Commenting System Issues Reporting Topic

#101 Posted by A_Rabid_Dog (12 posts) -

Thank you both! You answered a question that the mods have yet to answer me for weeks!

Literally, all I did was go to my fuse settings, CHANGED NOTHING, just scrolled to the bottom and hit "submit changes". Thanks again, the both of you!

Edit: I think I just got lucky with that. I don't know. I can't seem to CHANGE my avatar now... Gamespot's avatar system is the worst I have ever seen...

#102 Posted by nirzor07 (9 posts) -

No comments from in the comment section are being displayed. When the page is still loading, it shows the comments for a couple of seconds but when the page loads "fully", it stops. There's just a long, black vacant space there. Tried it with two different browsers but the problem remains

Windows 7 64 bit

Mozilla Firefox version 21.0

Google Chrome version 27.0.1453.116

#103 Posted by Choad-Warrior (4549 posts) -

I know it's a free service, so my level of tolerance is quite high, but I can't get my comments to load. I tried posting this before and got no response. 

I use Chrome and when I post a comment, it at first appears in the thread, but a quick refresh of the page shows it magically disappear. My theory was simply my user name pops up as inappropriate, but I can't change it since I have had for oh so many years now. But then, I could easily be wrong on that thought process, though would be more than happy to change it as no one gets Chez Geek references anymore. 

QUICK EDIT: I am referring to comments posted on news stories and the like. 

#104 Posted by ColdstoneX3 (373 posts) -

id like to report that my posted comments vanish for no reason, they are none offensive in nature, so i dont see it as being deleted by mods, was wondering what it could be that is happening

#105 Posted by JP_ (12854 posts) -

id like to report that my posted comments vanish for no reason, they are none offensive in nature, so i dont see it as being deleted by mods, was wondering what it could be that is happening

ColdstoneX3

Hi ColdstoneX3,

We have recieve multiple reports of this yet I have yet to heard anything.  What we do now is that this seems mainly like a Glitch 

#106 Posted by WantYouBad (26 posts) -

In the past I had the issue where my comments were unreadable but I fixed that. Yet now any image or link I try to post is always "pending" and never posts, it literally always says "pending" and NEVER posts. Is there a fix for this?

#107 Posted by amroto (774 posts) -
I'm having problems posting any comments on the website....when i press "Post it" it keeps loading but nothing happens, i tried a different browser and it actually worked (IE Metro App for Win 8)....How can i solve this on my desktop browser the Internet Explorer 10 ? Note that my system's specs are : Win8, Browser: IE 10
#108 Posted by firedrakes (1472 posts) -
kept getting 100 words need to post a review. i hitting 200+ and still get it . only on this cbs website. no others are affected . also cannot copy and paste with this site. using firefox
#109 Posted by gmax (6861 posts) -
kept getting 100 words need to post a review. i hitting 200+ and still get it . only on this cbs website. no others are affected . also cannot copy and paste with this site. using firefox firedrakes
Those sound like different issues than the ones this thread is focused on. If the issues persist you can create your own thread.

#110 Posted by WantYouBad (26 posts) -

Comments not displaying...again.

WantYouBad

Windows 7

Google Chrome

USA

#111 Posted by thequickshooter (352 posts) -

Operating system (Winxp/Win7/Win8 - mobile phone, etc)
- Browser: (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, IE, etc)
- Your region (country is fine; U.S., U.K. etc.) - israel 
- The problem you are encountering? (cannot post in the comments, cannot see any comments, not seeing your changed avatar image, etc)

i tried everything, addblock, restarting chrome 

and even the internet explorer 

why is this problem not slovled?

#112 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19418 posts) -

why is this problem not slovled?thequickshooter

That's for LiveFyre to solve - not GameSpot. Comment-hosting has been outsourced a long while ago.

The most that GameSpot's administrators can do is just file yet more reports with LiveFyre. :roll:

#113 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

I've changed my profile picture a couple times over the past month, and when I post on forums it's fine, near my username in the top right corner it's fine, even in fuse it updates to the new image. But in the comments section under Gamespot articles it's still the same picture I've had for a couple years now. It refuses to update. I've cleared my cache and cookies with no luck. 

vmCK01k.jpg

Any help?

Operating system: Win7
Browser: Chrome
Your region: Canada 

Edit: I was routed here by another mod. 

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29425770/how-to-change-profile-pic-in-comments-section-under-articles?msg_id=341104192#341104192

#114 Posted by Exodiouse (15 posts) -

Hi there. Can't change my profile pic. It just disappeared some time ago and now it's just blank and nothing changes it. Any idea how I can fix that?

#115 Posted by Cloud_765 (111391 posts) -
My avatar has never updated at all since the comments were given their own format.
#116 Posted by DeViLzzz (2144 posts) -

Today I can't make any comment under the News articles.  I have used multiple accounts and multiple browsers (Opera and Mozilla Firefox) and no luck.  I am running Windows 7 32 bit OS. 

This totally ruins the experience of GameSpot when I can't do this. 

#117 Posted by gothemile (3 posts) -

I'm also having problems with Livefyre's commenting system. Everytime I make a post, it seems like its not being registered into Livefyre and I guess it just rejects it. If possible a quick fix would be nice.

#118 Posted by qewretrytuyiuoi (9 posts) -

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but when browsing through this site, using Googles Chrome, sometimes the comments below each of the topics are simply not there.

http://imgur.com/1phczY8

Firefox seems to work fine and being a respectable gamer I don't have Internet Explorer installed so I cant test it.

#119 Posted by Warlord_Irochi (1269 posts) -

Having the issue of my comments not appearing at all after I submit them and reload the website.

Using Firefox 22.0 in Windows 7 64.

#120 Posted by sonic6748 (4 posts) -

Hey I'm having problems with the comments too. Down at the bottom where the comments should be theres nothing, just a blank white space where they should be. I can't imagine I said anything to be moderated for, I'm usually pretty mello. Any help for me?

#121 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

Nice to see that there hasn't been any replies from Admin in over a month. Keep up the good work GS!

#122 Posted by sonic6748 (4 posts) -

Yeah... I hope they didn't give up on this. It seems like a pretty common problem with at least twelve pages (including me) of people freaking out because it will just start acting up for no apparent reason. Does anyone know whats going on?

#123 Posted by verbtex (8511 posts) -

I'm also having problems with Livefyre's commenting system. Everytime I make a post, it seems like its not being registered into Livefyre and I guess it just rejects it. If possible a quick fix would be nice.

gothemile

I've refreshed your permissions. If you continue to have problems, please just send me a PM

#124 Posted by krienie (6 posts) -

I'm also having problems with the commenting system. My comments seem to disappear when I refresh the page. Waiting for the 5 minute edit time also doesn't work.. I just posted in the "Next-gen Star Wars: Battlefront due in summer 2015" story and it just disappeared..

Region: Netherlands

#126 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19418 posts) -

verbtex, may you please refresh the permissions for my account too?

#127 Posted by verbtex (8511 posts) -

I'm also having problems with the commenting system. My comments seem to disappear when I refresh the page. Waiting for the 5 minute edit time also doesn't work.. I just posted in the "Next-gen Star Wars: Battlefront due in summer 2015" story and it just disappeared..

Region: Netherlands

krienie

Seems everything in your account is alright. I went ahead and refreshed the permissions regardless. If you continue to have problems, please just let me know.

#128 Posted by verbtex (8511 posts) -

verbtex, may you please refresh the permissions for my account too?

Gelugon_baat

Hmm, it doesn't seem to find your account in the System. Sometimes this system has trouble with usernames which have underscores and dashes. Anything that is not alpha-numerical causes hiccups. Do you have a few threads you have posted in recently so that I may find a comment you have made that way?

#129 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19418 posts) -

Do you have a few threads you have posted in recently so that I may find a comment you have made that way?

verbtex

I have made a comment under this video and this video. Both comments contain the text "test".

You can try to cross-check with this one, and this one please, where my comments still appear. They were my blog posts from way back though - any posts of mine for the past couple of years have either been wiped out or are not appearing.

#130 Posted by verbtex (8511 posts) -

Ha, I found your account, now the permissions should be refreshed.

#131 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19418 posts) -

verbtex

Thanks. It seems to be working now.

Anyway, are there any plans to fix the issue of the system having problems with dashes and underscores in usernames?

#132 Posted by verbtex (8511 posts) -

[QUOTE="verbtex"]

Gelugon_baat

Thanks. It seems to be working now.

Anyway, are there any plans to fix the issue of the system having problems with dashes and underscores in usernames?

Most of the time there isn't an issue. It will require us to use the ALT character to locate the symbol. Every once in a while it won't work. I haven't heard any plans of permanent fixes, but it usually isn't a huge annoyance.

#133 Posted by VintAge68 (408 posts) -

Hi,

I am currently experiencing two problems with GS websites--one is related to Lifefyre (the comments avatar does not change anymore, even when choosing one of GS' own ones) and the other to Playfire (cannot log in anymore after having been logging out once; when prompted for the password, the site leads to a "Server error" Superman image composed of PS3 trophies...).

I don't know whether this is the right forum here, but thanks in advance for your attention.

Cheers,

Alexandra

#134 Posted by Judzilla (1 posts) -

Misery loves company I guess. 

My forums avatar (80x80 icon) has never showed up. I always have the default "G" icon. I've tried uploading from my PC as well as linking to images on Photobucket. No dice. Clearing the browser cache doesn't seem to help either. I'd love to get this issue resolved. 

#135 Posted by FartFastMcSpeed (3 posts) -
Hey, i have a prob with this account and Don_Mattrick, it seems that my comments don't appear sometimes on this account, and my comments don't appear at all on my Don_Mattrick account.
#136 Posted by LancerVI (503 posts) -
My comments are not showing up either with Chrome, IE or Firefox.
#137 Posted by Jamoid (8 posts) -

Glad I was able to help a few people. Perhaps the information could be included in some sort of FAQ or sticky so that it can be found easily? Otherwise people have to read through this whole thread for one little bit of information.

#138 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19418 posts) -

Hey, i have a prob with this account and Don_Mattrick, it seems that my comments don't appear sometimes on this account, and my comments don't appear at all on my Don_Mattrick account.FartFastMcSpeed

If you are reading this, FartFastMcSpeed, or Don_Mattrick, or whichever your original account was, the problem that you have is not a technical one - neither does the cause comes from anywhere but yourself. ;)

With that said, you might want to contact CBSI's Customer Support instead. Good luck getting help there though.

#139 Posted by cynicalundead (1243 posts) -

I am also having problems with my avatars not updating in Fuse and in the comments too. I have the right icon in the forums and in the regular GS profile. An old avatar in Fuse, and then a pre-baked Vault Boy in the comments.

Chrome browser and in the US.

#140 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -
can you please help me. i can't see livefyre feedback. there's a blank space where there should be comments. but sometimes the comments show up and appear and then disappear again. they usually only last about 5 -15 minutes when they "show" and then in the middle of posting a feedback message a red popup shows up when i type text and it says the time on my "session has expired" or something like that and everything disappears. it's been like this for like 8 months or a year or something.
#142 Posted by poisonmushr00m (1 posts) -

Chrome

Win 7

China, although using a VPN in the US

I've got a disappearing comment on the Gone Home review. 

#143 Posted by WolfGrey (3780 posts) -

Firefox

Windows 8(sadly)

Comments will poof on all articles no matter where i post.

Been happening for the last few days.

#144 Posted by RobotOpBuddy (65045 posts) -

Chrome

Win 7

China, although using a VPN in the US

I've got a disappearing comment on the Gone Home review. 

poisonmushr00m
This appears to have been resolved before I even got to it - that or you deleted your own post (or a moderator did, but typically they're only hidden and remain in the active database until they're archived) or it never made it to the database..

Firefox

Windows 8(sadly)

Comments will poof on all articles no matter where I post.

WolfGrey
Should be fine now, and the missing comments (aside from the couple 5 days ago that got you in this predicament to begin with) should appear shortly as well. [QUOTE="buccomatic"]can you please help me. i can't see livefyre feedback. there's a blank space where there should be comments. but sometimes the comments show up and appear and then disappear again. they usually only last about 5 -15 minutes when they "show" and then in the middle of posting a feedback message a red popup shows up when i type text and it says the time on my "session has expired" or something like that and everything disappears. it's been like this for like 8 months or a year or something.

Are you still having this problem? It sounds to me like the cookies/cache aren't working correctly or being deleted too frequently, make sure you're accepting cookies from livefyre while on the GS site to begin with - that means accepting 3rd party cookies and keeping them for the full duration that you'll be on the page at least, though preferably for the full duration you'll be on GS. Also ensure that the livefyre scripts are able to run, as that would prevent them appearing to begin with.
#145 Posted by Sl4cka (8 posts) -
- Win7 - Firefox - U.K. - not seeing your changed avatar image in article comments
#146 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

[QUOTE="poisonmushr00m"]This appears to have been resolved before I even got to it - that or you deleted your own post (or a moderator did, but typically they're only hidden and remain in the active database until they're archived) or it never made it to the database..[QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

Firefox

Windows 8(sadly)

Comments will poof on all articles no matter where I post.

robbristow

Should be fine now, and the missing comments (aside from the couple 5 days ago that got you in this predicament to begin with) should appear shortly as well.
can you please help me. i can't see livefyre feedback. there's a blank space where there should be comments. but sometimes the comments show up and appear and then disappear again. they usually only last about 5 -15 minutes when they "show" and then in the middle of posting a feedback message a red popup shows up when i type text and it says the time on my "session has expired" or something like that and everything disappears. it's been like this for like 8 months or a year or something.buccomatic
Are you still having this problem? It sounds to me like the cookies/cache aren't working correctly or being deleted too frequently, make sure you're accepting cookies from livefyre while on the GS site to begin with - that means accepting 3rd party cookies and keeping them for the full duration that you'll be on the page at least, though preferably for the full duration you'll be on GS. Also ensure that the livefyre scripts are able to run, as that would prevent them appearing to begin with.

yeah. i've tried all of that, and a bunch of other stuff that was suggested about a year ago, and nothing seems to fix it. :(

win 7 64-bit home premium

google chrome

usa

#147 Posted by TheLordsbeacon (1 posts) -

I haven't been able to change my post user icon no matter what I try. I am on an iMac OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion). I've tried both Safari and Firefox. I've tried using a url and uploading an image. I simply get a message that says "User Icon URL: The remote image could not be found," and my file disappears. How do I get it to work?

#148 Posted by Scalper (437 posts) -

I haven't been able to change my post user icon no matter what I try. I am on an iMac OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion). I've tried both Safari and Firefox. I've tried using a url and uploading an image. I simply get a message that says "User Icon URL: The remote image could not be found," and my file disappears. How do I get it to work?

TheLordsbeacon

If you put the url in the text field and then just click apply changes. Don't press upload it should work.

#149 Posted by angeldeb82 (1033 posts) -
Something's TERRIBLY wrong! ALL blog comments have vanished from EVERYONE'S blogs, including mine! And it happens to ALL blogs too! When will the "vanishing blog comments" glitch be fixed?! I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 8. :(
#150 Posted by UnrealPro (109 posts) -
My comments do not show up on news articles after posting. I have experienced this problem just today.