This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for dallas_cowboys3
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 dallas_cowboys3
Member since 2006 • 5549 Posts
I think there should be emblems for what genres of video games we play most. Like for instance, I have 30 sports games in my collection so I get the sports genre emblem.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
I like that Idea. Tv.com and FilmSpot have Emblems Like that and I dont see how it would hurt GS
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dallas_cowboys3
Thanks.:) I'm glad to have "The Emblem Master" supporting me.:P
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fastesttruck
Im not realy the mater of Emblems, more of a King :P I like most Emblem ideas that people come up with b/c I like to try and find out what is needed to get the Emblem :)
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

We've got console aficionado emblems so I don't see why there couldn't be genre aficionado emblems as well. I like the idea and support it.

TSP99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TSP99
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts

Hello,

I like this Idea.

-TSP99

Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
I like this idea.
cubeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cubeman
Member since 2005 • 4274 Posts
Yeah I support this as well.:wink:
ahmedtantash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ahmedtantash
Member since 2006 • 175 Posts
I like the idea
HydraX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 HydraX7
Member since 2006 • 14821 Posts
nice idea:D
GumbieuK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 GumbieuK
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts
Great idea, i like it :D
tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts
I like it but it has be like the console emblems where you can only get one type of the emblems.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Just because TV.com and Filmspot have emblems like it doesn't mean we should. It's nice to have variety in emblems but that's an emblem that everyone would have (or at least one kind of it). Emblems are supposed to be special achievements.
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dallas_cowboys3
Just because TV.com and Filmspot have emblems like it doesn't mean we should. It's nice to have variety in emblems but that's an emblem that everyone would have (or at least one kind of it). Emblems are supposed to be special achievements. OhhSnap50893
So having a nice amount of certain genre of games in your game collection isn't special? We have the console afficiando emblems which is having 50% or more game in your collection from that console. If that's special then the genres are too.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
Meh, it sounds a little too easy to abuse. Users would just spam their collection with a certain type of games in order to get the emblem.
TXBadBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 TXBadBoy
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts

I dont think thats a valid argument...because users can also just add random games to their collection for the Game Collectors Emblem, and quite a few more as well.

I think that this is a great idea and someone should take notice...but them again Im addicted to these freakin emblems like they are vitual crack. :P  I gotta have more!  Im still a bit ticked that Ive earned 3 emblems but never received them for some reason. :(

-Mike-

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fastesttruck
I like it but it has be like the console emblems where you can only get one type of the emblems.tryagainlater
Why? I tihnk it would be good to have two or 3 to show that you like other things just as much
Just because TV.com and Filmspot have emblems like it doesn't mean we should. It's nice to have variety in emblems but that's an emblem that everyone would have (or at least one kind of it). Emblems are supposed to be special achievements. OhhSnap50893
Having a lot of games is an achievment
Meh, it sounds a little too easy to abuse. Users would just spam their collection with a certain type of games in order to get the emblem.Dutch_Mix
Let me know when you can think of 3 every day Emblems that cant be abused.
tyployt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 tyployt
Member since 2004 • 3545 Posts
Meh, it sounds a little too easy to abuse. Users would just spam their collection with a certain type of games in order to get the emblem.Dutch_Mix
Whenever someone comes up with a new emblem idea, people always say "It will be easily abused". :roll: It's kinda dumb, because almost all of the current emblems can be abused anyway. I fully support this emblem idea. :D
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"]Meh, it sounds a little too easy to abuse. Users would just spam their collection with a certain type of games in order to get the emblem.tyployt
Whenever someone comes up with a new emblem idea, people always say "It will be easily abused". :roll: It's kinda dumb, because almost all of the current emblems can be abused anyway. I fully support this emblem idea. :D

No, they can't.

Gamespot has learned from their mistakes. A majority of the emblems that have been released lately have been for watching live videos feeds of special events, winning contests, or participating in tournaments.
Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#20 Yazu13
Member since 2005 • 5185 Posts
Personally, I see nothing wrong with it, but I don't necessarily support it.
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

[QUOTE="tyployt"][QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"]Meh, it sounds a little too easy to abuse. Users would just spam their collection with a certain type of games in order to get the emblem.Dutch_Mix

No, they can't.

Gamespot has learned from their mistakes. A majority of the emblems that have been released lately have been for watching live videos feeds of special events, winning contests, or participating in tournaments.

Yes recently released emblems have been only live feed, but that is because there is not much left to give out in the way of using the site. If GS was to only give out non abusable emblems then there wouldn't be many given out at all.

Tagger emblem-Abbused probably more then any other emblem
Serious Collector, Old School & Hella Old School-Abused by many
Good Taste, Bad Taste & all other rating related-Abused by many
The list goes on...

Plus, who really cares if people abuse emblems, it's just an emblem and don't give you special privaleges or anything like that. Plus the ones that abuse emblems are usually easy to pick out of the crowd, I know they are for me.

nobodyshero87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nobodyshero87
Member since 2006 • 22210 Posts
I support this idea
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
Nice idea, although I'll probably get a Strategy and FPS emblem while my #1 genre is actually RPG, but I can handle that. :D
tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts
I like this idea, even tho we already have those aficianado emblems. But I still support it :)
mariomaniac92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mariomaniac92
Member since 2006 • 5482 Posts
Dutch is right, guys. GameSpot's learned from their mistakes, and there's no way an emblem like this would be implemented. Every emblem may be abusable--so why even support this idea if you know you're going to abuse it as well? :roll: It's just another excuse to accumulate a bunch of emblems that you haven't fairly earned. :roll: It's not asking for much to just look at a person's game collection on their profile to see what kind of games they play. If you're thinking of this emblem to represent anything a step above, then you can forget it.
tyployt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 tyployt
Member since 2004 • 3545 Posts
No, they can't.

Dutch_Mix
I was talking about the ones that are still available to obtain.
Viennoiserie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Viennoiserie
Member since 2007 • 2205 Posts
This was suggested before, but I guess the staff doesn't like the idea since it's easier to have more games of a certain platform than more games of a certain genre. Plus, there are lots of genres out there, so it would take lots of time to do all the emblems.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
I think more collection emblems are better than a emblem for a live coverage event