Can't access Union forums

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by with_teeth26 (6324 posts) -

Over the last few days, every time I visit the forum of any union I get a server error message. I can see the topics in the bottom right corner of the home page with the post counts rising so it must not be happening to everyone.

I've tried using multiple browsers and today will try accessing it from my Universities wireless internet to make sure it is not my home connection, but this is not a problem I have had before the last two days.

#2 Posted by HybridKing (8318 posts) -

Everytime I try to access a forum, I keep getting a white screen. I thought it was just one day thing but this has been happening for a few days now.

#3 Posted by KFHEWUI (7606 posts) -

Yeah, this started for me yesterday, and I keep on getting HTTP 500 error when I go to union forums.

I hope this get fixed today because the unions is the only reason I still visit this site.

#4 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -
Unions are glitched, good job Gamespot. you really know how to make this site a piece of crap.
#5 Posted by Flamecommando (11631 posts) -

Unions are glitched, good job Gamespot. you really know how to make this site a piece of crap.jediknight52501

Woo woo woo. You know it!

I'm there with you getting bugs. OOPS & HTTP500 Internal Server Error all over the place.

#6 Posted by CountBleck12 (4344 posts) -
[QUOTE="KFHEWUI"]

Yeah, this started for me yesterday, and I keep on getting HTTP 500 error when I go to union forums.

I hope this get fixed today because the unions is the only reason I still visit this site.

I been getting the same error as well.
#7 Posted by Saber721 (5737 posts) -
Same here. The cafe seems to be getting hit hard. :P
#8 Posted by Redders1989 (13410 posts) -

Funny thing is if they just made the unions the "wide layout" by default, like the rest of the GS website which just so happens to be working fine, surely none of this would be happening?

#9 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

I came across this bug earlier today, and I've let them know. One thing you may want to do to help me out is share the union forum you're trying to visit. I may be able to clear the cache on the page to resolve the issue, manually (crossing fingers).

#10 Posted by gmax (6862 posts) -
When I looked at this last night it seemed like only links to the old narrow union board layout were affected; the union boards I looked at in the wide layout were all working ok-ish (you could at least read them, anyway). The challenge seemed to be finding links to the wide layout; I have some thoughts on that here; there could very well be a better way.

#11 Posted by KenshinGirl (9454 posts) -
Since there are three other people from The Anime Cafe in here complaining about the glitch, I would say our union is definitely one of the ones having issues.
#12 Posted by Saber721 (5737 posts) -
[QUOTE="gmax"]When I looked at this last night it seemed like only links to the old narrow union board layout were affected; the union boards I looked at in the wide layout were all working ok-ish (you could at least read them, anyway). The challenge seemed to be finding links to the wide layout; I have some thoughts on that here; there could very well be a better way.

^^This. Its the only work-around that works for me.
#13 Posted by KenshinGirl (9454 posts) -
When I looked at this last night it seemed like only links to the old narrow union board layout were affected; the union boards I looked at in the wide layout were all working ok-ish (you could at least read them, anyway). The challenge seemed to be finding links to the wide layout; I have some thoughts on that here; there could very well be a better way.gmax
Thanks for the workaround. I can access our union now in the wide layout. I knew there was a way, but couldn't remember how to get to it.
#14 Posted by dorthie2 (13597 posts) -

Everytime I try to access a forum, I keep getting a white screen. I thought it was just one day thing but this has been happening for a few days now.

HybridKing
I get the server error when I try to get into my union threads but only post in unlock threads still can't post in locked thread
#15 Posted by anihimz (14242 posts) -
When I go to unions a white page comes up, this happens when I try to access threads too It goes away if you refresh the page 3 or 4 times
#16 Posted by simonsez112 (25 posts) -

Can you guys post URLs to specific forums that you are having problems with? I will take a look.

thanks

simon

#17 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

Can you guys post URLs to specific forums that you are having problems with? I will take a look.

thanks

simon

simonsez112

here's one the alternate site is this

#18 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

[QUOTE="simonsez112"]

thanks

simon

killerband55

This one is loading fine today.
#19 Posted by simonsez112 (25 posts) -

[QUOTE="simonsez112"]

thanks

simon

killerband55

Thanks @killerband55, as @jodyr mentioned we rolled a fix out for this today and the union board pages should work now. Thanks for reporting and please let us know if you spot any other problems.

#20 Posted by anihimz (14242 posts) -
The white page is replaced by Oops now, it goes away after numerous refreshes tho
#21 Posted by simonsez112 (25 posts) -

The white page is replaced by Oops now, it goes away after numerous refreshes thoanihimz

Those oops pages are very tricky to track down, but will keep an eye out for that - thanks!

#22 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

[QUOTE="anihimz"]The white page is replaced by Oops now, it goes away after numerous refreshes thosimonsez112

Those oops pages are very tricky to track down, but will keep an eye out for that - thanks!

if you use the old union layout (with the union banner on top) then make a post on there, it automatically goes into the Oops page, so you might wanna look into that