Employees increasingly making their profiles private

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlackaliciousX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BlackaliciousX
Member since 2010 • 78 Posts

For example Kevin-V, had one of the better blogs out there, but all of a sudden we as fans have no access to what didn't make the front page cut. I truly miss reading some of his random thoughts from time to time, and there are other authors too following suit.I hope this doesn't come off as if I am a crazy stalker who is demanding every gamespot employee get a twitter and facebook accounts so I can follow their next bowel movement. This is about the on-site profiles with their blogs and passions about new and old video games.

One compromise could be giving gamespot members to follow editiors and be notified when they post an article that is available to the public.

By no means am I demanding this kind of access, nor do I think a company wide policy demanding employees be more interactive with the visitors would be appropriate either. I am simply stating I appreciate all the blogs and extra content that is found on many of the employees' pages and hope whatever drove you to making your profiles private gets resolved.

Lastly, I love most of the new changes to gamespot, and I even feel you found a much better middle ground with the way you do advertisement on your website! The new content is freakin' awesome, and even if it doesn't quite work out I applaud all of your efforts. KEEP IT UP!

TL/DR: great site, great changes, it would be nice if we could subscribe to content producers on the site and see when they post a public article or video.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

I also miss being able to read his blogs, as they are a great example of creative writing. I would imagine he has a very good reason for making his profile private.

Kevin-V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3 Kevin-V
Member since 2006 • 5418 Posts

Actually, it must've been a mistake. When LiveFyre was introduced, we had some weird setting issues that had certain staff members receiving emails from comment threads that had nothing to do with them. I suspect that when it was fixed, the default settings in our profiles were adjusted somehow.

This should be fixed, but if you still have trouble seeing my blog, let me know, and let me know if it affects any other staff blogs.