Bring back the sports board

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by monkeytoes61 (8362 posts) -

Honestly, that was one of the more active boards on Gamespot. Getting rid of it was totally unnecessary. I understand streamlining the whole site, but why eliminate specialty boards that had thriving communities?

#2 Edited by Master_Live (14668 posts) -

Or if your goal is to streamline your number of visitors you can nix that board too. Idiots.

#3 Posted by jamesh-42 (4331 posts) -

There are a lot of boards that haven't made it over in the transition, including the regional boards (e.g. GameSpot AU, UK, etc). The feedback we got from the AU staff was that they were being transitioned after the launch.

It is a bit disappointing that they went ahead with the switch over before sorting out the additional boards (were they really that much more difficult to transition than forums that were moved?), but hopefully they won't be gone for long.

#4 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

If no sports board i'm gone. F the bullshit.

#5 Edited by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -

@36Ounces said:

Exactly. The sports board is the last thing that would keep me. I was considering staying but I'm gone.

#6 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8362 posts) -

Hopefully Bobbles old NFL union will become a board soon.

#7 Edited by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -

I'm not sure why you bother anyway. They ignored your last topic so I'm not sure they care. Of course, I already knew they didn't. >_>

#8 Posted by lensflare15 (6181 posts) -

They need to bring back the legacy board as well. Why the fuck did they delete so many boards? I don't remember them mentioning that at all prior to the change.

#9 Edited by Chutebox (37236 posts) -

@36Ounces said:

I second this.

#10 Posted by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -

There MIGHT be a way to find it. The board dropdown box has a list of boards (when you create a topic) not listed on the home forum page. I just tested it myself and found the Legacy forum.

#11 Posted by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

There MIGHT be a way to find it. The board dropdown box has a list of boards (when you create a topic) not listed on the home forum page. I just tested it myself and found the Legacy forum.

Those boards are gone from the dropdown menu it seems. It still needs further testing. But hopefully the sports board is still around.

#12 Posted by No_Hablo_Ingles (8405 posts) -

@Chutebox: 3rd this. I can tolerate the look, maybe even get use to it, but they got rid of literally the only forum I used here.

#13 Posted by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -

Can you at least sticky our topic?

#14 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17164 posts) -
@lensflare15 said:

They need to bring back the legacy board as well. Why the fuck did they delete so many boards? I don't remember them mentioning that at all prior to the change.

Yeah, legacy and the sports boards were my two favorites here. I'm going to be spending a lot less time on the gs forums if both are gone.

#15 Posted by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -

@Renegade_Fury said:
@lensflare15 said:

Yeah, legacy and the sports boards were my two favorites here. I'm going to be spending a lot less time on the gs forums if both are gone.

Here you are. It's locked for some reason though...

#16 Posted by Chutebox (37236 posts) -

Still here. Bring it back, please. This is ridiculous. No reason for it not to be there.

#17 Posted by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Still here. Bring it back, please. This is ridiculous. No reason for it not to be there.

Yeah... I don't care if the topics are gone (like in the case of the Legacy board). I just want a place for us sports fans to hang out. :)

#19 Edited by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -

The guy who made the site quickly got back to me. Here's what @edgework wrote:

That sucks man but I just build the site. I don't decide what's on it. I will bring this up to the people who do and I will ask the guy who built them if he knows. I don't really know much about the forums.

#20 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

The guy who made the site quickly got back to me. Here's what @edgework wrote:

That sucks man but I just build the site. I don't decide what's on it. I will bring this up to the people who do and I will ask the guy who built them if he knows. I don't really know much about the forums.

nice that you got something, at least. I don't care if the old one is even imported or not. Just give us a new, shiny one that says "sports" if that's easier...

#21 Edited by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

The links to the right show the sports board is available - only has 1 post though.

I get the impression from the main forum listing that it's meant to scroll - there is a sub-heading for the sports section, but nothing beneath it. why would you put things like Views and Posts on a heading at the bottom of a listing unless there was meant to be something below it.

#22 Edited by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -

@Avenger1324 said:

The links to the right show the sports board is available - only has 1 post though.

I get the impression from the main forum listing that it's meant to scroll - there is a sub-heading for the sports section, but nothing beneath it. why would you put things like Views and Posts on a heading at the bottom of a listing unless there was meant to be something below it.

Awesome! I guess a kind mod can LOCK this topic up then. :D