Extended Online Friends List

This topic is locked from further discussion.

langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts
Hiya.

I submitted this idea a while ago when I had the idea of showing people online by the happy face being yellow. Also I had the idea extended to order the friends list by people online (Pic 1&2).

Then on the contacts page you had the order list by last log in or online going down.

I didn't check back what happened to it, but the online yellow faces idea was implemented. So I figured that either this was too difficult to do or it was not considered or forgotten. So I found it again, to see whether this was likable, what ya's think?
mariomaniac92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mariomaniac92
Member since 2006 • 5482 Posts
The yellow face feature that shows when you're online is very glitched. Unless they heavily repair that glitch, I don't think this would be useful. Otherwise it's a pretty good idea.
langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts
I know, it's very glitched. They would need to fix that first.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
I like this idea. It doesn't seem too out of reach, but it has already been said that this system is glitched already so hopefully that gets fixed, at least.
Teivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Teivan
Member since 2005 • 1967 Posts
The yellow face feature that shows when you're online is very glitched. Unless they heavily repair that glitch, I don't think this would be useful. Otherwise it's a pretty good idea.mariomaniac92
Most the time when it appears 'glitched' its really that the user's preference is to not show their online status. Other than that confusion, I'm not aware of any bugs with the online status indicators (with either the smiley face in the profile or the 'online now' in the forums).
mariomaniac92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mariomaniac92
Member since 2006 • 5482 Posts
[QUOTE="mariomaniac92"]The yellow face feature that shows when you're online is very glitched. Unless they heavily repair that glitch, I don't think this would be useful. Otherwise it's a pretty good idea.Teivan
Most the time when it appears 'glitched' its really that the user's preference is to not show their online status. Other than that confusion, I'm not aware of any bugs with the online status indicators (with either the smiley face in the profile or the 'online now' in the forums).

I've talked with other users on AIM while I was off GameSpot. They said it showed my status being online though.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
[QUOTE="Teivan"][QUOTE="mariomaniac92"]The yellow face feature that shows when you're online is very glitched. Unless they heavily repair that glitch, I don't think this would be useful. Otherwise it's a pretty good idea.mariomaniac92

I've talked with other users on AIM while I was off GameSpot. They said it showed my status being online though.

That smiley face will stay lit up for so long. It does not automatically recognize you as not being online.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
[QUOTE="mariomaniac92"][QUOTE="Teivan"][QUOTE="mariomaniac92"]The yellow face feature that shows when you're online is very glitched. Unless they heavily repair that glitch, I don't think this would be useful. Otherwise it's a pretty good idea.LTomlinson21

That smiley face will stay lit up for so long. It does not automatically recognize you as not being online.

Sometimes it says that my alt account is logged in, when I haden't used it in months! :o