Can't follow some games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Thread.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 93BlackHawk93

Still having this problem.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

Any examples of games you're having trouble following?

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 93BlackHawk93

@dab198 said:

Any examples of games you're having trouble following?

• Gravity Daze 2
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
  • Soul Sacrifice Delta
  • Bravely Second
  • Lily Bergamo

Might be some I'm forgetting.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 93BlackHawk93

Bump.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#6  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

They seem to work fine for me - however, with the other thread you posted in mind I'd be surprised if you can follow any games atm: (the below is mostly a copy&paste of my response there, as you'll likely quickly notice)

Are you using a script blocker of any form? This includes any add-ons that may have been added by your AV, as these often have such functionality.

If you are, then you need to allow scripts from ajax.googleapis.com (or just googleapis.com in general), as the pop-up for following games relies upon them.

------------------------------------------

If after we've got the other issue fixed and the scripts are running to allow the post editor to work but this is still an issue, let us know and we'll try and troubleshoot that too - it appears this one has been has been an issue for you for quite a lot longer so there may be something else in addition to the scripts being blocked.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 93BlackHawk93
@robotopbuddy said:

They seem to work fine for me - however, with the other thread you posted in mind I'd be surprised if you can follow any games atm: (the below is mostly a copy&paste of my response there, as you'll likely quickly notice)

Are you using a script blocker of any form? This includes any add-ons that may have been added by your AV, as these often have such functionality.

If you are, then you need to allow scripts from ajax.googleapis.com (or just googleapis.com in general), as the pop-up for following games relies upon them.

------------------------------------------

If after we've got the other issue fixed and the scripts are running to allow the post editor to work but this is still an issue, let us know and we'll try and troubleshoot that too - it appears this one has been has been an issue for you for quite a lot longer so there may be something else in addition to the scripts being blocked.

I'm still having this problem.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator

Can you post a screenshot or a more detailed explanation of what you're seeing on the page when trying to follow the games? Does the pop-up appear when clicking the notification-like icon near the game name on the game page?

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 93BlackHawk93
@robotopbuddy said:

Can you post a screenshot or a more detailed explanation of what you're seeing on the page when trying to follow the games? Does the pop-up appear when clicking the notification-like icon near the game name on the game page?

I don't know how to post a screenshot.

When I choose the system I want the game to follow, it turns in to into a blue rectangle that says "unfollow," but when I refresh or click on another page, the blue thing is not there anymore.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator

Ah right..so they appear to work but aren't actually working as the setting is lost on page refresh; I've managed to reproduce it now - seems to be a back-end problem. As such it'll be a bug report and then waiting on the devs to fix it, so you're probably going to have to be patient on this one. It may be worth listing any other games that tracking isn't working for properly in the meantime.

The error the script is showing (which isn't shown on page) is "release id not found"; this only occurs on the follow script - the unfollow one works fine apparently (though that may simply be due to the game not actually being followed to begin with, or simply that it isn't platform-specific). The result is that it doesn't pass onto the next bit that actually follows the game despite the button changing visually. This also doesn't apply to all games, so it's unlikely to be an error in the script itself - it'll most likely be with the database with the gameID-Platform combination or some other back-end problem related to the specific gameID-platform combinations.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#11 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

I've reported this to the product team and will let you know when I get an update. Thanks for reporting and Rob thanks for troubleshooting.