Can you delete your own images?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerClaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TigerClaw
Member since 2002 • 95 Posts

Is there a way to delete images that you uploaded? What if you want to delete an image you accidently uploaded to your profile, How are you supposed to delete it, I don't seen an option too.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Same problem.

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

Yes, please answer this. My .gif avatar is only 56X93 pixels 15.4 KB in size and I don't think I did a crop and resize option. It shouldn't be this big. I tried to overwrite it with a jpg and it didn't work.

TigerClaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TigerClaw

Yeah, I would like an option to delete images.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#5  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

You should be able to delete images by going to the images page, clicking edit tags, then clicking delete. However if it's not fixed yet then most users can't see the delete button - if the button appears for you it does work though, at least.

As for ScreamDream's avatar - when you upload the image it's resized now, presumably the issue here is that it's resizing based on the smallest dimension (and keeping aspect ratio), and then cropping it to 80x80. Your best bet is to use any image editing software to make the base image 80x80 and then upload it to GS as your avatar to avoid it being modified.

TigerClaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TigerClaw

@robbristow said:

You should be able to delete images by going to the images page, clicking edit tags, then clicking delete. However if it's not fixed yet then most users can't see the delete button - if the button appears for you it does work though, at least.

As for ScreamDream's avatar - when you upload the image it's resized now, presumably the issue here is that it's resizing based on the smallest dimension (and keeping aspect ratio), and then cropping it to 80x80. Your best bet is to use any image editing software to make the base image 80x80 and then upload it to GS as your avatar to avoid it being modified.

When I click on Edit Tags, I dont see an option to click delete.

Donya222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Donya222
Member since 2003 • 581 Posts

@robbristow said:

Yeah, there is nothing to allow us to delete our images uploaded!

TigerClaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TigerClaw

I noticed that they re-enabled the Edit Tag, But I still don't see the remove button.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#10 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@TigerClaw said:

@robbristow said:

When I click on Edit Tags, I dont see an option to click delete.

Nor I

tempura13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 tempura13
Member since 2009 • 453 Posts

Hope they add it soon. Much appreciated if we could also delete stuff from our profile's feed, or at least limit them through privacy settings.

Donya222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Donya222
Member since 2003 • 581 Posts

@TigerClaw said:

I noticed that they re-enabled the Edit Tag, But I still don't see the remove button.

Yup, same for me too. Edit tag working again, but still no way to delete images. Tried on Chrome, IE10, Safari, WIN7 + 8 rigs, etc.

TigerClaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TigerClaw

It looks like they fixed it, I see the remove button in the edit tags window now. And was able to delete the one image I wanted to remove, So far so good. :)

perkinsj26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By perkinsj26
Member since 2011 • 86 Posts

now if only we could remove our posts as well! I have feed posts that got messed up

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@TigerClaw said:

It looks like they fixed it, I see the remove button in the edit tags window now. And was able to delete the one image I wanted to remove, So far so good. :)

I noticed that even if you delete the image it is still stored on the server. I deleted a test sig I had in my images section and it still remained as my sig (for more than 24 hours) until I changed my signature.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#16 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
@2ndwonder said:

@TigerClaw said:

I noticed that even if you delete the image it is still stored on the server. I deleted a test sig I had in my images section and it still remained as my sig (for more than 24 hours) until I changed my signature.

At one point there was a 'remove forever' option - I'm guessing only staff (if anyone) has that option now, but my guess is that option would've queued it for deletion on the server as well, chances are they've prevented it from being removed from the server by users to ensure that there's no chance of any more avatar/profile breaking - perhaps not the best preventative solution, but it's effective nonetheless.