Bug Report - Cant Delete own Topics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by The-Apostle (12193 posts) -

Why can't we delete our own topics? Or blogs? That would be nice...

#2 Posted by JP_ (12876 posts) -

Renamed Topic - Cant Delete Own Topic

#3 Posted by The-Apostle (12193 posts) -

@juniorpower said:

Renamed Topic - Cant Delete Own Topic

Great... Now you made me change the entire post. >_>

:lol:

j/k

Great idea though...

#4 Posted by JP_ (12876 posts) -

@The-Apostle Saves time from having to go Create a new Topic, Typing even more lol

While you can have a Moderator just quickly Rename your Thread :P


#5 Posted by BranKetra (49619 posts) -

Is this a bug? We could not delete topics after someone posted in them on the old site.

#6 Edited by The-Apostle (12193 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

Is this a bug? We could not delete topics after someone posted in them on the old site.

You're right. However, we COULD delete them BEFORE they got replies. Now we can't even do that much. >_>

#7 Posted by BranKetra (49619 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

@BranKetra said:

Is this a bug? We could not delete topics after someone posted in them on the old site.

You're right. However, we COULD delete them BEFORE they got replies. Now we can't even do that much. >_>

That is what I was not sure of. I did not want to make a thread just to test that out. I read the new site code is written and does not come pre-made which means that this is most likely not a bug, but instead it is a lack of a feature.

#8 Posted by JP_ (12876 posts) -

Well it will be added to the list to get the Feature added if the Staff Find it Worthy

#9 Posted by RobotOpBuddy (65270 posts) -

Only reason you can't now when you could before is that the 1st post's existence is no longer linked in any way to the thread's existence - awkwardly this can lead to threads with no posts in them.

#10 Edited by The-Apostle (12193 posts) -

@robbristow said:

Only reason you can't now when you could before is that the 1st post's existence is no longer linked in any way to the thread's existence - awkwardly this can lead to threads with no posts in them.

I remember the thread with no post issue. We had threads dating all the way back to 1969. >_>

But, yeah, I'd like to be able to delete my own topics and blogs. I have two blogs I need deleted but can't do it. :cry:

#11 Posted by The-Apostle (12193 posts) -

Bump... Has this been fixed yet?