feature back?

Heretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Heretic
Member since 2002 • 308 Posts

I doubt bringing back that feature would be viable, or even a good idea necessarily.

The system they have now is fine. I think they just need some faster servers/more bandwidth. The site has been a bit sluggish lately, especially during peak hours.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Willy105

I really wanted this to be back becouse when E3 comes along, it's very easy and intuitive to see the new games that have been announced.

Now, you have to see the game when it's on spotlight, when they have new info on it.

Heretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Heretic
Member since 2002 • 308 Posts

Whenever there is an event like E3 or TGS they usually have a page devoted to the event with a list of the new game announcements/pics/trailers.

Look for it during the next event! That's the best way to follow the new games until you decide to add them to your tracked list.

ulillillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 ulillillia
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts
If you know the name of the game and the system, it takes maybe a minute or so to find it.  Just click the "all games" link above, choose the system (Let's say it's for the Gamecube) and click the "find games" button.  Next, click the letter the game name refers to.  For "Super Mario Sunshine", you'd go under "S", then click "browse all results".  Then, click on the title column's "title" text to sort by the game's title.  Finally, keep clicking "next" until you run across the game.  It takes me about 30 seconds to find it doing this.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Willy105

If you know the name of the game and the system, it takes maybe a minute or so to find it.  Just click the "all games" link above, choose the system (Let's say it's for the Gamecube) and click the "find games" button.  Next, click the letter the game name refers to.  For "Super Mario Sunshine", you'd go under "S", then click "browse all results".  Then, click on the title column's "title" text to sort by the game's title.  Finally, keep clicking "next" until you run across the game.  It takes me about 30 seconds to find it doing this.
ulillillia

But for browsing, I want just to click just once, like in that list.

It takes too much time to keep clicking thru different pages and such.

ulillillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 ulillillia
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts
Well, yeah, I do agree.  It took me several seconds to find one game because the list of games isn't paginated.  There's only a "next" and "previous" button instead of "1, 2, 3, 4, ..." to represent the pages.  I usually just use the URL in the address bar to jump multiple pages.  Even then, things could still be faster such as a direct game search as user videos seem to have (as I've done with Super Monkey Ball 2).
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Willy105

I hate pages. I just want one huge list in one page.

Just like they used to have.

rymich13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rymich13
Member since 2006 • 403 Posts
well nothing we can do about it, just hope the someday the admins will take all of our suggestions and make this a fantastic site.
Darkside5675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 Darkside5675
Member since 2007 • 1041 Posts
It's a nice idea. I'd like to see it brought back to.
broojo02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 broojo02
Member since 2005 • 1184 Posts
Thats exactly what I thought when they redesigned. It was great to look at this huge list of games and click on any random one and see how good it was. Those were the good old days.