Gamespot website has a issue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demonkingx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By demonkingx5
Member since 2009 • 664 Posts

running a scan on this website with http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/www.gamespot.com/ it shows a problem. i tweeted it to gamespot twitter as well if you want to scan yourself heres the link

http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/

pic of the tweet http://t.co/th37qd65zM

demonkingx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By demonkingx5
Member since 2009 • 664 Posts

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

Although the moderators tend to have a quicker way to reach the staff of GameSpot, we do not deal with technical issues. I believe this thread would be better suited for Bug Reporting & Feedback.

As such, I will move this thread there.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#4 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

I am amused by how Sucuri says that a site has been "hacked" or "infected" by default, regardless of the results. XD

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#5 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

A click tracking page and what appears to be an old or no-longer-live 404 test page that a normal user will never land on? I highly doubt it's a hacking issue to say the least, especially seen as the 'issue' is just a html 500 internal server error for those pages. The nginx apparently being outdated is perhaps the only meaningful thing on there, but I suspect there's a reason for that and the devs are well aware of it already. There's an high likelihood that the html 500s reported are/were temporary and a result of work on the site too.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

Also, those 404 error things are bugging us, as new posts are created mostly by spambots and these errors prevent us from reporting spam! It's been going on for days now! When will they be fixed?

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#7 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

@angeldeb82 said:

Also, those 404 error things are bugging us, as new posts are created mostly by spambots and these errors prevent us from reporting spam! It's been going on for days now! When will they be fixed?

That appears to be fixed now and several of us have been cleaning up the spam threads that have been stuck in the various forums in said 404 state recently.