This topic is locked from further discussion.

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Balrogbane
Member since 2014 • 1051 Posts

Lately I've had no end of trouble with the infamous disappearing comments section. I've tried refreshing the page, closing and reopening the page, clicking on the comments button, but nothing works. And it doesn't just seem to be happening with one or two articles, its happening with all of them.

Some help or reasons for this happening would be nice.

BadalRana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 BadalRana
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I'm having the same problem..freaking annoying

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#4 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

Make sure livefyre.com and gamespot.fyre.co (or just fyre.co) scripts can run, ad blockers with privacy/social plugin lists and beacon/tracker blockers may also block livefyre. Long story short: It's probably an add-on if it's not temporary, check without them and try to figure out which one is blocking it by enabling them one at a time if it works with them all disabled (incognito for chrome, safe mode for firefox is the quickest and most reliable way to do this - make sure you don't click to reset firefox completely when using the restart with add-ons disabled option so that you only enter safe mode and don't lose any data).

If it is temporary then probably server issues on livefyre's end, but there's nothing we can do about that..at least not until we replace the comment system anyway, which will hopefully be happening in the near future.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#5 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@balrogbane:

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the comments system, unfortunately, I'm not able to replicate this issue at this time. If you could just answer a few questions for me I'll be able to see what type of insight I can offer:

• What is your Operating System
  • Are you using any plug-ins or extension, if so what are they?
  • What is your Internet Browser (please be specific, include the specific version)?
  • Are you using a home network to access the internet or something like a library/university/college/business connection?