reffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 reffie
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I can like comments, but I can't reply. When I finish my comment and click on reply, the site refreshes and I'm not seeing my comment. I waited a few days, but the comment still wasn't there. I also didn't got any error message.

I'm using Firefox with add-block plus, but I've also tried it without add-block or even on Internet Explorer. Didn't work. I haven't manage to reply even once, though I mostly lurk.

Divedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#252 Divedude
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I am just wondering why they went with this god awful web format that runs nothing but java scripts. I have not be able to comment on articles forever now. This was a good site.

RobotPudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#253  Edited By RobotPudding
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I am having a number of issues. Firstly, I can't seem to look at the review I made for Atelier Escha and Logy. I am not sure if other reviews aren't loading, but the other Atelier E&L review won't work either. It keeps redirecting me to the review page instead of the specific review I am trying to see. Not only that, I am unable to see all my posts to go back and see if someone commented on anything I said. I am unsure if this is because I'm on a new account, but that's because my old account wouldn't work, even though my email is in the system when I try to reuse the email, it says the email is in use when I try to use it for my account so I had to use a new email. Anyway, I like this site so if you'll please give me an idea on perhaps what I can do. I don't use noscript but I do use adblockplus. I'd tried disabling it, but it doesn't work. Anyway, thanks.

reffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By reffie
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I'm going to delete my account. I'm not getting any feedback from anyone who works at Gamespot. I can't comment, even though it should work.
Interface keeps getting changed but not improved. Videos always go to the next one, even if I paused the video in advance. I have a few more of these, but I'm done with it.

Good luck and have a nice day.

Avatar image for CapnXtraObvious
CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#256 CapnXtraObvious
Member since 2012 • 506 Posts

I can't use the comment section in an article at all anymore. It tells me to SIGN IN in the comment section when I'm already signed in. When I press SIGN IN, it just snaps to the top of the page. wtf???

xsonicchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#257  Edited By xsonicchaos
Member since 2008 • 1389 Posts

I don't get email notifications on replies anymore. I understand how this was an issue for many, but I enjoyed having a direct connection through my email and easily respond to intelligent debates. In the settings, the notifications are as always marked as immediately and checked. Tried disabling and reenabling notifications, saving back and forward, but still no emails from Gamespot anymore, not even game updates. What's up with that?

EDIT: I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I just got an email with a comment reply. Anyway, it's apparently fixed for now.

thisSonicBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#258  Edited By thisSonicBoom
Member since 2014 • 38 Posts

My comments are not posting to the site. They'll display on the thread but won't register on the number of comments and no one seems to notice my comments while trying to converse.

win 7

IE

US

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#259 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

@CapnXtraObvious said:

I can't use the comment section in an article at all anymore. It tells me to SIGN IN in the comment section when I'm already signed in. When I press SIGN IN, it just snaps to the top of the page. wtf???

If this is still an issue and you're using any sort of script blocker then ensure that both scripts from the livefyre.com domain and the fyre.co domain are able to run. gamespot.com and googleapis.com domains should also be allowed when using the site to allow use of other core features.

DRUMmondBASS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 DRUMmondBASS

Comments stopped loading on my windows phone a couple months ago and still haven't returned. This site is the only one i have experienced this issue with. Please fix asap!

olldsmolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 olldsmolls

• Woops! Something wrong happened, we are working on it.

500 internal server error

502 bad gateway

m4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#262 m4a5  Online
Member since 2008 • 3151 Posts

Ok, it's reeeeally starting to piss me off that I get subscribed to articles and I have no control. Heck, just today I had 76 "new comment" emails because I forgot I commented on an article (and didn't unsubscribe from the first emails)!

weakan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#263  Edited By weakan
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts

i'm running windows 7 and use google chrome as a browser, my problem is....actually a lot:o, first of all:

-i can't seem to change list to "ordered" or anything while i have a specific stack made for a ordered list of games, the list in question had only like 70 games within and couldn't change that back to a ordered structure while i made that list to be ordered.

- i can't seem to delete or add any game to any stack, from "my collection" to "games i am currently playing"

- refreshing doesn't seem to work and or takes forever but changes nothing

i have sent several E-mails to gamespit if they could help me with my problem, two weeks ago it started going downhill profile and stack wise and kept getting worse, it's seriously annoying-_-

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#264  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

I just checked them out and stated that half of my user reviews are missing, e.g., for Army of Two 1/2/3 (X360/PS3), Inversion (PC), The Saboteur (PS3), Medal of Honor (PSP), KungFu Panda (DS), and a couple of others I don't recall in the moment. I now have only 17 user reviews while in reality it should be plus 30 by now--not a very high number, but at least, since writing reviews is a private hobby.

I am shocked & disappointed since I haven't been aware that GS is erasing user reviews now; or is it that they simply don't appear associated to my user name anymore? (Please note that the user profile's review list worked correctly before).--Please advise, thanks!

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#265  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

@VintAge68 said:

I just checked them out and stated that half of my user reviews are missing, e.g., for Army of Two 1/2/3 (X360/PS3), Inversion (PC), The Saboteur (PS3), Medal of Honor (PSP), KungFu Panda (DS), and a couple of others I don't recall in the moment. I now have only 17 user reviews while in reality it should be plus 30 by now--not a very high number, but at least, since writing reviews is a private hobby.

I am shocked & disappointed since I haven't been aware that GS is erasing user reviews now; or is it that they simply don't appear associated to my user name anymore? (Please note that the user profile's review list worked correctly before).--Please advise, thanks!

Regarding my apparently lost user reviews I've been able to retrieve 34 (exactly the double of the former 17!) now, which is more of less all of them, I guess. Most of them miraculously reappeared in my list after rating them myself, but still not all.

Is the reason known for this issue and any bug fixing planned in that matter? --Thanks in advance for your interest!