Drop down menus no longer work

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Normally when you click the orange arrow next to games, videos, community or next to my icon the menus wont drop instead it'll load say the list of different forums for example if I click the orange arrow for community for example. And because the drop menus don't work I can't log out

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Yeah. I'm having the same issue.

koreform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 koreform
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

Is it still happening for you guys? It's working fine for me, since not everyone is experiencing the same issue maybe it's a client side issue... I would try using a different browser to see if it makes any difference.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#4 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

The only confirmed client-side solution for this that I'm aware of so far is if your device supports a touch screen then that's likely interfering with the :hover functionality used for the drop downs. If your device also has a mouse and keyboard the simplest solution is to open up device manager (or equivalent) and disabled (no need to uninstall, disable is plenty) 'HID-compliant touch screen'.

If your device doesn't support a touch screen then that's obviously not the cause, in which case more details would be useful to troubleshoot the issue. Some things to try straight off the bat though would be ensuring that javascript is enabled and that scripts from gamespot.com are allowed and/or disabling any browser add-ons in general to see if they're causing it.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Celsius765

I don't have a touch screen and java is enabled for all sites and it's still happening. I'm gonna try erasing my browsing history and repot back

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Celsius765

OK erasing didn't work but I did try Internet Explorer. It seems to be a google chrome problem there may have been a glitch in their latest update

stylyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By stylyy
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts

Can you please provide version and os? i'll look into it.

Thanks

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Celsius765

@stylyy:

I have Google Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125 m and my OS is Windows 7 Proffesional

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#9  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

@Celsius765 said:

@stylyy:

I have Google Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125 m and my OS is Windows 7 Proffesional

I'm using that same browser (incl. version) and the 64-bit version of Win 7 Pro SP1 and it's working fine for me..try incognito mode (without re-enabling any add-ons manually after starting incognito) to see if it works in that, if it does then an add-on is most likely causing it as incognito temporarily disables all of them for the new instance it makes.