Honest thoughts about the website layout

This topic is locked from further discussion.

scott1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 scott1213
Member since 2006 • 1667 Posts

I've always loved the gamespot website layout, but ever since the switch over to this new "mobile phone" style, I've been trying to get used to it.

All I can say is I can't get used to it. It's just not working for me at all. It seems like the all the features that made Gamespot "Gamespot" are gone. The sleek look of the website, returning members, many forum boards, unions, easy navigation. All gone.

I know i'm not the most active user on gamespot but I just thought I'd voice my opinion.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

at least you voiced it in an orderly fashion. many other user usually just rant in a partially illegible post.

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

Its really bad.

Please revert the site back.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By leon2365

I don't think it would be a good idea to revert to the old site. especially considering how many bugs that one had, and how much work has gone into this new layout.

wild10th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By wild10th
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I agree totally. I miss not being able to select news, reviews, and information on an individual system. I used to love picking xbox 360 or ps3 at the top to get the site to show you things tailored to just what's happening with those consoles. Now it feels all mixed in meaning your having to sift through everything to find stuff that interests you. There may be something I'm missing but it's certainly not user friendly. I've recently been avoiding the site and just picking through the gamespot videos on YouTube. For websites I'm going with ign or eurogamer but there not as good as the old gamespot site layout.

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#6 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

Give me back the functionality of the "my collection" section from the old site.

minkbikini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By minkbikini
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I used to come here alot for my gaming news but with the new layout (doesn't load videos on my work computer, barely functions in general), I've been using IGN more. All I see on this bug board is a lot of excuses from the mods about "we are working on it" [translation: go away and quit bothering us]

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By leon2365

or it could mean that they will take a long time to fix it. they said the same thing about "union boards," and 2 months later, they were implemented.

orbit991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 orbit991
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts

Yea, it's not that useful for me at least. Used to be able to look at the top games by platform on the front page, now it's just a handful of all platform games. Also why get rid of the easily browsable upcoming games by week section and replace it with what looks like random games listing?

juantwiy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 juantwiy
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

In my opinion, many usefull features were lost with this layout.

-The option of looking at every game of a console in orde of rating is no longer available.

-Also searching has become more difficult and many unrelated results pop up in the first places.

-When I was looking for games to buy, I usually tend to take a look to the "view similar" option or the "same universe" which also has dissapeared (or at least I cannot find it).

Hope they put them back soon

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

I'm sure many users share the same sentiment as yours, TC (me included).

I WANT THE EMOTICONS BACK!!! :-(