Do and Don't recommend a review feature is pointless...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts
I've made a post about this awhile back and still i feel that it's just a toolt hat fanbois will use and just say "don't recommend review" because your wrong :\ It's like i'm wrong? No it's personal opinion lol.

I'd like it to be removed.
mariomaniac92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mariomaniac92
Member since 2006 • 5482 Posts
I totally propound this. Except there should be something that shows recognition for individual reviews, especially if they stand out. Something that fanboys won't take advantage of. I just don't know what...
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
Is there a limit on how many reviews people can recommend or not recommend a day?
Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts

Well i say just double the min character limit in reviews and take the feature away. People can look for themselves and not relly on this feature, also they can look at the review sum up on the piechart thing.

I just think it's a useless feature and i don't want fanbois/haters telling me i'm wrong because i have my own views.

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
I think it'd be nice if we could see who Recommended and Didn't Recommend our reviews, that way we can ask why they did or didn't recommend it.
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I know what you mean, but like a lot of things on Gamespot things are taken advantage of. However the recommend system an be useful for diverting users away from the downright idiotic reviews that tell us nothing about the game and if we should buy it.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts
I agree.  I mean, someone who writes a review maybe about a paragraph long could get all his friends to recommend it, even if the review is garbage.  And people will not recommend your reviews if they don't agree with the score, as well.
mjwickstrom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mjwickstrom1
Member since 2005 • 20454 Posts
I agree. It's pointless to have when almost everyone grades your review off of your opinion and whether they agree with it or not. For instance, you could have wrote a great review that goes into great detail about why it's only an average game, but someone who reads it could look at your score and disagree with it, and not recommend it.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
I agree. It's pointless to have when almost everyone grades your review off of your opinion and whether they agree with it or not. For instance, you could have wrote a great review that goes into great detail about why it's only an average game, but someone who reads it could look at your score and disagree with it, and not recommend it.mjwickstrom1
unfortunately, too many people do that
gugi_nayar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 gugi_nayar
Member since 2005 • 11688 Posts
Everything has its pros and cons. I don't think the recommendation feature is useless. It does have its downfalls and could use some tweaking here and there, but i don't think it should be scrapped.