In a thread, what does pressing the flag button do?

#1 Edited by hydralisk86 (8527 posts) -

In a thread, what does pressing the flag button do?

#2 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

By pressing the flag button,you have agreed to help the community banish/excommunicate those pesky, stubborn spammers to another dimension.it once backfired,I felt its effect,but not to the point of being karma-banned.

For other purpose,it's to control the discussion

#3 Posted by hydralisk86 (8527 posts) -

By pressing the flag button,you have agreed to help the community banish/excommunicate those pesky, stubborn spammers to another dimension.it once backfired,I felt its effect,but not to the point of being karma-banned.

For other purpose,it's to control the discussion

In other words, it reports the thread to moderators?

#4 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23258 posts) -

In other words, it reports the thread to moderators?

Just the post you flagged, not the whole thread.

#5 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

@hydralisk86: yes,but the sad part is I'm not one of them myself,if I could earn the part,I am more than happy to be the spam whistleblower

#6 Posted by hydralisk86 (8527 posts) -

@hydralisk86: yes,but the sad part is I'm not one of them myself,if I could earn the part,I am more than happy to be the spam whistleblower

What do you mean? You could just press the flag button on posts that are spam.

#7 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

@crimsonbrute: unless the topic creator made a very nonsensical or illicit post,will that count?

#8 Edited by CrimsonBrute (23258 posts) -
#9 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

@hydralisk86: when you see it,you know what's right,there were huge amount of spam lately,but I don't want this as a 'Heartbleed' situation in which spammers are more often seen and give extra heavy job for the moderators