Country (About Me page) doesn't update

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by EvanescentCrow (73 posts) -
Hello. While messing with my Options screen, in the About Me tab, I tried to include some more info, namely my country. I clicked "Apply Changes" and the page refreshes, but it resets my choice. Closing the Options screen and checking my profile confirms that no change was made. Thank you.
#2 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -
#3 Posted by EvanescentCrow (73 posts) -
Yes, that solved it. Only difference I found is that you can't (apparently) change your avatar to something from an external link, but I realize the site is currently a WIP, so it's all good. Thank you :)
#4 Posted by kitty (114652 posts) -
[QUOTE="EvanescentCrow"]Yes, that solved it. Only difference I found is that you can't (apparently) change your avatar to something from an external link, but I realize the site is currently a WIP, so it's all good. Thank you :)

You should be able to change your avatar if you use a site other than gamespot to host it. Are you getting a error?
#5 Posted by EvanescentCrow (73 posts) -
[QUOTE="2ndWonder"][QUOTE="EvanescentCrow"]Yes, that solved it. Only difference I found is that you can't (apparently) change your avatar to something from an external link, but I realize the site is currently a WIP, so it's all good.

You should be able to change your avatar if you use a site other than gamespot to host it. Are you getting a error?

From the Fuse profile, I don't see an option to use an external image. From Gamespot's Options screen, yes, I can add a link to an external source, but (as I pointed out in the RESOLVED ISSUE: Profile images from userimage.gamespot.com return! (update) thread) some pages didn't recognize my external avatar. Not sure if it's fully resolved, as I haven't tested it again.