adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

As title says drop down menus dont work for me The ones at the top of gamespot page ( forums, videos and more )

This started when i upgraded to windows 10.

I did a clean Windows 10 installation , using the latest stable Chrome release and i do have an ad-blocker but gamespot.com domain is on the exception list ( even when completely disabling ad-block and clearing history, cookies the issue still persists )

With FIrefox and Microsoft Edge drop menus work fine

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@adamosmaki said:

As title says drop down menus dont work for me The ones at the top of gamespot page ( forums, videos and more )

I did a clean Windows 10 installation , using the latest stable Chrome release and i do have an ad-blocker but gamespot.com domain is on the exception list ( even when completely disabling ad-block and clearing history, cookies the issue still persists )

Are you using a computer, laptop or tablet that has a touch screen?

-Byshop

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 adamosmaki

@Byshop said:
@adamosmaki said:

-Byshop

Using my desktop pc

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@adamosmaki said:
@Byshop said:
@adamosmaki said:

-Byshop

Using my desktop pc

Does that mean no? To clarify, I assume you mean "no" since you didn't say yes even though a desktop PC can have touchscreen devices attached to it such as digitizer tablets, USB display devices, etc.

I belive there is a known issue where the dropdown menus do not render in Chrome on computers that have touchscreens, even if you are using a normal mouse or trackpad to access the website. I've got several computers at home, and each one that has a touchscreen doesn't show dropdowns in Chrome. If I use IE they work on those computers, and Chrome works on all of my computers that do not have touchscreen devices. I don't have a solution for when this happens in Chrome besides using another browser. However, none of the downdown menus are required for navigation of the site. If you click on the controller icon in the upper right that brings you to your recent reply queue. If you click on your profile icon, you can get to your wall, feed, instant messages, blog, etc. Same goes for the other dropdowns.

However, thanks for reporting this issue and GS will look into it.

-Byshop

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 adamosmaki

@Byshop said:
@adamosmaki said:
@Byshop said:
@adamosmaki said:

-Byshop

Using my desktop pc

Does that mean no? To clarify, I assume you mean "no" since you didn't say yes even though a desktop PC can have touchscreen devices attached to it such as digitizer tablets, USB display devices, etc.

I belive there is a known issue where the dropdown menus do not render in Chrome on computers that have touchscreens, even if you are using a normal mouse or trackpad to access the website. I've got several computers at home, and each one that has a touchscreen doesn't show dropdowns in Chrome. If I use IE they work on those computers, and Chrome works on all of my computers that do not have touchscreen devices. I don't have a solution for when this happens in Chrome besides using another browser. However, none of the downdown menus are required for navigation of the site. If you click on the controller icon in the upper right that brings you to your recent reply queue. If you click on your profile icon, you can get to your wall, feed, instant messages, blog, etc. Same goes for the other dropdowns.

However, thanks for reporting this issue and GS will look into it.

-Byshop

Thanks for the reply and to clarify its a normal pc ( no touchscreen ). Yeah i can normally navigate but its a bit annoying when the dropdown menus are not working

On another note ( it might be related ) Civilization V has an option to start it in touchscreen mode ( where in it never had that option before ). Maybe a setting in Windows 10 then causing them to think i have a touchscreen