Certificate revocation error

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rarson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 rarson
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts

I'm unable to sign into my account without disabling checking for certificate revocation, which is impossible to actually do in Firefox (I'm using IE right now). I get the following error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to auth.gamespot.com.

Peer's Certificate has been revoked.

(Error code: sec_error_revoked_certificate)

I tried contacting Gamespot about this via the Site Feedback page, but that doesn't seem to be working.

rarson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rarson

I just read the other thread about it, so I figured out how to disable certificate checking in Firefox, but I'm surprised Gamespot hasn't fixed this yet, and I don't want to keep having to turn off certificates in order to use the site. I guess I'll just have to take a break from Gamespot.

Peter_Eater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Peter_Eater
Member since 2006 • 3721 Posts

@rarson said:

I just read the other thread about it, so I figured out how to disable certificate checking in Firefox, but I'm surprised Gamespot hasn't fixed this yet, and I don't want to keep having to turn off certificates in order to use the site. I guess I'll just have to take a break from Gamespot.

You don't need to keep turning OCSP certificaate checking on&off.

You need to turn it off only when you need to login to Gamespot. After that, turn it on, and you will be able to use the site normally. Just stay logged in.

But, yes, GS really needs to fix this ASAP.

For anyone else needing info about his topic, please check the other thread, where this is already being discussed:

Some kind of security error won't let me log in

rarson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rarson

@Peter_Eater:

Yeah, I know that. What I mean is that I'm not going to keep disabling it every time I want to login to Gamespot. I usually visit the site once a day. It's already been at least two days since I first started having the problem, and it's still not fixed yet, so after today I probably won't be logging in until it's fixed.

Peter_Eater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Peter_Eater
Member since 2006 • 3721 Posts

@rarson: Offcourse this is your decision, but why don't you stay logged in? You just need cookies enabled for GS (just don't delete them when you exit the browser). Now I'm logged in since this Tuesday, and usually I always stay logged in untill I do some computer maintenance (when I delete cookies amongst other things). There's no drawback to staying logged in. But, again - It's your choice. I'm not trying to talk you into anything, just presenting an option.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I've been having this same exact issue for a few days now, and just managed to sign in thanks to you guys making these threads.

It's an issue Gamespot should probably take care of, since I'm sure it's turning away a lot of would-be visitors. Though to be quite honest, taking breaks from GS here and there is nice.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#7 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Hey everyone, this is a known issue that i have been working with neteng on. It re-occurred when we had to go to new load balancers that did not have the intermediate certs. Unfortunately there's no ETA on fix as they have to find those certs again.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Some code was recently pushed and this issue should now be fixed!

Avatar image for deactivated-62ef8f2b297e5
deactivated-62ef8f2b297e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 deactivated-62ef8f2b297e5
Member since 2005 • 177 Posts

Thanks, it's working now.

rarson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rarson

@Peter_Eater:

I would have stayed logged in, as I normally do, however when this problem occurred, it actually kicked me off my account!

Regardless, it appears that they've fixed it now, all is well. Thanks, Gamespot web site guys.