For Sale Section on Gamespot?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

So I was just thinking today, since most forums have one, should GameSpot dedicate a board specifically as a "For Sale" section for members to be able to sell items they may no longer want. Like for us PC gamers, graphics cards, peripherals etc.?

This could be a great idea, or a disastrous one lol. Just some food for thought and my 2 cents.

I've seen quite a few people on GameSpot wanting to sell an item of theirs but don't know what to use, this could be a great idea and an alternative to some sites like eBay and so forth. Especially if people are local.

So what are your thoughts? Would this idea float or just sink like the Titanic...

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@BattleSpectre: I've often wished for this too. There would need to be localities for it to work Uk, us and so on and either a minimum post count to take part or minimum time served.

It could cause a headache for Gamespot though with some stupid people saying things like " I bought this from Gamespot and it's crap, they suck!"

Be nice if it was considered but the devs already have their plates full. :(

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint said:

@BattleSpectre: I've often wished for this too. There would need to be localities for it to work Uk, us and so on and either a minimum post count to take part or minimum time served.

It could cause a headache for Gamespot though with some stupid people saying things like " I bought this from Gamespot and it's crap, they suck!"

If they did it kind of like gumtree where its the buyer and sellers responsibility it wouldnt be so bad.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BattleSpectre
@adders99 said:

@klunt_bumskrint said:

If they did it kind of like gumtree where its the buyer and sellers responsibility it wouldnt be so bad.

Yeah absolutely. I think it could work if Gamespot make it clear to everyone that they don't take any responsibility for what is being bought or sold, and that it's buyers beware. If they could find a way for this to work, it'd be amazing.

I've got to know and trust a few people on here and I'd much rather buy off some of you than risk it with a complete random on eBay or Gumtree.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#5 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

We once had a service where gamers were able to sell their games and buy games from other games, it didn't work out very well. I don't think there are any plans to do this in the near future.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre

@DigitalDame said:

We once had a service where gamers were able to sell their games and buy games from other games, it didn't work out very well. I don't think there are any plans to do this in the near future.

You have a cold, cold heart batman.