Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#101 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@behardy24 said:

Level Rewards. When levels return, have rewards be unlock when hitting a certain level. These are not physical prizes or anything like that, just more flexibly for what the user can do. So say if a user hits level 14, the reward they'll get is the ability to post 3 times in a row instead of 2. Have there be more variety in these rewards too and have them scatter around the levels. This will encourage users to use the site more often. Mods should revoked these rewards if abused though or as an alternate punishment instead of being suspended or ban.

They used to have that, let's see what they can cook up

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#102 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

I'm all for bringing back Ask the Mods. I'll ask @LarkAnderson about it.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#103 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@DigitalDame said:

Any update on whether or not any of the suggestions here are going to be implemented?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@DigitalDame said:

Nice. Thanks much!

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#105  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I would like a GameSpot app for video game consoles.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Please, create a link to "Legacy Platforms" on the main forum page and side tab. If system wars' mods are going to now start locking retro versus threads and post things such as, "...this type of topic belongs in the Legacy Gaming board," then it needs to be given easier access to, because barely anyone knows that it exists due to how hidden it is. On the old Gamespot site, Legacy was one of the main boards, and so out of all the requests, I am unsure as to why this still hasn't happened yet, because Legacy has been asked about multiple times throughout the past year. On the flip side, the "Sports Discussion" board was reinstated immediately after it was requested for last October.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#107 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

Please, create a link to "Legacy Platforms" on the main forum page and side tab. If system wars' mods are going to now start locking retro versus threads and post things such as, "...this type of topic belongs in the Legacy Gaming board," then it needs to be given easier access to, because barely anyone knows that it exists due to how hidden it is. On the old Gamespot site, Legacy was one of the main boards, and so out of all the requests, I am unsure as to why this still hasn't happened yet, because Legacy has been asked about multiple times throughout the past year. On the flip side, the "Sports Discussion" board was reinstated immediately after it was requested for last October.

+1
I didn't even know that board still exists.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#108 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@harry_james_pot said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

+1

I didn't even know that board still exists.

+1

Same here.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 The_Last_Ride

There should be a real discssion wether or not new users to create topics. GGD has been spammed three weekends in a row now where the whole board looks like a spam board

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#110 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

As I recall, Games Discussion was the merger of Primary Games Discussion and Legacy forum threads, and Legacy Platforms is a separately made forum with similarity in name only. I previously discussed older video games as well as their associated consoles on the Legacy forum. After it went away, I noticed users who frequented it go to System Wars, Games Discussion, and console-specific boards. It is not the same.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Behardy24

The ability to delete your own account.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#112  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@harry_james_pot said: Signatures are currently way too limited. We have no control over the text beyond typing it... There's no formatting, no colors, we can't make links, we can't even chose if we want it above or below the image. Implementing even a simple editor for signatures would be a great improvement.+1

Along with this, I feel that 600x125 px is way too small for forum signatures, as is 80x80 for forum avatars. Each getting a bit of a bump would be great, as well as the changes that harry_james_pot had said. Sigs and avatars are what define us on the forums; they make us stand out and give us the chance to personalize our experience within the website. Having that more pronounced with more options would be extremely welcome, if possible.

Like maybe right around 840x175 for the sigs and an even 100x100 for the avatars.

EDIT: See how good that looks when it goes all the way across the message space? Looks like it was meant to be! :P

EDIT 2: I'd post what the avatar size would be like but the picture keeps getting blown up in size. This isn't the first time it's happened to me, either.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

@harry_james_pot said:

@DigitalDame said:

Any update on whether or not any of the suggestions here are going to be implemented?

hmm 8 days and no response, despite staff posting in other threads

pretty much tells us all we need to know... staff dont give a shit about any of this.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#114 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@konvikt_17 said:

hmm 8 days and no response, despite staff posting in other threads

pretty much tells us all we need to know... staff dont give a shit about any of this.

It's been 2 months since this thread started and only 2 - very simple - features have been implemented. I think we should take the hint.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Behardy24

Maybe after there becomes a larger base of users (I should stay if, but I am being optimistic here) and major features return, you could re-add the ability for gamespot user submit guides. I know nowadays the guides that are listed in the "Cheats & Guides" section of every gamespace page are linked from GameFAQ guides, but I think it would be a good way to expand the community here on GameSpot. Having more activities for people to participate in, larges both the dedication and community. Have a separate set of moderators to edit and oversee finished guides, making sure they polished up and not copy and paste. A good way to reward users for submitting a complete guide is by allowing that user(s) to jump one whole level and earn special emblems for writing it. (When levels and emblems return)

This idea is definitely something that should done very later, after other features return. But it is something to think about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#116 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

This is more of a suggestion. Hard code the 500 post limit in the system wars thread like the 5 posts a day cap. There are too many fake account that are creating threads there. Also less work for the mods.

AceSenju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 AceSenju
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

when surfing through the reviews, i did not find much sorting options, like i wanted to see the top games after 2009, but the option for that was not available, so i request to include as much sorting options as possible, thank you

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#118 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

I would like more highlights of good deals offered by digital distributors - but I suppose if I am asking for this, I should already be following those digital distributors in the first place. :/

Also, I am aware that this may lead to some issues, e.g. the perception that GameSpot is shilling for these distributors, or that GameSpot is shilling for them without getting paid (and it should be if it's shilling for them).

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#119  Edited By Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts
@behardy24 said:

The ability to delete your own account.

That can't be done unless you are given a variant of admin access.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@acesenju said:

when surfing through the reviews, i did not find much sorting options, like i wanted to see the top games after 2009, but the option for that was not available, so i request to include as much sorting options as possible, thank you

This.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 digitaldame

@Gamerno6666: We've recently put some code into place that prevents new accounts from spamming boards, this should help new nefarious accounts from creating too much noise in SW.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Behardy24

A comment counter for all users. Similar to the way forum post are counted, I think there should be one for comments as well.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By cannedstingray
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts

Please add the ability to turn off the auto play on videos. I don't know how many times I've tried to read comments only to have the next video just start. It's very annoying. thanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64

An option to block annoying users.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#126 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

How are we doing with the improvements, guys? Fixed any of them yet?

djames216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By djames216
Member since 2002 • 60 Posts

@SigurdJohannsen said:

Please remove the feature that starts a countdown to jump from the current video to the next.

As an old member, I think right now, what annoys me the most, is after watching a video, there's a countdown to the next video. I have no use for it, no interest in it and it has never shown me anything I've ever wanted to see.

It has however taken me away from reading the comments for a video I have just watched. Which is annoying.

So, please remove the feature. Or replace it with a feature, where I actively have to press something to go there.

+1

I also hate that videos autoplay. A good example of this is when I am browsing through the pages of old videos for "Now Playing". Every time I navigate to the next page of videos it starts playing the same video at the top of the page from the beginning again. This is annoying and completely unnecessary. Having video automatically play all the time is also a needless strain on bandwidth for both the site and the end user.

Please disable Autoplay for videos or give users the option of disabling it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 The_Last_Ride

Any ETA on levels?

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Nope :(

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 The_Last_Ride

@klunt_bumskrint said:

@The_Last_Ride: Nope :(

dammit, it's been a year already

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962

@The_Last_Ride: I know, I really want them to come back. It was one of the reasons I stuck around in the beginning.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 The_Last_Ride

@klunt_bumskrint said:

@The_Last_Ride: I know, I really want them to come back. It was one of the reasons I stuck around in the beginning.

i really want them back aswell. I also don't know why GS stopped supporting raptr on the page

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 digitaldame

@The_Last_Ride: A big part of it has to do with the loss of a few of the developers that we had working for the site, we've lost 3 during Q3 alone. I have heard rumblings from higher-ups that there should be more of a focus on user engagement but I won't promise anything specific.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#134  Edited By ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

Bring back console browser support for the videos. They worked well on the Ps3 and WiiU browsers until you nixed it with the site redesign.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 The_Last_Ride

@DigitalDame said:

@The_Last_Ride: A big part of it has to do with the loss of a few of the developers that we had working for the site, we've lost 3 during Q3 alone. I have heard rumblings from higher-ups that there should be more of a focus on user engagement but I won't promise anything specific.

yeah i know you guys lost people. I would just like to hear that it's on its way and at least being discussed.

guydude3412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By guydude3412
Member since 2014 • 305 Posts

I have not been able to change my account picture when I comment. I have tries three times and it always shows the default one I signed up with. Please fix!

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#137 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

Need a quick/easy way to move a game from "following" to "want." If I'm looking at my following games list, I want to be able to select multiple games and then click "move to my wanted stack."

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#138 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

I posted this a few months ago, but since it seems to have been ignored, I'll post it again:

I'd like a proper posting history page (like the one we used to have), with the ability to be automatically taken to your last post (this is essential, and should be fixed, if nothing else).

I come here in bursts of two/three months, seeing if it's improved or if anything has been fixed. Not to be a whiny brat, but as far as I can tell, not much has. I'm sure you're aware of it, but not much has actually changed.

Please fix the issue mentioned above if nothing else. :)

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By cannedstingray
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts

Please let us turn off autoplay on the video player. It makes commenting or reading comments almost impossible. But aside from that, some of us still have data limits. I got up this morning to find that my pc had been playing videos all night because of that f&^%$*g auto play. Please Please Please make this happen

Thank you!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-579f651eab962

@cannedstingray said:

Please let us turn off autoplay on the video player. It makes commenting or reading comments almost impossible. But aside from that, some of us still have data limits. I got up this morning to find that my pc had been playing videos all night because of that f&^%$*g auto play. Please Please Please make this happen

Thank you!

Already there dude. No.48

tsunami2311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 tsunami2311
Member since 2003 • 1798 Posts

HTML 5 Player support, would be great

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 The_Last_Ride

are there any features we can expect to come out before christmas??

spartanx169x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By spartanx169x
Member since 2013 • 2905 Posts

Here is a novel idea, get GS to fix the loading of comments.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts
@The_Last_Ride said:

If we are lucky, the notification system will break a couple more times.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 The_Last_Ride

@konvikt_17 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

If we are lucky, the notification system will break a couple more times.

yeah, probably. But i would like to know if there are some features that we get before christmas

Sharon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Sharon
Member since 2002 • 28 Posts

I want the ability to *not* have the next video automatically play when the one I'm watching finishes. I have kids! Often a video that's fine for them to see is followed immediately by one that's wildly inappropriate. Or I may have a tab up with a video I'm interested in, then booming out of the speakers is audio from the following video which could have anything in it (and often has M-rated language...).

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#147 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Isn't it funny that high school kids are given deadlines for projects, which they MUST make, and then in the real world no one gives a toss? Also, I'm pretty sure a high school kid could fix some of these issues. At least they'd have a try and get a C for effort.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 deactivated-579f651eab962

@spartanx169x: Not as far as I know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Can we please get a block user feature? I am being harassed by an annoying kid in this site.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 deactivated-579f651eab962

Guy's, Ask The Mods is BACK!

Please make sure to read the rules before you post :)