Insane suspension glitch.

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I noticed in the last couple of days that a couple of users that use to be above level 10 dropped to below level ten.One of these users was above level 20.They probably weren't modded for anything.

Here are two of the users.Sadly I don't have a screenshot of their previous levels before this happened.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/loosingENDS/

http://www.gamespot.com/users/Kevlar101/

More proof that this isn't just losing levels because you were suspended.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/parkurtommo/

Okay people are now gaining an insane amount of levels at once to.

Please grab a screenshot of your previous level and current level to provide proof of this glitch so the tech support people can fix this glitch.Also try to avoid getting suspended until this glitch is fixed.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Perhaps a better way to handle this would have been to PM them, so they would be able to go through Customer Support if necessary. You wouldn't know if they had been moderated anyway.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 super600  Moderator

Perhaps a better way to handle this would have been to PM them, so they would be able to go through Customer Support if necessary. You wouldn't know if they had been moderated anyway.

topsemag55

True, but losing a pile of levels at once is impossible without being suspended for something that is really terrible.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
Well, I know some people are getting awarded points for the level glitch before, but I have noticed an odd mess of levels gone down in some users. I haven't been affected yet, but still.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 super600  Moderator

Well, I know some people are getting awarded points for the level glitch before, but I have noticed an odd mess of levels gone down in some users. I haven't been affected yet, but still.nintendoboy16

People have also had their levels increase by an insane amount.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

The level 1 glitch is very old. It happened to me like two years ago. I was level 1 for like three days until it got fixed(my level was like 32 or something).

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 super600  Moderator

The level 1 glitch is very old. It happened to me like two years ago. I was level 1 for like three days until it got fixed(my level was like 32 or something).

glez13

People also have had their levels increase by an insane amount.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

super600

My guess is some typos point-wise might have been entered, causing the jump upward, like maybe 50,000 was entered instead of 5,000.

However, I have noticed that activities around the website that used to enable you to come near the daily cap aren't being counted. It's appearing as though points have been cut by a third.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#9 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
The admins have the capability of adding exp points if this isn't fixed, which is what I think will happen.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Well, I know some people are getting awarded points for the level glitch before, but I have noticed an odd mess of levels gone down in some users. I haven't been affected yet, but still.super600

Yep I'm one of those who got that insane amount of level increase. Probably a few days ago when my level percentage increased as much as 40% in one day although I didn't do anything but posted in the forums. For someone who's in level 61 that kind of level increase is really fishy :P

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Well, I know some people are getting awarded points for the level glitch before, but I have noticed an odd mess of levels gone down in some users. I haven't been affected yet, but still.riou7

Yep I'm one of those who got that insane amount of level increase. Probably a few days ago when my level percentage increased as much as 40% in one day although I didn't do anything but posted in the forums. For someone who's in level 61 that kind of level increase is really fishy :P

I'm not talking about being rewarded points because of that level frozen glitch if that's what you are talking about.I'm talking about going from like level 63 to 70 in literally a day.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

[QUOTE="riou7"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

super600

I'm not talking about being rewarded points because of that level frozen glitch if that's what you are talking about.I'm talking about going from like level 63 to 70 in literally a day.

Who did that?
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="riou7"] Yep I'm one of those who got that insane amount of level increase. Probably a few days ago when my level percentage increased as much as 40% in one day although I didn't do anything but posted in the forums. For someone who's in level 61 that kind of level increase is really fishy :P

2ndWonder

Who did that?

I heard wanderer5 went from like level 63 to 70 in a day and themajormayor I think went from level 20 to level 35 or something like that in a day and went back to level 2 just recently.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kitty  Moderator

I heard wanderer5 went from like level 63 to 70 in a day and themajormayor I think went from level 20 to level 35 or something like that in a day and went back to level 2 just recently.

super600
I can confirm the information you heard about Wanderer5 is false. I've been hovering around 8 to 12% ahead of him for almost two years now. He is supposed to be at level 70. The leveling system seems to be really messed up atm. I'd tell any and everyone to get a screen cap of their current level. It seems to hit people at random times. In fact I just gained 1% I know for sure that I shouldn't be leveling up at this hour. Leveling takes place around 4am - 7 am pst.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

2ndWonder

I can confirm the information you heard about Wanderer5 is false. I've been hovering around 8 to 12% ahead of him for almost two years now. He is supposed to be at level 70. The leveling system seems to be really messed up atm. I'd tell any and everyone to get a screen cap of their current level. It seems to hit people at random times. In fact I just gained 1% I know for sure that I shouldn't be leveling up at this hour. Leveling takes place around 4am - 7 am pst.

I just noticed I gained a percent in the last hour or two.And this leveling glitch is getting more problamatic.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#16 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I haven't been leveling at all lately. No bonuses either. I've gone up 6% since like... mid June.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 super600  Moderator

I haven't been leveling at all lately. No bonuses either. I've gone up 6% since like... mid June.SolidSnake35

I'm talking about a different glitch.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidSnake35

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]I haven't been leveling at all lately. No bonuses either. I've gone up 6% since like... mid June.super600

It's all the same glitch. It's called GameSpot.
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#19 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]I haven't been leveling at all lately. No bonuses either. I've gone up 6% since like... mid June.super600

I would say the glitches are related and this glitch was supposed to make up for the missing levels but it causes a problem.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]I haven't been leveling at all lately. No bonuses either. I've gone up 6% since like... mid June.SolidSnake35

It's all the same glitch. It's called GameSpot.

Glitchspot you mean.This glitch is kinda related to the level frozen glitch but it's way worse.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]I haven't been leveling at all lately. No bonuses either. I've gone up 6% since like... mid June.shadowchronicle

I would say the glitches are related and this glitch was supposed to make up for the missing levels but it causes a problem.

People have experienced the insane level drop glitch before, but now it has appeared out of nowhere since the tech support people fixed the level frozen glitch.And it's getting worse.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

Here's a rundown on the users that were mentioned with the level decrease; suspensions do drop the levels.

loosingENDS was recently suspended
Kevlar101 currently suspended and he was also suspended mid July.
parkurtommo is currently suspended

You might be seeing an increase because an additiional action or two is finally giving you points for them. Those of you who use the site features will definitely see an improvement on their percentage meter lately which is a good thing! You all deserve the credit! I also believe there's a quicker turn around time to show you the increase. So, if you notice it happening earlier, that's why. We'd like to give you all some hints or tips about how to achieve levels at a later time.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 super600  Moderator

Here's a rundown on the users that were mentioned with the level decrease; suspensions do drop the levels.

loosingENDS was recently suspended
Kevlar101 currently suspended and he was also suspended mid July.
parkurtommo is currently suspended

You might be seeing an increase because an additiional action or two is finally giving you points for them. Those of you who use the site features will definitely see an improvement on their percentage meter lately which is a good thing! You all deserve the credit! I also believe there's a quicker turn around time to show you the increase. So, if you notice it happening earlier, that's why. We'd like to give you all some hints or tips about how to achieve levels at a later time.

JodyR

I never knew you could lose 20+ levels from being suspended.I thought you only lost 2 to 10 levels usually.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JodyR

One of the users had been suspended twice in a few weeks but if I knew their original level I would know if they decreased that much. I'll poke around to see if it's a hiccup or if it's still happening.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JodyR

Yeah, that has to be a hiccup because I just suspended a test account that was level 64 and he went down one level.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 super600  Moderator

Yeah, that has to be a hiccup because I just suspended a test account that was level 64 and he went down one level.

JodyR

Thanks for checking

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

Something I noticed in the last few days is how I am earning a point twice a day. For example, today, I earned a point to reach 13%, but hours latter, I earned another point to reach 14%. I have not seen this leveling behavior before.

tmaclabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 tmaclabi
Member since 2006 • 17109 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Well, I know some people are getting awarded points for the level glitch before, but I have noticed an odd mess of levels gone down in some users. I haven't been affected yet, but still.riou7

Wow I am jealous :o I only got a few percentage increase :cry:
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

So... Any solutions? I was level 28 before getting suspended.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
[QUOTE="tmaclabi"] Wow I am jealous :o I only got a few percentage increase :cry:

I got maybe 4% myself :P
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 parkurtommo
[QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="tmaclabi"] Wow I am jealous :o I only got a few percentage increase :cry:

Yeah well look what happened to me godammit :x
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

JodyR

Me level went down from 22 to 4, so could be a glitch

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="JodyR"]

loosingENDS

Could be? :|

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="tmaclabi"] Wow I am jealous :o I only got a few percentage increase :cry:

Yeah well look what happened to me godammit :x

Excuse me, sir, you have to be level 3 to post here.
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts
I'm leveling up just fine, i hope i get the "insane amount of level" bug :D
dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="JodyR"]

parkurtommo

Well Jody did say it seems to be a hiccup. Hopefully we'll get a solution to this for those affected, as I know it must suck to have been reduced like that.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

dab198

Well Jody did say it seems to be a hiccup. Hopefully we'll get a solution to this for those affected, as I know it must suck to have been reduced like that.

Definitely, 28 might not seem like a lot but I've been levelling up for 3 damn years :P And now that's all gone.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JodyR

parkurtommo
Well, I'll give you level 27. :)
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JodyR

It may very well be that when the suspension was issued, the back end kept suspending again and again, making the level go down. I dont see that in the mod history so I dont really know what happened.

Me level went down from 22 to 4, so could be a glitchloosingENDS
I gave you level 21. Both of you should stay out of trouble and avoid getting suspended. ;)

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 parkurtommo
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"]

JodyR
Well, I'll give you level 27. :)

Thanks, I think that's pretty much spot on considering I got suspended (and there for would probably lose about 80%-90% of a level).
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 super600  Moderator

I will PM everyone else that was suspended so they can get their levels back.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 super600  Moderator

Loosingends level is still glitched.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

[QUOTE="riou7"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

tmaclabi

Wow I am jealous :o I only got a few percentage increase :cry:

Like I said 40% bonus points for someone who's in level 61 is really fishy :P Probably something went wrong when they gave the points to me, but I won't complain :lol:

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 super600  Moderator

Has this glitch been fixed yet.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kitty  Moderator

super600
I say wait for word from Jody as she would be the one to know. =)
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JodyR

super600
Well, I fixed the two you mentioned manually. Are there any others experiencing the problem?
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

JodyR

Well, I fixed the two you mentioned manually. Are there any others experiencing the problem?

themajormayor,kevlar I think stil and pinnanclegamngP

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#48 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts
Same for me i was on level 21 and now im on level 3
AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#49 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts
[QUOTE="super600"]

JodyR

ME ME ME ME ME i am D:
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JodyR

It does look like everyone that was mentioned had a suspension around the same week.

So, let me do another test with another moderation tool to see if that's issuing harsher points loss penalties than my admin tool.

EDIT: Nope, the account I tested didn't have any points reduced. So, there is definitely something fishy happening.

As for the other users, i'd need to know what level they were.