Gamespot only using half my screen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Keric_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Keric_basic
Member since 2002 • 520 Posts

Is there a way to make this site use my whole monitor screen. As it stands, Gamespot only uses 40% of the screen. The page is shown in the middle of my monitor, with GIANT gray margins on the left and right. All othe websites work fine.

It is really annoying. It makes for a lot of unneccassary scrolling. Expecially in the forums it is a pain to view images. Is there any way to fix this.

Keric_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Keric_basic

A pic to help explain.  Notice the large margins on the left and right.

I have a nice 24" monitor. But Gamepot only uses a portion of it. I need some help. I've tried 3 different browsers, they all have the same problem.

skylerpwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 skylerpwns
Member since 2005 • 627 Posts
It's not a problem with your browser, it's just the way the site was designed. The site isn't coded to stretch out to fit the entire window.
Keric_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Keric_basic
It's not a problem with your browser, it's just the way the site was designed. The site isn't coded to stretch out to fit the entire window.skylerpwns

Ah crap, I was afraid of getting that answer. Well that does suck, it would be nice to have Gamespot in full screen. Would make things easier. Thanks for the reply anyways. I just hate having to scroll so much to view screenshots on the forums, its so lame. Well, maybe we'll see an update one day.
jakeboudville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jakeboudville
Member since 2004 • 90576 Posts
First of all there is a reason it is in the middle.It is meant for monitors that displays all types of resolutions like 800X600, 1024X768, widescreen and so fourth. If they make it larger for higher-res, it would be annoying for users with lower res to scroll left to right.:wink: PS: This isn't a technical problem