Known Issue - Paragraph Breaks Not Working in User Reviews

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19375 posts) -

There appears to be a problem in writing paragraphs in user reviews. The paragraph breaks are not being recognized.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the stickies.

#2 Posted by Double_Wide (1985 posts) -

Glad this topic was created! I'm having the same issue with my last review.

#3 Posted by DraugenCP (8469 posts) -
#4 Posted by Zloth2 (857 posts) -

Now see - if I had read this topic before reading the 'read this before posting' topic then I would have saved a post! Ah well. ;)

#5 Posted by hibikino (666 posts) -

I'm having the same issue as well. I tried copying HTML code from my previous review, that didn't work out as well.

#6 Posted by PrpleTrtleBuBum (11 posts) -

This must be an issue for everyone, including me. Really hope GS is working on it.

#7 Posted by GreySeal9 (24005 posts) -

I'm having this issue as well. I wrote up a long review only to have it look like a hot mess when publishe, so I promptly deleted it. Since I saved the text to Word, I'll resubmit when this issue gets sorted out. Knowing GlitchSpot, however, who knows when that will be.

#8 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

I've add this issue to our radar. Thanks!

#9 Posted by KrazzyDJ (459 posts) -

Oh Thank Heavens. I was literalally going nuts playing with the paragraph and break HTML tags. Hopefully this will get rectified soon. Till then, I'll delete my review and post it later !!!

#10 Posted by asian_pride69 (17141 posts) -
Good to know the issue has been notified to the staff. All we can do now is wait :)
#11 Posted by herzalot (955 posts) -
Is there any estimation on how soon this problem is gonna get fixed?
#12 Posted by AQWBlaZer91 (267 posts) -

Hopefully sooner.

#13 Posted by GreySeal9 (24005 posts) -

Hopefully sooner.

AQWBlaZer91

They really need to hurry up.

#14 Posted by Uffpy (23 posts) -

Shame this is happening, I really wanted to post my first review :(

#15 Posted by AQWBlaZer91 (267 posts) -

Yes I had this problem with my Tales of the Abyss Review. I deleted it off my page for now.

#16 Posted by AQWBlaZer91 (267 posts) -

I just hope that it's sometime this week if they are not lazing around or playing something.

#17 Posted by benleslie5 (7731 posts) -

This has happend to me too :(

#18 Posted by Azghouls (678 posts) -
Yeah me too - it somehow added /r/n thingy. I deleted my review though. Whoever is looking at this, if you need more examples, I can repost my messed up review.
#19 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19375 posts) -

Yeah me too - it somehow added /r/n thingy. I deleted my review though. Whoever is looking at this, if you need more examples, I can repost my messed up review.Azghouls

It's been acknowledged by the Staff. You may want to look at the stickies.

#20 Posted by Garrison_Ford (201 posts) -
As of last night 10/16/12, the paragraphs were still not working. Is there an ETA on this fix or a temporary work around?
#21 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19375 posts) -

As of last night 10/16/12, the paragraphs were still not working. Is there an ETA on this fix or a temporary work around?Garrison_Ford

You may not want to ask what cannot be given overnight - or in a week. Or a month. Or half a year.

It's not like the technical staff at GameSpot absolutely knows how this site works - the foundation was laid a long, long time ago by Pete Deemer, Vince Broady and Jon Epstein, and later added onto by ZDNet (and later after that by C-NET). Whoever laid them is now long gone from GameSpot, and I doubt that they managed to pass on whatever they knew to Lark Anderson, Boubou Guiro and current company - and this current company is small, very small indeed.

That, and whatever newfangled thing that CBS puts on their heads.

#22 Posted by Azghouls (678 posts) -
@Garrison_Ford - hiya - I have updated the main thread about this.
#23 Posted by Garrison_Ford (201 posts) -
@Garrison_Ford - hiya - I have updated the main thread about this.Azghouls
Thanks!