Emblem Reporting Thread GDC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

If you are wondering why you did not receive an emblem for watching both the GDC unveil of OnLIVE or the special GDC episode, this year's requirements were not only a contribution discussing the unveiling of OnLIVE, it also required you to watch the OnLIVE broadcast.

We wanted to recognize those who willingly discussed and watched the GDC press conference about the technology. As you all know we don't release the requirements on how users will receive the emblems.

It was important for us to recognize our active contributors. OnLIVE is ground breaking news, you were all bound to be excited and talk about; even if it was just a wohooo or nah.

We have made one exception for the requirements of this year's GDC emblem. If you did not receive the emblem for watching the press conference you can still receive it if you discussed the new technology from March 23rd at 11pm (15 mins after the CNET news release)through March 24th at 11:59pm PT in the forums or the news release comments.

How you'll report the msising emblem:

1) Answer one of the following:
What time did the show start? (early birds)
What time did it end? (late owls)
Note: Use your timezone when you post the estimated times (ET, PT, MT, etc). You only need to answer one of these questions depending if you came early or left late.

2) Post the link to the page

3) Post the timestamp w/timezone

4) Additional proof: Not a requirement. If you want to post a screenshot of the page this helps too. A screenshot is not a substitute for the url.

If you didn't discuss this new technology from those time frames, sorry, you've missed out on this one.

Once again, please be reminded that we don't give out the details on what the requirements are to receive the emblems. Being an emblem holder is a privilege, not a right.

Virtually There: Game Developers Conference 2009. For watching GameSpot's live broadcast of the OnLive press conference at GDC 2009 and discussing this new technology in comments or in live chat.

Requirements: Must have 'discussed' and 'watched' the univeil of the new technology, ONLIVE.

UPDATE: The emblem reporting thread for the OnLIVE GDC emblem will close on April 26, 2009 at 10am PT.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JodyR

EXAMPLE

1) [TIME & TIMEZONE]
2) http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?series=on-the-spot&event=on_the_spot20090324
3) Posted Mar 24, 2009 7:16 pm PT
4) Screenshot

Side note: Didnt put the date/time on purpose!

canana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 canana
Member since 2006 • 14796 Posts

1) It started around 2:30am GMT

2) I saw both shows. Special GDC episode and the OnLIVE press conference.

4) Screenshot

I am not sure if I am doing this correctly, but I didn't comment in the Live Feed page, however I was in the Live Chat and I did comment about the new OnLIVE service. Two fellow gamespotters can confirm my presence there. If you want, I can PM you with their usernames.Thanks in advance.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
however I was in the Live Chat canana
But your screenshot shows that you were not in the chat :?
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JodyR

1) It started around 2:30am GMT

2) I saw both shows. Special GDC episode and the OnLIVE press conference.

4) Screenshot

I am not sure if I am doing this correctly, but I didn't comment in the Live Feed page, however I was in the Live Chat and I did comment about the new OnLIVE service. Two fellow gamespotters can confirm my presence there. If you want, I can PM you with their usernames.Thanks in advance.

canana
lol. I checked and for some reason there was a canan instead of canana. I fixed it.
wolves1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 wolves1989
Member since 2005 • 15104 Posts

I watched both the Press conference and the on the spot special LIVE and commented on them both.

1. The press conference was delayed till about 2:20am GMT (stayed up especially :P)

2. http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?series=on-the-spot&event=on_the_spot20090324 & http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/

Posted Mar 25, 2009 10:21 pm GMT

"Im skeptic, but this could be revolutionary"

Posted Mar 25, 2009 11:13 pm GMT

"Weird game :P"

Was my comment on the press conference too late? Thats kinda stingy if it is, cause I stayed up till 2am to watch that show and watched the whole thing! I was too tired to comment at the time, and besides, I was listening and watching the conference!

Thanks

EDIT: I've just read through the first post again...your gonna tell me Ive missed out aren't ya?! That really sucks guys :?

xroguekillax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xroguekillax
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

I watched the OnLive press conference today (couldn't see it live yesterday) I know it started at around 8:30pm CT and ended at around an hour later. http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?series=on-the-spot&event=on_the_spot20090324

I did post a some comments when I watched the show. I have no idea how to post a screenshot of it though

I guess I should've watched live, but I couldn't. Hopefully posting some of what I heard about OnLive during the press conference will be good enough.

After a little bit of talking about OnLive, it was finally shown in action for everyone to see. They started it up (it looked similar to the Xbox 360's opening sequence when you start a game) After that they showed the main menu and explained that you can see what other friends are playing, or you can start a game and play for yourself from the main screen. You select "games" then your taken to a list of games that you have purchased. Select one, and you then play it. During the press conference, they played a little bit of MLB 2K9 and Crysis Wars. They claim that there is no lag, but to be honest, I did notice some input lag, particularly when they were playing Crysis Wars. It looked as though the guy was jumping all around every time he moved the character in game running around on the beach once he got out of the water.

I hope that's enough to prove I watched it. If not, oh well.

EDIT: Here is one of my comments I posted when I watched the show for the first time yesterday afternoon:

Posted Mar 26, 2009 1:14 pm CT

Did anyone else notice the terrible input lag while they were playing Crysis Wars? They're claiming no lag, yet it's evident in their preview of the service.

Better get that problem fixed, or OnLive may not turn out the way they want it to be.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

1- It started at around 10:22 PM EST and ended at 11:25 AM EST.

2-http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?series=on-the-spot&event=on_the_spot20090324 and http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?series=on-the-spot&event=on_the_spot20090325

3-I didn't leave any comments. EDIT:Oh, but I did discuss it multiple times. I can provide links to said discussions and yes, the posts were all made BEFORE this thread was even created.

4-No screenshots. I don't know if this counts as additional proof but, I remember about an hour and a half before the show started, people were having a race for the 1,000th comment in the comments section and near the end of the show, everyone was asking about the price.

jewls555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 jewls555
Member since 2007 • 6906 Posts

I definitely recall being there and participating.

1) I came around 10 minutes late or so, and left when it ended.

2) http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?series=on-the-spot&event=on_the_spot20090324

3)Posted Mar 23, 2009 11:31 pm GMT
"This looks sweet"
Posted March 24, 2009 9:40am GMT
"how much do you think this will cost?"

4) Sorry no screenshots, which is stupid of me because I have quickshot and its really handy for taking screenshots. It was late and I wasn't thinking of that. I definitely did stress to remind myself of the conference even putting it in my electronic planner and what not! I was quite excited.

Thank you Gamespot.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
1) The OnLive press conference started at around 10:15 EST and ended around 11:00 EST. 2) Link 3) Mar 24, 2009 11:12 pm ET I didn't post in the comments section, but I was discussing it on the SW sticky while/after it was going on. Thanks. :)
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#11 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

I watched it, but commented on the OnLive on one of the forum boards.

1. Watched the live conference at around 8:30 CT, I think it ran around one hour.

2. Commented: It's ambitious to say the least, could be a good alternative in a few years. Here on Page 2.

That's all I have on it. Don't worry if it's a big deal, the conference was cool and I'm very intrigued by OnLive, thanks GS for playing it.

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#12 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

i was there for everything, i commented on all the videos i watched after i had watched them. i stayed up all night to watch the onlive presentation and the only thing i did not do was participate in the live chat, purely becuase i was watching the video. its a bit stingy if all i didnt do was this. not everyone wants to chat, i for one was far too interested in watching the video.

aduana69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#13 aduana69
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts

Dear jody if you check my records i have always try to be in this kind of events

came around 5 minutes late or so, and left when it ended.

i new i comment in some vids but its hard to look

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?series=on-the-spot&event=on_the_spot20090324

Thanks and i hope i can get the emblem and if you recall this problem has hapenned before with other events.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
I watched it, but commented on the OnLive on one of the forum boards.btaylor2404

i was there for everything, i commented on all the videos i watched after i had watched them. i stayed up all night to watch the onlive presentation and the only thing i did not do was participate in the live chat, purely becuase i was watching the video. its a bit stingy if all i didnt do was this. not everyone wants to chat, i for one was far too interested in watching the video.

joesh89
You both may want to edit your posts after re-reading the first post in this thread then adding the proper information that was requested as proof.
Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#15 Devvy01
Member since 2006 • 14018 Posts
Good morning/afternoon, went here to watch the streams http://gdc.gamespot.com/ The first stream started early in the morning for me here in Australia (GMT+8 WST), around 2am. The 2nd started around 9am. I have no screenshots but I did post during the event when they showed Lego Batman. Hope that is enough for the emblem. thanks
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

Hello GameSpot, I'm taking this moment to say: I'd really like that GDC emblem :) . I didn't catch the show from the moment it started, but about maybe 10-15 minutes in. The timing was... Well, it was 5ish am here, and my timing zone is... yeah, GMT +3 hours.

nftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nftw
Member since 2007 • 4297 Posts

I watched the live announcement which started at about 10:30 Eastern after some announcements that it was about to begin were broadcast, and then I started or discussed the announcement in at least two union off topic threads.

OT Legionaries

Mar 25, 2009 3:27 pm ET

Did anyone watch the GDC live broadcast last night/this morning? What do you think of the on-demand games?

and also joined the discussion in the off topic thread of The Suikoden Union.

Mar 25, 2009 3:14 pm ET

I thought part of it sounded like a glorified rental site. I mean, it appears that you don't have possession of a game. The pricing will make things a lot clearer, and it sounds awesome for multiplayer games or games that can't be played on low end computers.

and I did my blog entirely about Onlive nftw blog and then I saw the emblem and the description and realized that I would not be getting the emblem. :(

I also watched the On the Spot special. I realize that even though I probably did more discussing than someof the people with the emblem, I likely don't meet the requirements. Oh well I wrote all of this so I will post it anyway. :D At least I got to enjoy the broadcasts and it gave me a reason to do a new blog.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts

Not sure if discussing it on the PS3 forums counts, but I rarely use the comments on live shows.

1) I started watching the stream at about 3 am CET, if I remember correctly the actual show was a good 20+ minutes late though.

2) http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26822675

3) Mar 24, 2009 11:42 pm CET

4) Started watching
Show was on
What you say, OnLIVE man? I wasn't sleeping!

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

Alright I am about to go through and delete any posts that do not follow Jody's advice in the first post. Do NOT post anything other than GDC emblem proof please. It makes it harder to go through this thread. Sure you all may not see the deleted posts but we still do and it is annoying to scroll through all of them. So again, let's all stay on topic and read the first post before posting yourself please. I can't stress that enough!

Edit: I left a few posts that did NOT follow Jody's instruction. You can go back and edit them.

PSFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#37 PSFreak1
Member since 2008 • 674 Posts
1) The OnLive press conference started at around 5:30am KSA (im from kuwait lol) and ended at 6:20KSA (but i think thats from my bandwidth... its really slow here! 2)http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?series=on-the-spot&event=on_the_spot20090324 3)i discussed it in some of the forum... I didnt know that you should comment to get the emblem, its usually just watching the video! :( 4) i dont have any additional info, i mean i can describe wat happened in the press conference, but that doesnt really show cause anyone can watch it now and describe it... but wat i wanna say is that i loved every part of ur live conferences and just hope that you would continue doing them.. Btw KSA is GMT+3
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JodyR
Three more days until this thread closes. Get your emblem reporting on before then.
OnLIVE GDC emblem will close on April 26, 2009 at 10am PT.JodyR
jewls555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 jewls555
Member since 2007 • 6906 Posts
Three more days until this thread closes. Get your emblem reporting on before then. [QUOTE="JodyR"]OnLIVE GDC emblem will close on April 26, 2009 at 10am PT.JodyR

I still have not recieved mine, and I reported it here. Will you all be putting the in the profiles at once, when this is over. Or as you get the reports?
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
[QUOTE="JodyR"]Three more days until this thread closes. Get your emblem reporting on before then. [QUOTE="JodyR"]OnLIVE GDC emblem will close on April 26, 2009 at 10am PT.jewls555

I still have not recieved mine, and I reported it here. Will you all be putting the in the profiles at once, when this is over. Or as you get the reports?

Same here. Did I not meet the criteria?
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JodyR

I'll contact everyone once the thread has been situated.