Insane suspension glitch.

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
Well i was on level 21 :)
#52 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

It does look like everyone that was mentioned had a suspension around the same week.

So, let me do another test with another moderation tool to see if that's issuing harsher points loss penalties than my admin tool.

EDIT: Nope, the account I tested didn't have any points reduced. So, there is definitely something fishy happening.

As for the other users, i'd need to know what level they were.

JodyR

They still haven't responded to my PM's.I sent kevlar a pm.

#53 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

It does look like everyone that was mentioned had a suspension around the same week.

So, let me do another test with another moderation tool to see if that's issuing harsher points loss penalties than my admin tool.

EDIT: Nope, the account I tested didn't have any points reduced. So, there is definitely something fishy happening.

JodyR

kevlar101 was level 12 or 13 before his suspension, themajormayor was level 34 and pinanclegamingP was I think around level 10 or 11.

#54 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

[QUOTE="JodyR"]

super600

kevlar101 was level 12 or 13 before his suspension, themajormayor was level 34 and pinanclegamingP was I think around level 10 or 11.

Okey, two of them are fixed, but I need to figure out how to get the correct spelling for pinanclegamingP. He's not in our database. :o
#55 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="JodyR"]

JodyR

Okey, two of them are fixed, but I need to figure out how to get the correct spelling for pinanclegamingP. He's not in our database. :o

Here's the name

PinnacleGamingP

AussiePet was recently affected by this bug to.

#56 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

[QUOTE="JodyR"][QUOTE="super600"]

super600

Here's the name

PinnacleGamingP

AussiePet was recently affected by this bug to.

Yeah, I got her earlier today, but had to clear cache on this forum page to have it display.
#59 Posted by caseypayne69 (5390 posts) -
I was lvl 30+ and after a suspension I'm lvl 3. Will this get fixed?
#60 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

I was lvl 30+ and after a suspension I'm lvl 3. Will this get fixed?caseypayne69

I haven't heard about a permanent fix for this glitch yet, but your level will be reversed.

#61 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

Did you test this glitch out on a level 2 or level one account yet JodyR?

#62 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

Zlychop has been recently affected by this glitch.I kept on warning him about the glitch, but he didn't listen.:|

#63 Posted by kitty (114805 posts) -
After looking in a topic here in tech support. This user is experiencing the same glitch http://www.gamespot.com/users/Starshine_M2A2/ I cannot say which level he/she was before the glitch, but I do know for sure that user was not level 3.
#64 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -
I got my first suspension( 2 day suspension) in a year last week and I dropped down from level 30( or 31?) to level 2. When I first saw the level 2 under my username I thought I was just seeing things cause I was high but I see now that I'm not the only one who got pwned by the level glitch. :P
#65 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14470 posts) -

I was suspended for a day, I believe I was somewhere around 15 although I can't really remember.

#66 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

I was suspended for a day, I believe I was somewhere around 15 although I can't really remember.

ReadingRainbow4

From what I came up with from hearing from everyone affected by this glitch and mods/admins this glitch will drop anyone to level 2 if they get suspended,but I don't think this glitch will affect anyone that was suspended when they were level 2.Their has been no mention of a fix yet for this glitch.

#67 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

super600
I cannot reproduce the issue with the tools, so there's something odd about this. I wonder if only mods can replicate the issue. I'll have them help with testing.
#68 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

JodyR

I cannot reproduce the issue with the tools, so there's something odd about this. I wonder if only mods can replicate the issue. I'll have them help with testing.

Would it be a good idea to put out a general warning for this glitch in case more people get suspended and get affected by it.I hope that helps with figuring out this glitch.

#69 Posted by caseypayne69 (5390 posts) -
My lvl is back. Yea!
#70 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

PM'ed a level 2 user that was recently suspended and if he notices any weird changes with his level he will probably PM me back.

#71 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

I noticed in the last couple of days that a couple of users that use to be above level 10 dropped to below level ten.One of these users was above level 20.They probably weren't modded for anything.

Here are two of the users.Sadly I don't have a screenshot of their previous levels before this happened.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/loosingENDS/

http://www.gamespot.com/users/Kevlar101/

More proof that this isn't just losing levels because you were suspended.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/parkurtommo/

Okay people are now gaining an insane amount of levels at once to.

Please grab a screenshot of your previous level and current level to provide proof of this glitch so the tech support people can fix this glitch.Also try to avoid getting suspended until this glitch is fixed.

super600

Yes as you know from my SW post today i've been dropped back to level 3 for some strange reason?

#72 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

I noticed in the last couple of days that a couple of users that use to be above level 10 dropped to below level ten.One of these users was above level 20.They probably weren't modded for anything.

Here are two of the users.Sadly I don't have a screenshot of their previous levels before this happened.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/loosingENDS/

http://www.gamespot.com/users/Kevlar101/

More proof that this isn't just losing levels because you were suspended.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/parkurtommo/

Okay people are now gaining an insane amount of levels at once to.

Please grab a screenshot of your previous level and current level to provide proof of this glitch so the tech support people can fix this glitch.Also try to avoid getting suspended until this glitch is fixed.

me3x12

Yes as you know from my SW post today i've been dropped back to level 3 for some strange reason?

This is why I have been telling people to try to avoid being suspended until this glitch is fixed.An admin will fix your problem.

#73 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

Look at me here... I'm the one who is affected by this glitch too. Fix it up.

#74 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

GamerwillzPS

An admin will fix your problem.Just be patient.

#75 Posted by dab198 (3905 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

super600

We need to know what levels people were. Admins can't do much without that information.
#76 Posted by loosingENDS (11826 posts) -

I have gone from level 22 to level 2

#77 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

dab198

We need to know what levels people were. Admins can't do much without that information.

I don't remember his level.

#78 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

I hope my theory about what this glitch does to users that are at a certain level becomes true.

#79 Posted by dave123321 (34152 posts) -
Got the glitch. Was either at level 43 or 44.
#80 Posted by Horgen (110153 posts) -
44 I believe. I think you now hold the crown for user with most posts at level two Dave. :P
#81 Posted by dave123321 (34152 posts) -
[QUOTE="horgen123"]44 I believe. I think you now hold the crown for user with most posts at level two Dave. :P

\o/
#82 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

I was dropped from LV17 to lv 2 after the suspension, will this be fixed eventually?

#83 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

I was dropped from LV17 to lv 2 after the suspension, will this be fixed eventually?

rjdofu

Do you mean the glitch or your level?

#84 Posted by Horgen (110153 posts) -
Probably his level.
#85 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

super600

How about both :P. You know, in case my level drop again in the future :lol:
#86 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

rjdofu

How about both :P. You know, in case my level drop again in the future :lol:

I have no clue when this glitch will be fixed.JodyR said it may be fixed in the next week or so a couple of days ago.Just avoid doing things that will get you suspended.

#87 Posted by loosingENDS (11826 posts) -

I was level 22 and now i am level 3

Seems Gamespot is not a place to trust anymore, at all

I will spread the word on all forums so people know to avoid it, since it will cheat them on the leveling system

At least they should cancel the whole leveling system altogether if they cant get it right and not make fun of people

#88 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

I will spread the word on all forums so people know to avoid it, since it will cheat them on the leveling system

At least they should cancel the whole leveling system altogether if they cant get it right and not make fun of people

loosingENDS

Your level will be reversed just be patient and stop getting suspended.I wish the admins/mods would provide an update on this glitch because it's starting ot drive me nuts to.

#89 Posted by Jebus213 (8896 posts) -
I was like level 20+ and now I'm level 2.
#90 Posted by Stringerboy (7092 posts) -

And hear I thought it was to stop the trolls from making new threads.

Anyway, this needs to get fixed ASAP.

#91 Posted by loosingENDS (11826 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

super600

Your level will be reversed just be patient and stop getting suspended.I wish the admins/mods would provide an update on this glitch because it's starting ot drive me nuts to.

I wonder if i get suspended one more time what level i will go to, maybe -120 :)

#92 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

I wonder if i get suspended one more time what level i will go to, maybe -120 :)

If tech support doesn't fix that glitch your level will go back to level 2.

#93 Posted by Jebus213 (8896 posts) -
I demand my rank be fixed NAOW!!!!!
#94 Posted by Zlychop (1215 posts) -

Zlychop has been recently affected by this glitch.I kept on warning him about the glitch, but he didn't listen.:|

super600
Hi Super600, can you fix this? Thank you in advance
#95 Posted by kitty (114805 posts) -
[QUOTE="super600"]

Zlychop

I'm afraid Super600 cannot fix this, you will have to wait for a admin to fix it.
#96 Posted by parkurtommo (27251 posts) -
[QUOTE="super600"]

Zlychop

lol
#97 Posted by super600 (30720 posts) -

Lol!I can;t fix this Zlychop.:lol::lol::lol:

#98 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

Lol!I can;t fix this Zlychop.:lol::lol::lol:

super600
This problem was resolved as of yesterday morning. I'll create another topic to allow people to check-in about their profile level.