Comment section issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

Been a while since I visited the site. I ran into a few bumps while commenting, don't know if these are new features or bugs but they are very annoying.

My comments appear as pending sometimes randomly, when they are pending they almost never go through.

If I refresh the page my pending comments disappear completely and I can't edit or delete them.

Sometimes refreshing the page or force refreshing the page (Ctrl + F5) the comment section would disappear altogether.

I'm using Firefox 31.0 on Windows 7 if that makes any difference.

capfuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 capfuzz
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

I am experiencing the same problem. Its very annoying especially when the comment section disappears. I'm using Chrome.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

They're looking into an alternative to LiveFyre. It's just no good.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@mav_destroyer said:

Been a while since I visited the site. I ran into a few bumps while commenting, don't know if these are new features or bugs but they are very annoying.

My comments appear as pending sometimes randomly, when they are pending they almost never go through.

If I refresh the page my pending comments disappear completely and I can't edit or delete them.

Sometimes refreshing the page or force refreshing the page (Ctrl + F5) the comment section would disappear altogether.

I'm using Firefox 31.0 on Windows 7 if that makes any difference.

The pending part is if a word you used got flagged by their word filter. It means that it needs mod approval to be seen by everyone. Otherwise it will remain pending forever. Look for curse words. There is no complete list of words for the filter and mods won't tell us them. So it'll be trial and error.

As for the comments disappearing, its as easy as logging out and logging back in. It almost always fixes it for me.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
@JustPlainLucas said:

They're looking into an alternative to LiveFyre. It's just no good.

That would be the best thing they'd do. The old commenting system was perfect, don't know why they ditched it for livefyre.

@bunchanumbers said:

As for the comments disappearing, its as easy as logging out and logging back in. It almost always fixes it for me.

That's an absolute pain to do. I've sent different comments several times, some where pending and never appeared afterwards and some just disappeared outright even though they weren't pending.