Is there any way to access the full site on mobile, permanently?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

Because the mobile site is absolutely crap. I have used the "request desktop site" on Chrome but most of the time it doesn't work, what's worse os that, the few times it works, I have to do it everytime I visit GSpot. I would really appreciate of anyone could show me a way to do this without getting frustrated.

Most mobile versions of websites allow you to change to the desktop version, usually they have the link at the very bottom of the page, GS has none of these options.

Thanks.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Nah, not unless you jailbreak. This site's coding is shit.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#3 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@nygamespotter: Can you please elaborate on what you find to be "crap" about it? What functions are you running into issues with while using the site via a mobile device?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@digitaldame: to chip in: I'm fine with mobile mostly (but wish there was a WYSIWYG editor), but will the dark theme ever come back? It's a strain on the eyes to have it all white.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Currently when I'm using the mobile site it wont post any posts.

It lets me write them and click post, after that the original threads just loads back up and my post is not there.

To be able to post now I have to use "request desktop version " in my chrome browser.

angerawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -1

#6 angerawr
Member since 2016 • 220 Posts

Hi! Can you let me know what mobile device, OS, and browser you are using? And what type of post are attempting to create? Trying to reproduce it and fix it

Thanks!

PIXEL8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By PIXEL8
Member since 2016 • 203 Posts

@nygamespotter: Yes, there is a way to do it, at least with an iPhone. You'll need a browser with a spoofing option that will let you run it in iPad mode. Then you can view the full site without problems. I prefer Perfect Browser or Puffin. It works great.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nygamespotter

@angerawr said:

Hi! Can you let me know what mobile device, OS, and browser you are using? And what type of post are attempting to create? Trying to reproduce it and fix it

Thanks!

Hello, I'm using an S4 with Android version 4.4 with the latest version of Chrome browser. I also occasionally use other devices such as my Android tablet and iPad.

Simply, I would prefer if everytime I visited the site, it would automatically redirect to the desktop version of the site. I have to do this manually on the Chrome browser by selecting 'Request desktop site' in the Chrome browser menu.

I find myself being increasingly frustrated with the default mobile site, there is a very limited post/reply editor, I cannot zoom out or zoom in of the page whenever I want as there's a general claustrophobic feel to the design. Navigating through the boards, and at times simply going back to the board when viewing a thread can become a hassle as oftentimes I'll be looking for the board link which is at the very bottom of the page. And in general I prefer browsing the PC site on my phone.

I would be really grateful if there was an option to switch between either, at the bottom of the page like many websites have. It would make the browsing experience very convenient for me.

Thanks.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nygamespotter

@digitaldame said:

@nygamespotter: Can you please elaborate on what you find to be "crap" about it? What functions are you running into issues with while using the site via a mobile device?

I've already described my problems but I just really prefer using the desktop site on my phone.

@Blabadon said:

Nah, not unless you jailbreak. This site's coding is shit.

I'm sure there's a way around it.

@MirkoS77 said:

@digitaldame: to chip in: I'm fine with mobile mostly (but wish there was a WYSIWYG editor), but will the dark theme ever come back? It's a strain on the eyes to have it all white.

This was one of my complaints as well. I had to manually switch to the desktop version and change to the dark theme so it would apply to the mob site. Seems a bit odd the mobile site doesn't have a simple button to switch the themes.

@thehig1 said:

Currently when I'm using the mobile site it wont post any posts.

It lets me write them and click post, after that the original threads just loads back up and my post is not there.

To be able to post now I have to use "request desktop version " in my chrome browser.

Although I may not have this problem, it just shows that how much the option to switch would help.

@pixel8 said:

@nygamespotter: Yes, there is a way to do it, at least with an iPhone. You'll need a browser with a spoofing option that will let you run it in iPad mode. Then you can view the full site without problems. I prefer Perfect Browser or Puffin. It works great.

I have already been doing that with Chrome, unfortunately I have to manually enable it for every page. Does the Puffin/Perfect browser have an option to spoof it permanently? I'll look into it anyway, thanks for the suggestion.