Gamespot running slow

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

every time i load a page/thread etc. it takes at least 20 seconds and normally its almost instantaneous, are you guys doing work at the moment ?

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

yea they did some maintenence yesterday that fvcked some things up. some people lost some posts, blogs dissapeared, cant get into your posting history. BONK! server errors. stuff like that.

ive just recently got my blogs back and such.

still cant check my post history, says i havent contributed anything to the forums.

but yea, the site is still sluggish.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

It's actually back and forth. Sometimes it takes faster to load a page, and other times it takes slower, depending on the page.

It may take a little time for our content and tools to get acquainted with their new home. If it persists, let us know the pages you are trying to load and I'll submit a bug.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

It's actually back and forth. Sometimes it takes faster to load a page, and other times it takes slower, depending on the page.

It may take a little time for our content and tools to get acquainted with their new home. If it persists, let us know the pages you are trying to load and I'll submit a bug.

JodyR

my posting history is back now.:P

but ive noticed when switching boards, its noticeably slower than it used to be.

sometimes when clicking topics, posting, or refreshing the page, is also slower.

most of the normal things seem to be sluggish, but thats understandable due to the maintenance.

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
I've been seeing a few slow page loads from time to time. I suspect they were mostly forum threads. What usually happens is the browser page stays white longer than usual; no browser title bar updates or anything. I suppose the page shows up eventually, although I had not really scrutinized these events since I haven't been seeing a lot of them here, so I'm not sure if the page usually shows up or not. Just a few minutes ago I got something new: while trying to load a thread from this forum, I got a mostly white page with a "504 Gateway Time-out" heading and "The server didn't respond in time." under that. I tried to load the page again in another window immediately afterward and it loaded as usual. I didn't get a look at the network activity to see if it really was presented as an HTTP 504. @JodyR: I sent you a PM about another issue that I think is bug worthy, but you can see what you think.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JodyR

I've been getting the "504 Gateway Time-out" error as well. I'll make sure they're aware of it.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I'm getting the server didn't respond glitch, the pages take forever to load the majority of the time and the flooding error appears for me at times whenever I try to edit my post or post in general.

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

ok, thanks for the responses guys

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
Haven't gotten that error in several hours now. It was off and on earlier.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I've been having a few problems with timeouts the last couple days myself...

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gmax  Moderator
I got a 504 on the first thread I tried to look at today, several minutes ago. I had this thread loading at the same time, and it loaded no problem. I tried to open the first thread again, and got another 504. That one took long enough to time out that I just barely got a capture of the response. It's being reported as an actual 504:
HTTP/1.0 504 Gateway Time-out Cache-Control: no-cache Connection: close Content-Type: text/html <html><body><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1> The server didn't respond in time. </body></html>
In case it helps the actual link I was using was this. Edit: I neglected to mention that the thread did load shortly afterward, on the third and fourth attempts.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 super600  Moderator

I also recently had troubles logging into my account, but that seems to be fixed now.

Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
Haven't gotten that error in several hours now. It was off and on earlier.2ndWonder
i am getting all the time for some reason?
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

every time i load a page/thread etc. it takes at least 20 seconds and normally its almost instantaneous, are you guys doing work at the moment ?

MW2ismygame

Its nearly this freakin slow for me 24/7..I hate this place..lol..srs..its painful trying to do anything here. Its the only website I have any issues with at all and its getting so old I hate to even come here..

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

the biggest problem i currently have is that, i can't post more than 1 post within 1 minute, even though it says you can do 2 posts within 1 minute, it doesn't seem like that to me, its taking way too long for me to do a follow-up post, i hope this can be fixed soon because this is way too slow to do any type of posting right now

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

I also recently had troubles logging into my account, but that seems to be fixed now.

super600

That happened to me as well. Felt awful.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

It seems for me that the server speed is inconsistent, as there were times that GameSpot is running fast, other times it is not.

HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HybridKing
Member since 2012 • 8322 Posts

the biggest problem i currently have is that, i can't post more than 1 post within 1 minute, even though it says you can do 2 posts within 1 minute, it doesn't seem like that to me, its taking way too long for me to do a follow-up post, i hope this can be fixed soon because this is way too slow to do any type of posting right now

killerband55
I've been getting that alot myself
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gmax  Moderator
As a small update to the 504 issue, I've now managed to actually capture one beginning-to-end, and it looks like the time out is 60 seconds, almost exactly. The page I was requesting was a daily update page. Those pages may or may not have been a bit on the slow side all along anyway, but they are slow enough currently that the 504s are not all that rare.

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts

hope this gets resolved soon,

also, i seem to be getting this:

Errors: To prevent flooding, no user can post more than 2 messages in a 1 minute period. Please wait and try your post again in 1 minute(s).

way to often today. when i know dang well i've been spacing the post. might be related might not be. all i know is that's it's annoying and kinda ticking me off

hockeydude29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hockeydude29
Member since 2010 • 10991 Posts

hope this gets resolved soon,

also, i seem to be getting this:

Errors: To prevent flooding, no user can post more than 2 messages in a 1 minute period. Please wait and try your post again in 1 minute(s).

way to often today. when i know dang well i've been spacing the post. might be related might not be. all i know is that's it's annoying and kinda ticking me off

Big_Evil666

I've also been getting that a lot. And GS neds to fix tto fix this stuff. I'm thinking of taking a temporary "break" from GS :roll:

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JodyR

Just a quick heads up. This issue seems to mostly happen to me when I'm using the forums. We found the problem with the forums and plan to push a fix tonight. Thanks for your continued patience.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Just a quick heads up. This issue seems to mostly happen to me when I'm using the forums. We found the problem with the forums and plan to push a fix tonight. Thanks for your continued patience.

JodyR

Good to know. Hopefully it gets taken care of soon.

Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts

[QUOTE="JodyR"]

Vari3ty

this would get fixed if Fuse was scrapped and the code was re-written.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

I've been getting the "504 Gateway Time-out" error as well. I'll make sure they're aware of it.

JodyR

I just received a different one, a "502 Bad Gateway", with text "The server returned an invalid or incomplete response."

I got it when I clicked "Forums" at the top of the header to return to the main index.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 killerband55

JodyR

is this including the whole "no user can post more than 2 posts within 1 minute" when it seems like its more like 1 post within 1-2 mins problem?

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="JodyR"]

jediknight52501

this would get fixed if Fuse was scrapped and the code was re-written.

Indeed, Fuse should be scrapped. Do many people actually even use it? Personally I find it to be an annoyance and avoid using it as much as possible.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 super600  Moderator

I'm getting that post one post per minute error like crazy right now.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

super600
I noticed that it happens when you post at the exact same time when another user/s is doing the same. Weird issue is that you actually get pushed forward a minute (according to the forums) and it causes the glitch to happen. Let's say the actual time is 5:09pm. I've noticed that my forum post will say 5:10pm and everyone else's forum post says 5:09pm and then I get the flooding error if I post afterwards. If it occurs again. I'll get a few screen caps to show what I mean.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
This issue is particularly annoying when you're trying to post a in fast-moving topic. When you combine it with being unable to post more than once in a minute it becomes worse than Bonk. All that happened to me last night.
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#31 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
[QUOTE="super600"]

2ndWonder
I noticed that it happens when you post at the exact same time when another user/s is doing the same. Weird issue is that you actually get pushed forward a minute (according to the forums) and it causes the glitch to happen. Let's say the actual time is 5:09pm. I've noticed that my forum post will say 5:10pm and everyone else's forum post says 5:09pm and then I get the flooding error if I post afterwards. If it occurs again. I'll get a few screen caps to show what I mean.

Yeah I started getting that glitch as well except it was first day of that server thing. I also got the 504 thing around 3:00pm pacific time. This site runs really slow, like all the time for me now. I have really fast internet and the site runs really slow, I can't imagine what its like for other people.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 killerband55

its seems like this "2 posts per 1 minute" problem is mainly affecting the unions, as the main forums are doing fine now, so you definitely have to fix this problem on the unions as its still there

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 super600  Moderator

The 2 posts per minute glitch is back.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

The 2 posts per minute glitch is back.

super600
It's not really a glitch, though the way it is behaving now is certainly different than before. It would perhaps be more correct to label it as 2 post per 5 minutes. At least for me that seems to be the thing.
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JodyR

The 504 error seems to have gone away. I'll unsticky this topic for the time being.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 killerband55

The 504 error seems to have gone away. I'll unsticky this topic for the time being.

JodyR

no it hasn't, it's still affecting the unions greatly, it's really annoying

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JodyR

[QUOTE="JodyR"]

killerband55

I haven't encountered this via union. Do you have some you frequent to share?
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 killerband55

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

[QUOTE="JodyR"]

JodyR

yeah, i continuously run into the "No User can post more than 2 times in 1 minutes" but it seems more like 1 post per 1-2 minutes, it's not the way it used to be, can you please look into that and fix it because it's making unions unbearable to deal with currently? trust me when i say this, the problem is still in the unions, i run a major union and i have to experience this everyday since GS did their "maintenance" a few weeks ago

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#39 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

JodyR
Just happened to me trying to view Danny O'Dwyer's profile. The 504 error does seeming to be happening less, but I think I get hit by 408/409 server busy errors instead.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 super600  Moderator

This site has been really slow for me in the last couple of days and it's not my internet connection.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JodyR

[QUOTE="JodyR"][QUOTE="killerband55"]

killerband55

yeah, i continuously run into the "No User can post more than 2 times in 1 minutes" but it seems more like 1 post per 1-2 minutes, it's not the way it used to be, can you please look into that and fix it because it's making unions unbearable to deal with currently? trust me when i say this, the problem is still in the unions, i run a major union and i have to experience this everyday since GS did their "maintenance" a few weeks ago

Creating a new topic for this concern. 1 moment.
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gmax  Moderator
[QUOTE="JodyR"]The 504 error seems to have gone away. I'll unsticky this topic for the time being.dab198
Just happened to me trying to view Danny O'Dwyer's profile. The 504 error does seeming to be happening less, but I think I get hit by 408/409 server busy errors instead.

I just got one trying to load up this. First one I've seen in a while, but I have not been on constantly. The union flooding issue sounds like a problem, any maybe it's related to a more general performance/responsiveness problem since the maintenance, but I'm not sure if there's a more direct tie-in with the 504s specifically. Are there any HTTP errors showing up in conjunction with the flooding errors, or is this thought to be more of a general problem since the maintenance? It's always hard to judge such things objectively, but the site has felt a little slow today. I recommend a grain of salt with that though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Site still seems to be running slow. I've tried two different browsers - IE9 and Firefox. Same issue with both but IE9 is a little slower and main page often won't load with IE9.

DeadrisingX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#44 DeadrisingX1
Member since 2010 • 1850 Posts

This issue seems to be happening only when I try to navigate to any of the pages on Gamespot. However, I have no trouble navigating when I'm on Fuse.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
I have noticed that the site has become incredibly slow and when trying to click on anything related to FUSE, it tends to go to the "OOPS" page which used to be the BONK page. Not sure what's going on with that.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
Whenever I try and load things that take a long time---collections, post history, etc it happens.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts
I still got this several times earlier today.
SavoyPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#48 SavoyPrime
Member since 2003 • 41098 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. Site has been extremely slow for me when loading pages. And that's if I don't get the 504 Gateway Time-out.
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JodyR

I just received word that the slow loading times won't be something they can fix overnight. But, as you can see in Simon's post here, there is hope for change as we are building a new site.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

I wrote about getting the "Bonk! OOPS! Something went wrong." page yesterday when going to the front page of the GameSpot website with of all things, just the Jade Raymond video and link.

With the number of Help Make GameSpot Survey pop-ups that have been showing as of late, here is an idea: Get everything fixed. No one wants to recommend a website with as many technical problems as this one has to anyone else, epsecially when there are other gaming websites that do not have such technical issues.