Kickin' uP a litte GameSpot DuST.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UnRiders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 UnRiders
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Ok guys, I love gamespot, don't get me wrong... but recently I've become a gamespot plus member and there's a few things that just seem to suck. Upon becoming a gamespot plus member i was offered free magazine subscriptions, where i thought: "Sweet! my benefits as a plusee have started already!" WRONG! I'm from Canada and therefore in-elegible to get a free magazine, much less two. Just recently I tried to play GameSpot's Scavenator, and hopefully score myself a ticked out 360, but again my canadian status left me wanting... what gives guys? Why can't I get some cool GameSpot stuff to show off to all my friends and brag about how much better GameSpot is than the other game review sites out there? I paid for my membership too ya know? I feel the only benefit of a GameSpot plus account is I get to download files faster than non-plus members, who don't care cuz they just get it off Bit-Torrent anyways. 'Nuff said. Could we please just throw the Great White North a bone? Please.

Sticking up for Canadians everywhere, UnRidaz.

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
Even though I'm not Canadian, I support this. Everyone everywhere should get the benefits of a paid service.
UnRiders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UnRiders
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
According to the reply I got in the customer support forum this issue is caused by the trade agreement between the United States and Canada. Therefore I will be contacting my province's MP and the Prime Minister to lobby for a better defenition of what trade is. Thanks all for your support and keep checking back, there may be a petition going up soon.
yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts
Good luck lobbying. Keep us updated. Also, when you do, please do something about the law that does not allowing people to sell the maggots to the fishing supply store; this whole "wild lives belong to the government" thing is preventing my friends from making some extra cash in Canada.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
If it was up to Gamespot, I'm sure they would. Unfortunately it's a legality issue more than anything else. Some states in the US are ineligble as well because of different laws.
cmhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cmhawk
Member since 2003 • 16494 Posts
Even though I'm not Canadian, I support this. Everyone everywhere should get the benefits of a paid service.Ryo_Kensen
agreed - u shud all get the same stuff if ur all paying. or they shud reduce the cost 4 non us peeps
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
True, we outside the US should get the same benefits but law prevents us from these privileges and you can't automatically change the law.
Zeke129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Zeke129
Member since 2003 • 11176 Posts

Can someone explain to me the laws behind this? I've purchased stuff from the US. On other sites, I have even WON stuff from the US.

Is there some law that prohibits only Gamespot from doing this, or do they just not want to cover the duty and shipping... 

Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
I am afraid the law is law. It is unfair to you guys outside the US.
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts

Ok guys, I love gamespot, don't get me wrong... but recently I've become a gamespot plus member and there's a few things that just seem to suck. Upon becoming a gamespot plus member i was offered free magazine subscriptions, where i thought: "Sweet! my benefits as a plusee have started already!" WRONG! I'm from Canada and therefore in-elegible to get a free magazine, much less two. Just recently I tried to play GameSpot's Scavenator, and hopefully score myself a ticked out 360, but again my canadian status left me wanting... what gives guys? Why can't I get some cool GameSpot stuff to show off to all my friends and brag about how much better GameSpot is than the other game review sites out there? I paid for my membership too ya know? I feel the only benefit of a GameSpot plus account is I get to download files faster than non-plus members, who don't care cuz they just get it off Bit-Torrent anyways. 'Nuff said. Could we please just throw the Great White North a bone? Please.

Sticking up for Canadians everywhere, UnRidaz.

UnRiders
I'm canadien too and I wish they did like Us/Canada and some other country I support this