This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BigKayDaddy (275 posts) -
I've noticed that some games take a long time to get a review on this site. Most notably, the PlayStation 2 games, and Nintendo DS games. Does GameSpot have a lack of reviewers lately? Anyways, I've turned to IGN for many reviews now since GameSpot almost always takes so long to get them up now (unless it's a big name title). Is there anything being done to review more games? Or is this a permanent thing we can expect?
#2 Posted by The_Corinthian (42 posts) -
Or some not at all. I'm trying to figure out how you can request a game to be at least listed, in particular Pirates of the Carribean Online.
#3 Posted by spazzx625 (43432 posts) -

Does GameSpot have a lack of reviewers lately? Kunlun

Actually, yes...They lost almost all of their reviewers. They are working with what they have. You can search and find many threads like this one with actual explanations from the staff (usually Kevin-V)

#4 Posted by Kevin-V (5153 posts) -

Or some not at all. I'm trying to figure out how you can request a game to be at least listed, in particular Pirates of the Carribean Online.The_Corinthian

You mean, this game? Sorry you seemed to have trouble finding it. This gamespace has existed for quite some time.

And yes, we are very very short on personnel, due to many highly publicized departures in the last several months. We are gradually becoming more fully staffed, so you should see reviews pick up again shortly. In the face of those shortages, we have continued to focus on quality over quantity. I apologize for the slower pace, and we've got new staff coming on board to help ease the burden on the staff that is still plugging away!