GameSpot (Middle East)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheMiddleEast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheMiddleEast
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
So if you take a good look at this link http://www.gamespot.com/misc/worldwide.html You will find that gamestop is serving the "worldwide gaming community" EXCEPT Middle East. Why? That's the question that brought me here! Why you guys don't launch a Middle East version? The Arab's gaming community is going bigger and bigger. IGN Middle East is already there, but the contents that the site delivering are poor and almost nothing. Why you guys don't launch a Middle East version when almost everyone in this region loves gamestop?
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
It's not just the Middle East - there isn't a GS Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, India, Brazil, Russia and I could go on. Why this is the case is as you said: coverage wouldn't be great, so if it's not going to be done properly, then it shouldn't be done at all. It would be impossible to have a GS of every country so instead they keep to what's feasible.
TheMiddleEast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TheMiddleEast
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
It's not just the Middle East - there isn't a GS Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, India, Brazil, Russia and I could go on. Why this is the case is as you said: coverage wouldn't be great, so if it's not going to be done properly, then it shouldn't be done at all. It would be impossible to have a GS of every country so instead they keep to what's feasible.michaelP4
I really wanna see this happening, everybody trying to move to Middle East now, I mean look at Electronic Arts, Ubisoft and most recent Konami, They'll in process to localize more games for the region, because we have more than 1 Million gamers here. and YES, It's feels bad when you see all these EU countries doesn't have their own GS, but they can survive more longer as they can speak, read and wright English as a second language. here in Middle East, is a way different. Arabic is the only language that the Middle Eastern people can speak, and there's a few people speak English. IGN Middle East can't keep up with privet sector's contents here (Arabic Gaming Websites), because most of the IGN ME's editorial team is unprofessional. they can't even review a game by their own. instead. they translate U.S Middle East's reviews, with awful translation! if you can read the community comments there, you'll notice that everyone is complaining and want Gamespot to support Arabic language as they trust this awesome site in terms of games reviews. michaelP4, Thank you for the reply by the way and Sorry for the miss-spilling or any mistake. I still working on my English!