Games I'm following concern/complaint

This topic is locked from further discussion.

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 0

#1 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

I like the new "stacks" feature. I'm glad that most of my previous content simply moved into the stacks; however, I am upset that one of the default stacks is not "games I'm following." My previous following list was fairly large, so it would be nice if they just appeared as a default stack. I understand that those games can be found in the following section, but the organization there is a mess with very little info.

ElusiveOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ElusiveOne
Member since 2002 • 101 Posts

I second that opinion. I also used the "games I'm following" as a way to track games I hadn't already purchased or just series I really enjoyed. Now the new list doesn't even have a way to stop following games or move them to another stack, which the old site had. I'm a bit bummed by this - looks like I'll have to track down my favorites individually and restack them :(

Otherwise I think the new design has positive updates but losing functionality is disheartening.

wolf503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 269

#3  Edited By wolf503
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts

Oh shit, I just noticed that the games I'm following thing is gone. wtf gamespot? Now how am I meant to keep up with specific game information. I won't use "Games I want" as wanting a game is different from following it for information up to it's release.

EDIT: I've noticed games still have the option to be followed. Going to fiddle around a bit more. -.-

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 beutlich99

@ElusiveOne said:

I second that opinion. I also used the "games I'm following" as a way to track games I hadn't already purchased or just series I really enjoyed. Now the new list doesn't even have a way to stop following games or move them to another stack, which the old site had. I'm a bit bummed by this - looks like I'll have to track down my favorites individually and restack them :(

Otherwise I think the new design has positive updates but losing functionality is disheartening.

I thought about going through my following list and adding them individually to a custom stack, but I'm hesitant to do that at the moment, because I am really hoping that GS just fixes my/our concern and does an import/transfer/whatever you call it.

Zandri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -5

#5 Zandri
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

I'm not even able to find the list of what I'm following! I like to new, clean look to the site, but it is definitely less responsive and a little too scattered for me, compared to how used to the old site I was. Can anyone direct this poor, less-than-intelligent lad to the following section?

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6  Edited By dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

@Zandri said:

Can anyone direct this poor, less-than-intelligent lad to the following section?

Yours will be here, combined with any users you're following. Filter by 'Objects' to see only games.

Zandri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -5

#7 Zandri
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

@dab198 said:

@Zandri said:

Can anyone direct this poor, less-than-intelligent lad to the following section?

Yours will be here, combined with any users you're following. Filter by 'Objects' to see only games.

Aaaaah, I see, how complicated! Why not "Games" instead of "Objects"? Awkward, but thank you for the guidance nonetheless.

Makana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Makana
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Is anyone still receiving updates by email for games on their Following list? Or anywhere? I'm not even seeing tracked updates in what I think is my GameSpot "feed" page.

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 beutlich99

@Makana said:

Is anyone still receiving updates by email for games on their Following list? Or anywhere? I'm not even seeing tracked updates in what I think is my GameSpot "feed" page.

No. My feed has been silent.