KNOWN ISSUE - Problems Logging In Update

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

Update: Share error message and OS/Browser version.

If you're having a problem logging in, can you share a screenshot of the error message? Also, please share your browser version (IE9, etc) and operating system (WinXP, etc).

JodyR

Started experiencing it as of yesterday.I never logged out but I couldn't log back on,just got reverted back to the previous pxage over and over again,tried like 15 times gave it break,tried another 3 and worked,had the same problem today.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

Thanks, this issue is now on our radar, but I'd be interested to see if anyone else has the problem. :)

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
Not seeing that with Firefox here; existing cookies seem to be working ok. I'd be curious to know what browser this was. Was it IE by any chance? Have you tried clearing all your browser cookies and restarting IE before logging back in? If you're using IE you may need to clear cookies and restart the browser a couple times.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sexyweapons

Thanks, this issue is now on our radar, but I'd be interested to see if anyone else has the problem. :)

JodyR
[QUOTE="gmax"]Not seeing that with Firefox here; existing cookies seem to be working ok. I'd be curious to know what browser this was. Was it IE by any chance? Have you tried clearing all your browser cookies and restarting IE before logging back in? If you're using IE you may need to clear cookies and restart the browser a couple times.

Nope and nope,already tried clearing cookies and I'm using Google Chrome

JodyR
Thanks Jody,this glitch it friggin annoying :x I'll see if I can find anyone else with the glitch and send em over:)
s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5 s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

@JodyR I couldn't login this evening - my password wasn't being accepted - cleared all cookies, cache, restarted browser with no luck - ended up having to reset password, and finally managed to log in again.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JodyR
[QUOTE="s_h_a_d_o"]

@JodyR I couldn't login this evening - my password wasn't being accepted - cleared all cookies, cache, restarted browser with no luck - ended up having to reset password, and finally managed to log in again.

Thanks for confirming the issue. I'll follow-up with them about it now.
zwenti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 zwenti
Member since 2004 • 186 Posts
[QUOTE="s_h_a_d_o"]

Exact the same problem (and solution) here!
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JodyR
We think the problem has been resolved. Are any of you still having problems?
Scalper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Scalper
Member since 2002 • 437 Posts
We think the problem has been resolved. Are any of you still having problems?JodyR
I'm not sure if it was the exact some problem as above but I just could not logon. Said my password was incorrect. I use 1password to save all my passwords so I couldn't of been entering it wrong. I tried chrome and firefox nothing worked. So I reset my password and it finally let me sign in with a new password.
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JodyR
Yeah, I see multiple attempts to login on your account like with other people's accounts that had this problem. Thanks for reporting back, I'll include yours as a recent report with this problem.
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sexyweapons

I'm no longer having any problems,thanks Jody!

DR-ZMBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 DR-ZMBK
Member since 2009 • 95 Posts

I had a problem logging in to the website, so I had to reset my password.

The biggest problem is that this is the third time this has happened to me. I wish this could stop, it is really annoying.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

JodyR
Yes, actually I am. Strangely, it would seem the only browser that I can stay logged into is Chrome. IE, Firefox, Nightly, and even Waterfox (a 64bit variant of FF) all seem to have magically stopped signing me in. And when I do try on any of those browser I get some some sort of signing in error as if GS keeps telling me I've entered the wrong login info, when in fact I know I didn't b/c I been coming here for the past several years w/ virtually the same username/handle and have had no issues. Could this have something to do w/ the website updating that's been taking place?? I mean, though I love Chrome it's very frustrating to only be relegated to using GS on ONE browser......:(
PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

I had a problem logging in to the website, so I had to reset my password.

DR-ZMBK
Apparently, *this* is what it seems like I had to do just to log in from other browsers.....but seriously, I shouldn't even have to had done this (btw, I basically used the same pw I always had b/c there was nothing wrong w/ it to BEGIN WITH) in the first place. If you all are going to be tinkering w/ the website for improvements please take care not to BOINK! it up for us to point where people have to reset passwords, please? :evil:
zwenti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 zwenti
Member since 2004 • 186 Posts

We think the problem has been resolved. Are any of you still having problems?JodyR

Nope, it happened again. Only solution was (again), to restore the password!

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JodyR

Thanks , we'll continue our investigation based on your latest reports.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JodyR

If you're having a problem logging in, can you share a screenshot of the error message? Also, please share your browser version (IE9, etc) and operating system (WinXP, etc).

Sw1tched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Sw1tched
Member since 2002 • 294 Posts

Hi jody,

Keep getting this error. Doesn't matter which of the 3 browsers i use. Chrome, firefox or IE. If i reset my password it logs me in ... if i logout thats it until i change it again! i am on like password 3. been a gamspot member for like 10 years.

Windos 7 64bit

newest firefox and chrome....

also when i try to log in and confirm i am human ... the image with the words to type isn't not shown!

User Login - CAPTCHA Required

Login

There have been multiple unsuccessful login attempts from your current IP address or against the account you are attempting to log in to. In order to prove you are a human, please log in again and enter the text below as requested:

Devil_Spooky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Devil_Spooky
Member since 2004 • 631 Posts

Hi jody,

Keep getting this error. Doesn't matter which of the 3 browsers i use. Chrome, firefox or IE. If i reset my password it logs me in ... if i logout thats it until i change it again! i am on like password 3. been a gamspot member for like 10 years.

Windos 7 64bit

newest firefox and chrome....

also when i try to log in and confirm i am human ... the image with the words to type isn't not shown!

User Login - CAPTCHA Required

Login

There have been multiple unsuccessful login attempts from your current IP address or against the account you are attempting to log in to. In order to prove you are a human, please log in again and enter the text below as requested:

Sw1tched

Just had this exact same problem

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#20 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

I tried to log in and was sent to a "too many failed attempts page.

Here. [spoiler] gs-login.jpg [/spoiler]

-

The 'Enter text as shown' is not loading, in any browser. I had to reset my password.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

^ The same thing happened to me, I had to change my password just access my account again..

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

I've been logged into GS in Chrome for a day or so on Windows 8. Tried to log in to GS in IE 10 and Firefox, but keep getting the captcha message (and the captcha image does not load at all).

The reason I tried logging in with the other browsers is because I can't seem to update my sig in chrome.

I actually installed Firefox just to see if I could log in with that lol.gsfailedlogin.png

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
I've had the problem, and I'm using Firefox. I had to reset my password to login.
Uffpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Uffpy
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I'm having the same issue, also. The captcha doesn't load at all, and I have to reset my password every time I log in :(

Apologies for having made a separate thread about it, I deleted it already, I didn't see this one :(

b10nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 b10nutz
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts

-

The 'Enter text as shown' is not loading, in any browser. I had to reset my password.

Namgis
Had the exact same problem using Firefox 16.0.2 or IE 9, only solution it seems to be reset password. LE: If you logout you have to reset password again, seems that login page has huge problems.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I've been having problems logging in all morning. It seems I can only log in if I change my password each time.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="Namgis"]

-

b10nutz
Had the exact same problem using Firefox 16.0.2 or IE 9, only solution it seems to be reset password. LE: If you logout you have to reset password again, seems that login page has huge problems.

I'm having this exact same problem.
haafie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 haafie
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

Exactly the same here, had to reset the password to be allowed in.

riIpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 riIpas
Member since 2012 • 130 Posts

Exactly the same here, had to reset the password to be allowed in.

haafie
same here
hart704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hart704
Member since 2004 • 2994 Posts
[url=http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/hart704/gamespot-loginfail.jpg] click for larger image[/url] I have the same issue and read others getting the same error on Twitter. I use Firefox 16.0.2. Tried it in Chromium (aka Chrome) version 20 with the same results. Only able to get signed in with the above user's method of resetting the password.
TigerClaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TigerClaw
Member since 2002 • 95 Posts

Same here also, Had to do the Password reset to login too.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

I just had the same problem aswell,exactly the same as everyone else and did the password reset....most odd Mr Holmes.!

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I had to reset my password to log in.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Same problem here.

GhostRider55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GhostRider55
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts

I have the exact same issue. You guys are lucky though, I can't log into my level 21 account because the email I use has been disabled (long time ago). I had to use my other GS account.

Which means I can't reset the password on the old account

lonewolfman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lonewolfman10
Member since 2012 • 528 Posts

Please fix this ASAP guys, my main account at level 70 can't be accessed unless i'm able to log in normally, because for some reason someone is using the same e-mail address as me, and i end up using someone else's account other than my own when i plug in my e-mail address to log in

Please fix this soon!

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

Getting the same thing here :(

I had to reset my password just to log in.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#39 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I'm also having the 'too many sign ins' problem.

This is a serious glitch, GS. Fix ASAP please.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
Same thing happened to me also! I couldn't log in. I had to change my password but had to wait for 15 minutes before I could log in! Please fix this login glitch! :cry:
Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts
Same problem, works on my iphone though You would think that gamespot would have enough sense to hire a better tech team or something, cuz the people thy got now do a horrible job
angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 angeldeb82
Same problem, works on my iphone though You would think that gamespot would have enough sense to hire a better tech team or something, cuz the people thy got now do a horrible jobBane_09
I've been wondering: Does the password change I've used in GameSpot apply to GameFAQs as well? :( If they can't fix the glitchspot login issues before I run out of passwords, then I'm done for. BTW, Bane_09, how did you log onto GameSpot using your iPhone. I've tried using the mobile workaround on this link shown here, but I couldn't find a login button. :(
CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CountBleck12

I had the log in problem again.. :|

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts
[QUOTE="Bane_09"]Same problem, works on my iphone though You would think that gamespot would have enough sense to hire a better tech team or something, cuz the people thy got now do a horrible jobangeldeb82
I've been wondering: Does the password change I've used in GameSpot apply to GameFAQs as well? :( If they can't fix the glitchspot login issues before I run out of passwords, then I'm done for. BTW, Bane_09, how did you log onto GameSpot using your iPhone. I've tried using the mobile workaround on this link shown here, but I couldn't find a login button. :(

I just change the mobile version to the full site and the log in button is where it usually is. And my iphone was already logged in before the glitch. I havent tried logging out on it and logging back in yet
angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 angeldeb82
[QUOTE="angeldeb82"][QUOTE="Bane_09"]Same problem, works on my iphone though You would think that gamespot would have enough sense to hire a better tech team or something, cuz the people thy got now do a horrible jobBane_09

I just change the mobile version to the full site and the log in button is where it usually is. And my iphone was already logged in before the glitch. I havent tried logging out on it and logging back in yet

It figures. But anyway, I'm not logging out OR clearing cookies until the login glitch is fixed. I don't know what happens if I run out of passwords if I try to log back in but get an issue. Should I change one password to the new one and then change back to the old one? :(
CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CountBleck12

It figures. But anyway, I'm not logging out OR clearing cookies until the login glitch is fixed. I don't know what happens if I run out of passwords if I try to log back in but get an issue. Should I change one password to the new one and then change back to the old one? :(angeldeb82
You can stick with the same password actually, I did that.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 angeldeb82

[QUOTE="angeldeb82"]It figures. But anyway, I'm not logging out OR clearing cookies until the login glitch is fixed. I don't know what happens if I run out of passwords if I try to log back in but get an issue. Should I change one password to the new one and then change back to the old one? :(CountBleck12

Thanks. I'll have to try and remember that next time I clear my cookies and try to log back in but get the problem. :)
CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CountBleck12

[QUOTE="CountBleck12"]

[QUOTE="angeldeb82"]It figures. But anyway, I'm not logging out OR clearing cookies until the login glitch is fixed. I don't know what happens if I run out of passwords if I try to log back in but get an issue. Should I change one password to the new one and then change back to the old one? :(angeldeb82

Thanks. I'll have to try and remember that next time I clear my cookies and try to log back in but get the problem. :)

No problem!

stoxos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#49 stoxos
Member since 2004 • 101 Posts

I've been logged into GS in Chrome for a day or so on Windows 8. Tried to log in to GS in IE 10 and Firefox, but keep getting the captcha message (and the captcha image does not load at all).

The reason I tried logging in with the other browsers is because I can't seem to update my sig in chrome.

I actually installed Firefox just to see if I could log in with that lol.gsfailedlogin.png

catfishmoon23

i had the same issue... i reseted my pass and i entered...

The same issue has and a friend of mine that has lost his mail. This is the mail that he uses for the site in order to log in... So he now can't reset the account...

Also he tried to create a new account and he had the same issue with the icon which shows the text you have to write.

Can someone from the admins do somethink about this please?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I have to reset my password constantly to log in.