Lag when clicking anything

#1 Posted by finalstar2007 (26157 posts) -

For some reason ever since yesterday i been experiencing this strange lag that when clicking anything on the site it gives a pretty annoying lag that take about 30 seconds.

so when i click a thread for example the entire website lags and the thread clicked would not open till after 20-30 seconds later.

i find it pretty annoying not sure if im the only one experiencing such lag bug

#2 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Same here. Started happening yesterday.

This goddamn worthless website http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131120001458/elderscrolls/images/f/f0/Facepalm.gif

#3 Posted by super600 (31215 posts) -

I noticed this to. I wonder what is causing this lag.

#4 Posted by johnd13 (8550 posts) -

I can confirm it as well. This is pretty annoying. -_-

#5 Posted by BattleSpectre (7575 posts) -

Aye. I think I know what's causing this lag, someone has been farting in the air-tight server room. This has been causing the servers to lag and give us this delay.

#6 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17650 posts) -

I'm having the same problem since yesterday as well.

#7 Posted by Vitex2003 (25 posts) -

I also have same problem, can't watch any videos at all...

#8 Posted by KamranMackey (25 posts) -

I'm having the same issue as well. Hopefully they fix it.

#9 Posted by yokofox33 (30488 posts) -

It's pretty terrible. Lots of issues with the website recently.

#10 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

Throwing up a Security issue in IE 11 also?

Just shoot the hamster for the love of god!!

He's had a good RUN!

EDIT: There has to be some malicious script running in the background?

#12 Posted by freedom01 (1097 posts) -

got the same problem

#13 Posted by angeldeb82 (1119 posts) -

Me too. I have the same problem since yesterday. Hopefully the mods will fix the lag, and fast!

#14 Edited by RobotOpBuddy (65327 posts) -

At a glance, there are www09.clicktale.net/wr, http://chat.gamespot.com/socket.io/1//{often, but not always, a string of numbers/letters here}/?disconnect=1 and http://chat2.gamespot.com/socket.io/1/?t={long number, possibly varies} scripts that stand out a little around link clicking/page load times

The chat.gamespot.com/socket.io/1///?disconnect one seems to the main one causing the freeze up prior to the page seemingly loading. The clicktale ones are fairly responsive and tend to appear all over the place, usually with no visible effect on performance - most likely just light tracking scripts. The chat2.gamespot.com/socket.io/1/?t= addresses occur a bit after page load, and while the response times are poor they don't appear to be having a particularly noticeable visible effect on the page load times at a glance, likely because other things are being loaded alongside them.

@DigitalDame, @LarkAnderson: chat.gamespot.com/socket.io/1//{often a string here, but not always}/?disconnect addresses on port 9229 appear to be the main cause of this, it's running whenever a choice to move away from a page is made, and delays the leaving of the page, whether that's closing the tab or clicking on a new link. Can't say for sure that particular address is a direct link, nor the only link, to the problem, but it's definitely part of it.

Edit: this appears to be occurring for all browsers, though the delay times vary - most likely depending on how quickly the server responds (or if it responds at all, in some cases).

Edit2: I forgot to mention that because it's the previous page running the script delaying the load of the next, the delay can be sort-of circumvented by opening each new page in a new tab and then closing the current one - this will immediately open the new one, and the previous one will close itself after a while, rather than delaying the opening of the new page.

#15 Edited by tsunami2311 (289 posts) -

I had this issue too since yesterday at first I thought it was another issue with FF 29, but after read this and so many other with the issue, apparently its the websites.

Atlest the random codes all over the webpage in FF is gona now. Black theme on www.gamespot.com still thinks it white even when black is default (only happens on www.gamespot.com) click on the other links like the top news link and black is used correctly

#16 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

It continues to even get worse. If even possible.

Right in time for the big E3 traffic. Some ones trying to tank revenue?

#17 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3866 posts) -

So does this website ever work properly?

#18 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

For fucks sake! just when you think it cant get any worse.

this fucking new redesign, that was supposed to be so much better, is a fucking piece of shit.

id take the old gamespot and its glitches over this shit site anyday.

#19 Posted by finalstar2007 (26157 posts) -

Its now fixed for me.

hope its fixed for everyone else too

#20 Posted by angeldeb82 (1119 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Its now fixed for me.

hope its fixed for everyone else too

Yep. It's fixed for me too.

#21 Posted by tsunami2311 (289 posts) -

looks fixed to me too, They even managed to fix the light/dark theme bug that only happend on www.gamespot.com main page. pretty much what issues i had with the site are now fixed. now if only www.gametrailers.com would fix there videoplayer.