Change to GameSpot Navigation Interface

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I used the "expand" feature every day as well. It made keeping up with blogs extremely easy. Now I have to go to my friends' profile pages manually to keep up with the comments of older blogs, since only the five newest ones are listed on my profile page. I also never had any problems with consistency using the expand dropdown.

I like the "latest and greatest" bar at the top, but it'd be nice to have a link to the daily updates page on every page. Currently, you have to go back to the GS home page to get to the daily updates link if you're browsing the forums. There's room for a daily updates link in the forums section, and it'd make navigation much easier.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I never used the "expand" feature. Mostly because it didn't load half the time. I would only use it to get to the "My games" drop down menu anyway.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
Thanks for fixing the my games bar. Love the update!
Skrapshak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Skrapshak
Member since 2003 • 150 Posts

I am noticing that there is no more 'New Releases" link on the Gamespot Home page. Is it an oversight or the future? It comes in handy each week if you own more than one gaming platform.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#105 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I am noticing that there is no more 'New Releases" link on the Gamespot Home page. Is it an oversight or the future? It comes in handy each week if you own more than one gaming platform.

Skrapshak

There's still a link to there, it's just been moved to into the navigation bar. If you look directly under the search bar, you should the see the "New Releases" tab, which will take you to where you can see what's coming out this week.

Personally, I think it was a good idea to move it there. As it's now possible to access it from just about anywhere on the site.

Skrapshak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 Skrapshak
Member since 2003 • 150 Posts

Thanks c_rake. I didn't see that!

Wolf-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#107 Wolf-5
Member since 2005 • 1730 Posts

I like the my games pull down, used it alot already. Wish there were two pull-down menues... one chooses "Trakcing, Collection and so on" and the second would show the games in accordance to the first menue.

The log-in from any pages are great.

General look... I am nuetral. Not worse or better... just diffrent.

But over all, I welcome the change.

megagood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 megagood
Member since 2008 • 429 Posts

Hey guys - we have posted a survey with some different color options for the UI. Now's your chance to offer your opinion!

msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#109 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts

Hey guys - we have posted a survey with some different color options for the UI. Now's your chance to offer your opinion!

megagood
Why don't you give us an option to choose which one we want to use in our preferences? Because I know I like the lightest setting much more than the others, but that doesn't seem to be the popular opinion. :?
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#110 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

megagood
Yup saw that and added it to my sig. I love the new layout,I just would like darker colors.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#111 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Why don't you give us an option to choose which one we want to use in our preferences?msudude211

That's a great idea. You guys should consider doing that.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

[QUOTE="msudude211"]Why don't you give us an option to choose which one we want to use in our preferences?c_rake

That's a great idea. You guys should consider doing that.

I also concur. We need options!