How to remove signature

#1 Posted by AcidTango (615 posts) -

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times but how do I remove them. By accident I used my profile picture as a signature and I can't seem to remove it. I don't want any signature at all so how do I remove it.

#2 Edited by Glitter (353 posts) -

Go here: http://www.gamespot.com/profile/settings/

What you need looks like this on that page: http://i.imgur.com/Pu8V6w9.png

You won't be able to delete it, only hide it.

#3 Posted by dab198 (3905 posts) -

@glitter said:

You won't be able to delete it, only hide it.

That'll only stop AcidTango seeing it, so not sure how that helps.

#4 Edited by RobotOpBuddy (65108 posts) -

Unfortunately I don't believe there's currently a way for users to remove their own signature images from their signature - only change to a different image. As you made it clear you didn't want a signature at all I've removed it for you, though it may take a little while to disappear everywhere due to caching.

#5 Posted by AcidTango (615 posts) -

@robotopbuddy said:

Unfortunately I don't believe there's currently a way for users to remove their own signature images from their signature - only change to a different image. As you made it clear you didn't want a signature at all I've removed it for you, though it may take a little while to disappear everywhere due to caching.

Ok then. Too bad there isn't a way to remove them ourselves like back then. Hopefully Gamespot will bring back that feature again but still thank you very much for removing it for me.

#6 Edited by DigitalDame (4073 posts) -

Odd, I'm in the back end of your profile and I don't currently see any image attached to your profile. Is this still an issue for you?

#7 Posted by s_h_a_d_o (1295 posts) -

@AcidTango said:

Too bad there isn't a way to remove them ourselves like back then. Hopefully Gamespot will bring back that feature again but still thank you very much for removing it for me.

Adding a signature (or signature image) is a 'feature'... removing it should be a given.

#8 Edited by AcidTango (615 posts) -

@DigitalDame said:

Odd, I'm in the back end of your profile and I don't currently see any image attached to your profile. Is this still an issue for you?

No everything is fine for me now.