Changed email address, email goes to old address

This topic is locked from further discussion.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts

I went to my settings page and clicked the link to the page where I can change my email address. I changed it and went to my email to confirm my new address. If I go back to that page it lists my new address. So why are the emails still going to my old address?

FFS WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING? The feedback forum is flooded with bug reports but nothing noticeable has changed in at least a couple weeks. This site is BROKEN and it's not being fixed. You make no attempt to communicate with the community. It really seems like you're trying to drive us away.

You invited me to the beta for the new site and then you end the beta a couple days later while the forum was still full of bug reports. Whose decision was that? I was under the impression that people have jobs that they get paid for to run this site. If you're getting paid you MUST be doing SOMETHING... why am I not seeing any progress?

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

could be the bugs are more complex than we think. might be why they are taking so long. just my guess.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 INF1DEL
@leon2365 said:

could be the bugs are more complex than we think. might be why they are taking so long. just my guess.

All of them? So complex that they've made no visible progress? I doubt that. Even if that's true it doesn't excuse the lack of communication. People keep posting that they've given up on the site and are leaving for good. I'd think people would be more forgiving if only they told us they're making progress, or when we can expect to see progress, or just about anything other than #dealwithit. I realize I posted this at the start of the weekend and shouldn't expect an immediate reply. I'll give them maybe another week before I seriously consider ending my 7.5 year membership of this site.

PS: WTF is your signature supposed to be?

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

@INF1DEL said:
@leon2365 said:

All of them? So complex that they've made no visible progress? I doubt that. Even if that's true it doesn't excuse the lack of communication. People keep posting that they've given up on the site and are leaving for good. I'd think people would be more forgiving if only they told us they're making progress, or when we can expect to see progress, or just about anything other than #dealwithit. I realize I posted this at the start of the weekend and shouldn't expect an immediate reply. I'll give them maybe another week before I seriously consider ending my 7.5 year membership of this site.

PS: WTF is your signature supposed to be?

they said they were working on some of them a while ago before they went silent. guess they are busy with life eh?

as for my sig, its supposed to be just this:

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA
Gamertag: I0I0II000
Steam ID: I0I0II000

the first is the konami code, and the other 2 are supposed to be my gaming id's. I wanted it to be that way, but with the one line that gamespot currently gives us to input a text-based sig, it isn't possible to get it to look like that so I added a bunch of symbols to just get it to stick out for now.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 INF1DEL

Ten day later and no response at all. I'll take this as confirmation that they really don't care anymore. I've seen no changes in the last month. I can't imagine that would be the case if they were putting any effort into the site at all. I think I'll be moving on soon.