Final Update about E3 2010 Achievements

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts
UPDATE: Read the last post in this thread for an update. All users who were tracked received the emblem as intended.
==========================================
THIS IS NOT A REPORTING THREAD. READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING YOUR COMMENTS.
THIS IS NOT A REPORTING THREAD. READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING YOUR COMMENTS.

Hello there! Thanks for your patience. We had a back up plan routine in place where the e3 emblems tracked users properly (which happened as expected), but the data is stored somewhere and our technical staff needs to take a moment to pull usernames. I would consider this an automated emblem due to the fact that the emblems were granted automatically when the tool was working properly, therefore, there will be no reporting thread for any of this year's E3 emblems this year.
From what I am told there was some internal confusion about how the Night Owl, Roadie, and Vacationer emblems were handed out, and so if you received them but lost your Early Worm, Groupie, or Tourist emblems, this will be corrected. Sorry to cause any panic with this!

Upon receiving your missing emblem
You are welcome to post that you received your emblem in this thread but celebrations posts are also welcome in the emblem union reporting thread.

Debates of any kind will not be supported
This thread is for your comments, but reporting will not be accepted. Your post may be edited or deleted by an admin or moderator if anyone is reporting an emblem missing and are debating. You are welcome to use the Site Enhancement Feedback board if you have feedback.
Just-Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Just-Adam
Member since 2009 • 597 Posts

" our technical staff needs to take a moment to pull usernames "

What does a 'moment' roughly mean so I know when to stop holding my breathand accept that I'm not getting the emblems I thought I earned ?

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

" our technical staff needs to take a moment to pull usernames "

What does a 'moment' roughly mean so I know when to stop holding my breathand accept that I'm not getting the emblems I thought I earned ?

Just-Adam
Unfortunately, there is no ETA. It is going to take a while. There are a lot of users.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Unfortunately, there is no ETA. It is going to take a while. There are a lot of users.Dracula68
"A while" meaning a similar time frame as last year?
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dracula68
[QUOTE="Dracula68"]Unfortunately, there is no ETA. It is going to take a while. There are a lot of users.scorch-62
"A while" meaning a similar time frame as last year?

Hopefully!
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

So, what thread should we use to report missing E3 emblems? :P

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dracula68

So, what thread should we use to report missing E3 emblems? :P

789shadow
None! :) I did say there was not supposed to be one this year way before E3:P
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

So for now we just wait?

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

So, are the Night Owl and Special Agent emblems covered by this back-up plan?

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#11 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

So for now we just wait?

sonictrainer

Yep. That's really all you can do at this point.

matastig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 matastig
Member since 2009 • 1062 Posts

Thank you guys for the delicious Emblems , i lost 3 Emblems earlier but it's all back now.

3 sleepless nights but it's totally worth it55

Thanks again555

Starkzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Starkzard
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

If I'm understading this correctly, does it means that I will get my missing emblems sometime near in the future?

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts

If I'm understading this correctly, does it means that I will get my missing emblems sometime near in the future?

Starkzard
If you initially had the emblem, then all of a sudden lost it, then you will get it back soon enough ;)
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JodyR
[QUOTE="Starkzard"]

chicknfeet
If you initially had the emblem, then all of a sudden lost it, then you will get it back soon enough ;)

yep! I was just notified that it was fixed for that problem.
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

So this is just a note on the emblems that disapeared from our profiles, and from what I can tell have returned, and has nothing to do with people that are missing ones?

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

So this is just a note on the emblems that disapeared from our profiles, and from what I can tell have returned, and has nothing to do with people that are missing ones?

icytower

Indeed I am a little unclear as to the purpose of this thread as well. What of those who should have received emblems but never did? We were told to start reporting them on Tuesday and yet I come back and only see this thread that apparently is only for those that had some initially and lost them. So are those that never received our happy emblems just to wait until further notice as they say?

Devil_Spooky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Devil_Spooky
Member since 2004 • 631 Posts

What about the TOTS emblems? Because you guys had problems with the live feeds lots of people didn't receive they're emblems, even though they where there...

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
[QUOTE="icytower"]So this is just a note on the emblems that disapeared from our profiles, and from what I can tell have returned, and has nothing to do with people that are missing ones?Lord_Daemon
Indeed I am a little unclear as to the purpose of this thread as well. What of those who should have received emblems but never did? We were told to start reporting them on Tuesday and yet I come back and only see this thread that apparently is only for those that had some initially and lost them. So are those that never received our happy emblems just to wait until further notice as they say?

The purpose of this thread is not to report anything. This thread is simply saying that the system had a hiccup (as usual) and that everyone shouldn't worry about missing emblems. They have all of the names of the people who need each emblem and are handling the situation manually. Judging from the way drac answered my question, I would assume that it would be about a week before everyone is taken care of.
halBU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 halBU
Member since 2002 • 436 Posts

Edit: I was very confused about the meaning of Jody's statement, but I think I'll just wait a week or so to see if it gets fixed or not.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dracula68

Edit: I was very confused about the meaning of Jody's statement, but I think I'll just wait a week or so to see if it gets fixed or not.

halBU
Feedback would go to the Site Enhancement & Feedback forum.
Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
[QUOTE="Lord_Daemon"][QUOTE="icytower"]So this is just a note on the emblems that disapeared from our profiles, and from what I can tell have returned, and has nothing to do with people that are missing ones?scorch-62

The purpose of this thread is not to report anything. This thread is simply saying that the system had a hiccup (as usual) and that everyone shouldn't worry about missing emblems. They have all of the names of the people who need each emblem and are handling the situation manually. Judging from the way drac answered my question, I would assume that it would be about a week before everyone is taken care of.

thanks i was a little confused to.
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nightmare-_-
Member since 2006 • 17420 Posts

okay but what if we STILL didn't have it :P after 2 weeks..

ClayMeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ClayMeow
Member since 2004 • 3697 Posts

First, I'd like to thank you for providing us with an update on the situation. One of the toughest parts is being left in the dark, so at least now we have an idea of what's going on. I will say, however, that I'm a little worried about the whole "there will be not reporting this year" business though. Not that I don't have faith in you guys, but automated systems aren't perfect (as has already been seen). But I guess we'll wait and see how things go.

Any chance of explaining how the tracking occurred, or is that top secret? I only ask because I'm wondering what the criteria was, and what's being used as "proof"....comment logs, live chat logs, time spent on the page, etc.

xboxaficionado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xboxaficionado
Member since 2005 • 156 Posts

So... looks like it will take another week to get my missing emblems? :( that's not too bad I guess :P, at first I was missing 4 emblems and now I'm just missing the night owl and secret agent. Thank you for your hard work. :)

woonsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 woonsa
Member since 2008 • 6322 Posts
I got my 3 emblems back! Cheers! :D But I kinda wished it didn't push my special agent emblem further down. That's the emblem I'd like to show off in my profile... :(
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chicknfeet

First, I'd like to thank you for providing us with an update on the situation. One of the toughest parts is being left in the dark, so at least now we have an idea of what's going on. I will say, however, that I'm a little worried about the whole "there will be not reporting this year" business though. Not that I don't have faith in you guys, but automated systems aren't perfect (as has already been seen). But I guess we'll wait and see how things go.

Any chance of explaining how the tracking occurred, or is that top secret? I only ask because I'm wondering what the criteria was, and what's being used as "proof"....comment logs, live chat logs, time spent on the page, etc.

ClayMeow

Unfortunately, it is better to rely on an automated system than the honesty of some people. As nice as it would be to have everybody on the honor system and assume everybody will tell the truth about which shows they watched live, it just isn't realistic.

The exact science will most likely not be revealed on how they were able to track everybody. But it has been stated that they had an improved system in comparison to previous years. Even without knowing the exact science, there are programs out there that allow sites to record the IP addresses of who visits what web pages and for how long. So just have some faith that they know what they're doing ;)

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JodyR

Just a heads up everyone who ended up getting confused. The purpose of this thread was to let you know that we wont be having a reporting thread once the technical staff get it situated.

This is not good news for some of you. If you happened to still be missing a couple, maybe once staff fix the problem you'l have them. However, if you do not have them we wont have a reporting thread, as mentioned.

We will be throwing in the towel after the technical staff get it resolved. This year we provided MANY more emblems than ever, to make sure many of you received at least one of the E3 emblems. We will not have a reporting thread because there are 12 emblems this year and that would take too much time and effort to monitor for dishonesty. That's exactly why staff had a back up plan this year just in case some data didn't pull properly with our normal tracking system (which we know can get bumpy w/press conferences), so this additional tracking system helped in this area. If you did not receive all of the emblems properly, maybe it has to do with your browser security settings or a cookie problem.

I still dont have an ETA, unfortunately, but once they have resolved the problem I'll bump this thread with the news.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
NOW I find this, after reporting it in the emblems thread yesterday. :roll:
Dark_Eagle80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dark_Eagle80
Member since 2005 • 3517 Posts
Wow...e3 was great...knew something internally caused emblems not to show...hopefully the techies will correct this to make the users who are waiting for emblems, happy; and know what may need to be done for next years e3, so this might not happen again. Keep up the great work! :)
Avatar image for StingerSplash01
StingerSplash01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StingerSplash01
Member since 2007 • 167 Posts

[QUOTE="ClayMeow"]

chicknfeet

Unfortunately, it is better to rely on an automated system than the honesty of some people. As nice as it would be to have everybody on the honor system and assume everybody will tell the truth about which shows they watched live, it just isn't realistic.

The exact science will most likely not be revealed on how they were able to track everybody. But it has been stated that they had an improved system in comparison to previous years. Even without knowing the exact science, there are programs out there that allow sites to record the IP addresses of who visits what web pages and for how long. So just have some faith that they know what they're doing ;)

This is where my problem lies, I know i should have all of the E3 emblems, however if they are using IPs to determine who was there, they I'll never get them as I watched the day one stuff and sonys pc at my college instead of on my home computer, so the IPs won't match.

ClayMeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ClayMeow
Member since 2004 • 3697 Posts

If you did not receive all of the emblems properly, maybe it has to do with your browser security settings or a cookie problem.

JodyR

Although I don't anticipate a problem, that kind of statement is kind of poor, to put it nicely. I mean, if there are certain security/cookie settings that would block the tracking you employ, that should have been brought to our attention ahead of time, not after the fact. I know most of the feeds didn't work in Firefox with ABP enabled, so I usually switched to IE7 to watch, but I didn't check my settings...all I know is that I saw the video, so that was enough for me. Whether trackers were being blocked, I couldn't tell you. Not to mention, I watched at work, so who knows what could have been blocked by our firewall.

Keeping that in mind, the tracking should be only one method of confirmation - the comments should be the other. I'm actually a programmer that deals with SQL databases all the time, so I know just how easy it would be to pull that kind of data. Even if you don't use SQL, whatever database is used, you'll have username data, timestamps, etc. Yes, you could argue that someone could just connect, post a comment and leave, but you can also easily count the comments, as well as take the timestamp from the first one and the last one to determine whether the person stayed for a decent amount of time. None of this has to be manual - you can easily create a program that queries this data, and if it meets the criteria you set forth, supplies the emblem.

And yes, I realize I could wind up with all my emblems by this time next week and thus none of what I say would technically matter to me, but that's why I'm saying it now and not later - because whether I get my emblems or not, the system isn't even close to perfect, at least not the way you're laying it out.

Eclipse_ShinRa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Eclipse_ShinRa
Member since 2005 • 2549 Posts
I just hope TGS doesn't have the same problems,lol. Sucks how I may not get everything but oh well. They are just badges on your profile that does nothing.
Bishamon_tenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Bishamon_tenno
Member since 2004 • 155 Posts

This is where my problem lies, I know i should have all of the E3 emblems, however if they are using IPs to determine who was there, they I'll never get them as I watched the day one stuff and sonys pc at my college instead of on my home computer, so the IPs won't match.

StingerSplash01
I did watch from two different computers in two different locations, but that doesn't appear to be my problem. I'm fairly certain I just let the Nintendo conference stream right into the Sony Conference (without clicking on the Sony feed separately). I know I did that with the Microsoft conference; I just left the page open and the EA and Ubisoft conferences just started playing when they were live. This might explain why I don't have the Sony conference logo. I probably didn't receive 'credit' for the EA and Ubisoft conferences, either, but I have no way of knowing. It's not really a big deal.
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chicknfeet

StingerSplash01
Again, the exact science most likely wont be revealed. IP tracking is only one option of many. Just realize that if you were in the right place at the right time doing the right thing, you will be rewarded.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Well, I guess this is better than nothing. I'm still missing a couple. It's disappointing.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
I haven't received a single emblem.......
arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

So its possible that we won't get any emblems at all? Because I haven't gotten any...

BlindmanNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 BlindmanNL
Member since 2009 • 188 Posts

Still waiting for 4 emblems...

Profilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Profilia  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 2226 Posts
Well I got my Early Bird emblem back. Hooray! :P Still waiting for the others though. I get a bit more worried every (business) day that goes by without the emblems appearing... @ShootumUP26 -- Reporting missing E3 emblems isn't what this thread is for. It's just for letting you know that the technical staff have to go through a list of usernames to manually assign emblems, which will take quite a while since there are many, many usernames on the list. If you did watch everything, then you should get the emblems. Jody said she would post when the technical staff are finished assigning emblems, so hopefully by then everyone will have gotten them.
vix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 vix
Member since 2003 • 2803 Posts
I got my early bird, groupie, and tourist back. so now i have my 11 e3 emblems. thanks!
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#45 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#46 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts
i didn't get the E3 vote emblems:?The_Last_Ride
The vote emblems aren't available yet. In any case, this is not a reporting thread.
arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

So, is it possible that we won't get any emblems at all? Because I have not gotten a single one.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#48 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]i didn't get the E3 vote emblems:?dab198
The vote emblems aren't available yet. In any case, this is not a reporting thread.

i am sorry, should have read the rules first:)
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 chicknfeet

So, is it possible that we won't get any emblems at all? Because I have not gotten a single one.

arad96
Indeed it's possible. If your name wasn't on the list GS generated, then you might be out of luck. But just be patient. If you were in the right place at the right time doing the right thing, you will be fine :)