Emblem for GameSpot's "Folding Team"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts

As a way to promote a worthy cause and give recognition to those that are helping, please consider making an emblem for the GameSpot Folding Team, as seen here: Join The Gamespot Folding Team!!!! in the PC Hardware Discussion. Requirements and other variables to be also considered.

Thank you,

Mark

Jerell_rast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Jerell_rast
Member since 2004 • 7095 Posts
This sounds very interesting. I'll check the thread out.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
Topic is over a yr lod and they didnt give an Emblem for it in the past so I dont see why they should start now.
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts

Topic is over a yr lod and they didnt give an Emblem for it in the past so I dont see why they should start now.fastesttruck

It is a stickied thread. Despite the age of the topic it is a current event and is an ongoing event worthy of promotion in my opinion.

Jerell_rast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jerell_rast
Despite the age of the topic, it is a current event and is an ongoing event worthy of promotion, in my opinion.quadraleap
I agree, I was completely unaware of this thread(and the ability to do this without a PS3).
yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts
What a great idea! Gamespot isn't folding yet? We are falling behind!
Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts

Topic is over a yr lod and they didnt give an Emblem for it in the past so I dont see why they should start now.fastesttruck

Topic is over a year old? The only thing that should really matter is how current it is :)

As I've said in that thread it's not really a GS sanctioned team, but I guess with enough user requests here it could be a possibiltiy. 

DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DirkVDV01
Member since 2004 • 20155 Posts

[QUOTE="fastesttruck"]Topic is over a yr lod and they didnt give an Emblem for it in the past so I dont see why they should start now.Krall

Topic is over a year old? The only thing that should really matter is how current it is :)

As I've said in that thread it's not really a GS sanctioned team, but I guess with enough user requests here it could be a possibiltiy.

Yes, yes, that would be a very good idea!!! As a top contributer in both my own F@H team and now recently switching half of my rigs to this Gamespot F@H team, I can't agree more.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
I still dont see there being an Emblem for this, but if there was, I know one thing, it would become a very big event ;)
DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DirkVDV01
Hmmm, anyone have an idea on where I can submit one? I'm willing to make an emblem if nobody feels like it...
Jerell_rast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jerell_rast
I've also joined this team, and even felt to blog about it. This emblem could be a great promotion for a good cause.
walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
that would be nice! Im all for it~!
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts

[QUOTE="fastesttruck"]Topic is over a yr lod and they didnt give an Emblem for it in the past so I dont see why they should start now.Krall

I completely agree

Edited on Mar 19, 2007 12:49 am PT Edited 10 total times. ;)

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#14 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
I think it's certainly something worth giving an emblem for...personally my PC sucks unfortunately and is in almost constsant use by someone or other in the family so it's a rather difficult to help much with it...at least not until i get a PS3 anyway :P also i know that some unions (not many) are also doing things like now this...the ps3 union that i'm in is one of them, relating mainly to using a ps3 for the cause rather than a PC tho...
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. We get emblems while we help find cures for diseases and Gamespot, if enough users fold, will get increased exposure by rising higher in the rankings.
DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DirkVDV01
[QUOTE="Einhanderkiller"]Sounds like a great idea. We get emblems while we help find cures for diseases and Gamespot, if enough users fold, will get increased exposure by rising higher in the rankings.

Not sure about the increased exposure, but the more people that join, the better!
yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts
Seriously, if you can get an emblem for being online during the Turkey Day, then shouldn't being in the folding team a much more admirable dedication to Gamespot community? By being in the folding team, not only do you associate yourself with Gamespot the moment you turn on your computer,, but your computer is actually doing something that might one day cure cancer and AIDS. Submitting three avatars can get you an emblem, but help Gamespot marking its name on the page of medical history cannot?
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
I'll check it out