GAME SPOT PROMISED $25 membership and raises rates without telling customers.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NBKDethRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NBKDethRok
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts

Dear Game Spot,

I have cancelled my subscription with you. I see you raised our rates in December and didn't bother to email your customers.

Par for the course. You guys were always unprofessional about your crappy servers and now you just steal money from your LONG-TIME CUSTOMERS? Yeah yeah, I read the TOS, where it says " Until you cancel your subscription, we will renew it automatically, and we will charge your credit card each year or each month (depending on the subscription term that you selected when you registered) for the price of a then-current annual or monthly subscription (depending on the subscription term that you selected when you registered). " I'll bet this little tidbit was added to the TOS sometime last year because I never remember anything saying when I gave you permission to charge my credit card $25 bucks, NOT $40 you thiefs. I just noticed this little discrepency in my on-line banking and PISSED OFF doesnt even begin to describe how I feel about being lied to and stolen from.

When I signed up I was told I would be given a special rate for being one of the FIRST to sign up. We were also told we would be keeping that rate for the duration of our membership. LIE. Keep my money you sons of *****s. You just lost a LOOOOOOOONG TIME CUSTOMER. LOL

UP YOUR'S GAME SPOT.

Ben Shader

NBKDethRok

FreyarHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 FreyarHunter
Member since 2003 • 2098 Posts
Have you actually tried to get this sorted before going on this rampage? I don't see much activity on this account either. When did you start your subscription?
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
This forum is for Tech Support, not Customer Support. http://www.gamespot.com/support
SamP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SamP
Member since 2002 • 1602 Posts
For the record, we did send out notices about the price change and the auto-renewal policy is long-standing.