Gamespot Video does not work for me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

carlssteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 carlssteve
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

While I know I am opening the door to a room full of hate I do prefer to use Internet Explorer and I don't apologize for it, nor do I want to download a new browser just to use the site.

Now that I have that piece of business out of the way here is the issue at hand. When I go to a video on Gamespot I get a picture of where the video is supposed to be. I can click that picture. I can place my underpants on my head and prance about my mancave. I can sneak up on my computer, jump out and scare the -blam!- out of the NSA guy who is watching me. I can even set fire to my house by thinking about various peoples mothers but the problem still remains: I have a picture of the video that gamespot will not let me watch and it is taunting me.

Help me my computer videotards gamespot.

carlssteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By carlssteve

Does anyone know how to make video work on Explorer from this site. I have been here since 1998 and I would hate to leave over something so stupid.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

@carlssteve said:

While I know I am opening the door to a room full of hate I do prefer to use Internet Explorer and I don't apologize for it, nor do I want to download a new browser just to use the site.

Now that I have that piece of business out of the way here is the issue at hand. When I go to a video on Gamespot I get a picture of where the video is supposed to be. I can click that picture. I can place my underpants on my head and prance about my mancave. I can sneak up on my computer, jump out and scare the -blam!- out of the NSA guy who is watching me. I can even set fire to my house by thinking about various peoples mothers but the problem still remains: I have a picture of the video that gamespot will not let me watch and it is taunting me.

Help me my computer videotards gamespot.

videos seem to work fine for me. could you maybe link to a particular video that isn't working for you?

as for the IE thing, don't worry. I use it as well, and it seems that chrome users are the ones having the most problems with this site. not to mention that chrome and firefox users keep complaining about speed issues.

carlssteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 carlssteve

Anything that is not a youtube video is not working.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 leon2365

@carlssteve said:

could you give an example of one? ive been through lots of videos, and they all work fine for me.

carlssteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 carlssteve

Sure. I can no longer watch any of the game review videos.

@leon2365 said:

@carlssteve said:

could you give an example of one? ive been through lots of videos, and they all work fine for me.

... or any other video using gamespots internal video system...

normally I would have gotten the date check in the past but that no longer even shows up as an option.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By leon2365

@

@carlssteve said:

Sure. I can no longer watch any of the game review videos.

@leon2365 said:

@carlssteve said:

... or any other video using gamespots internal video system...

normally I would have gotten the date check in the past but that no longer even shows up as an option.

well I don't know what to say then. all the videos are working fine for me. just keep the thread up, and someone will see it eventually.